Game Analysis: 2014 Training Camp Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yea Leonard didn't say that

Leonard is still a hack though

Yeah, and what the heck, I am sure he just wrote what happend. He is a reporter, we can't have too much of that. If a few kids can't handle that -- big deal.

I can tell you right now that there are a few guys on this team that don't like each other, 20 randomly picked people don't all get along.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Just foolin around, but I was considering these lines:

Duclair-Brass-Nash//I liked how these three looked together.
Kreider-Step-MSL//Good mix of size and skill.
Zucc-Hayes-Stempniak//I am getting a bit creative here. But I think Zucc really would help Hayes, and with Zucc and Kevin I would like to have one responsible player who would take a bit of a back seat offensively. And I would like a right handed shot. I like what I've seen from Stemp so far.
Hagelin-Moore-Glass//Hagelin has been awsome so far, and it will stick out to have him on the 4th. But OTOH, we are going to have to be a 4 line team this year. For me it don't really matter, he would play more or less the same as had he played on the 3rd line and he gives us awsome depth here...

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: #NYR Number Updates:
Kevin Hayes – 13
Jesper Fast – 19”

Championship*

I though Duclair would take 13. Also why would Fast give up on 91?

I think Duke is keeping 63, in his tweet yesterday he added "#63."

Perhaps he wants to make sure he lasts past the 9 game trial before he picks himself a permanent number.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Duke is keeping 63, in his tweet yesterday he added "#63."

Perhaps he wants to make sure he lasts past the 9 game trial before he picks himself a permanent number.

I don't care what number anyone wears as long as they score goals in it, although the soccer fan in me appreciates the aesthetics of keeping the jersey numbers reasonably low.

AHB*

This is why i don't have and don't use twitter.

At least here, on this message board, we can argue and discuss one overarching topic: hockey.

On twitter, its a cesspool of ridiculous comments.

Twitter is a fantastic invention. You can weed out dumb comments and only follow solid sources. I don't ever post on there, but I used it as a main source for news. It is wonderful and I highly suggest that you try it out. And not just for hockey.

Annoyed Fast didn't keep 91.

AHB*

I don't care what number anyone wears as long as they score goals in it, although the soccer fan in me appreciates the aesthetics of keeping the jersey numbers reasonably low.

I'm a soccer fan too, but those numbers aren't relative to hockey. In fact, I consider true hockey numbers to be higher.

Numbers in the 90's are the best.

Vickers8

New-York-Rangers-Wallpaper-HD-Widescreen.jpg

SupersonicMonkey*

Twitter is a fantastic invention. You can weed out dumb comments and only follow solid sources. I don't ever post on there, but I used it as a main source for news. It is wonderful and I highly suggest that you try it out. And not just for hockey.

Annoyed Fast didn't keep 91.

Maybe i'll try it out, and it makes me feel like an old fuddy duddy. I just don't use the social media stuff. Last time i did was the myspace days in the early 2000's.

I wouldn't know who to follow, is there a list of the top hockey reporters' twitter accounts?

AHB*

I'd switch Glass and Malone

No way, Glass has been better all pre-season. It shocks me to say this.

Maybe i'll try it out, and it makes me feel like an old fuddy duddy. I just don't use the social media stuff. Last time i did was the myspace days in the early 2000's.

I wouldn't know who to follow, is there a list of the top hockey reporters' twitter accounts?

There's a lot of guys for rumors. You start by following main guys like Mckenzie and our beat writers, then you'll see who you want to follow from there. People pop up here and there in retweets and such so you kind of learn as you go.

If you follow someone that sucks or spams to much, you just unfollow them.

I'm not even talking about hockey though, it's literally my main news source. Every morning I spend about 20 minutes going through my twitter to catch up on what's going on in every facet of the world I'm interested in. Whether it's hockey, world news, US news, new health issues, stock market updates, etc.

I was like you. I still to this day don't interact on any social media and don't have any other accounts set up, but this is an exception. It's an amazing tool if utilized properly.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I though Duclair would take 13. Also why would Fast give up on 91?

Fast wore 12 last year in his limited time with the Rangers. This year, Stempniak took 12, and Fast took 91 because that was the year he was born. I'm guessing that 19 wasn't offered to him at the time, but now that he's made the team, he was given the option, so he changed it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Glass has not been as bad as advertised.

I reserve the right to change my mind on this though.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He looked ridiculous wearing 91 good move although I was hoping Duclair would take 19

Looks like he might keep 63 horrible number Hagelin did the same thing with 62

Championship*

He looked ridiculous wearing 91 good move although I was hoping Duclair would take 19

Looks like he might keep 63 horrible number Hagelin did the same thing with 62

62 works.

If I was Duke I'd look at either 25 or go to the 90's. 14 could also be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad