Game Analysis: 2014 Training Camp Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
New York Rangers@NYRangers · 18 mins18 minutes ago

AV on @aduclair10: "He's got an NHL skill set...he's earned the right to start with us Thursday" #NYR

:handclap:

Damn straight, he has!

Very excited about Duclair. I just think we need to be extremely careful with this kid. He has legit 1st liner upside, but you can still see the rawness in parts of his game. I think giving him the 9 game trial to start is fine, but if I'm in the front office, he would seriously have to blow me away to stay the entire season.

FWIW, I think he's a player who really is hurt by the CHL-AHL age rule. The optimal situation would be for Duclair to acclimate to the pro game in the AHL, then make a run at a permanent spot next season. He has nothing left to prove in the Q. This is all JMO, of course.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Can't Hayes not be sent down since he's injured?
I thought that was the same deal with Desjardins. Which is why he was sent down today and not with the last round of cuts.

I believe the issue with injured players is regarding demoting (waiving) injured players that require waivers.

as a first year pro, Hayes does not require waivers

AHB*

I am seriously shocked by how many people underrate Stempniak around here. I can't wait for the season to start when everyone will be saying "What a steal!"

Vickers8

I am seriously shocked by how many people underrate Stempniak around here. I can't wait for the season to start when everyone will be saying "What a steal!"

Malone- Dom Moore- Stempniak would be a big improvement over last years 4th line

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Pat Leonard@PLeonardNYDN · 1m 1 minute ago

Vigneault told Duclair if he can prove he's capable of playing in the Rangers' top-nine forwards, he will stick here. Like, for the year

Did he also have to tell him that water is wet? Ice is cold? Pretty common sense, why is this even presented as news?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

There's really only one or two very vocal posters bashing him. Everyone else knows what kind of player Stempniak is: a calm, consistent bottom-6er who is solid in all phases of the game. You know exactly what you're going to get from him night in and night out. A very valuable role player, and a guy you can win with.

But hey, as they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

The whiny, annoying, squeaky wheel...

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 21m21 minutes ago
Vigneault with a major compliment to Jesper Fast. Says when he's on the ice, coaches have full trust in him #NYR

So it's confirmed that AV has eyes and they work. Fast has been phenomenal. Not rookie-like at all, just a vet going about his business. Those who DVRed some of his preseason games, watch how he plays when the opposing team has the puck. So cool, calm and collected, able to get in the right position using his smart and speed.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: #NYR have acquired F Joey Crabb from Panthers for Andrew Yogan and Steven Kampfer, clearing a contract spot for Anthony Duclairâ€

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So it's confirmed that AV has eyes and they work. Fast has been phenomenal. Not rookie-like at all, just a vet going about his business. Those who DVRed some of his preseason games, watch how he plays when the opposing team has the puck. So cool, calm and collected, able to get in the right position using his smart and speed.

So Swedish.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Sounded to me like MSL put a nice hit on JT. Jt got pissed about it and Nash stepped in and told him to relax. Not worried at all.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
:handclap:

Damn straight, he has!

Very excited about Duclair. I just think we need to be extremely careful with this kid. He has legit 1st liner upside, but you can still see the rawness in parts of his game. I think giving him the 9 game trial to start is fine, but if I'm in the front office, he would seriously have to blow me away to stay the entire season.

FWIW, I think he's a player who really is hurt by the CHL-AHL age rule. The optimal situation would be for Duclair to acclimate to the pro game in the AHL, then make a run at a permanent spot next season. He has nothing left to prove in the Q. This is all JMO, of course.

Even if he were eligible to go down to the AHL, he'd still have made the Rangers. He was clearly among the team's best 9 forwards in preseason. The only question about him is that he's still a teenager. Had he played exactly the same way and been 22, nobody would have an issue with him being on the team.

Stepanstones*

Thursday lineups Imo

Krieder brass zucc
Duke miller nash
Haglin msl fast
Glass/step Moore malone

Hayes sits with injury.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Pat LeonardVerified account‏@PLeonardNYDN41m41 minutes ago

Well, well. St. Louis gives J.T. Miller a big shoulder to the chest, and Nash comes over and throws Miller away & tells him to back off

NY Rangers Zone‏@NYRangersZone43m43 minutes ago

Doesn't sound like J.T. Miller has much support on the team. Must take a lot to piss off Marty St. Louis...

That second tweet is beyond ****ing stupid.

I hate our beat writers :shakehead What a dumb leap to take when you have no evidence :facepalm:

So happy I unfollowed Leonard. I only follow Gross and Brooksie. Our beat is THAT bad.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
“@stevezipay: #NYR have acquired F Joey Crabb from Panthers for Andrew Yogan and Steven Kampfer, clearing a contract spot for Anthony Duclairâ€

Not Yogan! He was supposed to be the next Dubinsky......4 years ago:sarcasm:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Good hoping we can keep mueller good center for hartford

Hayes mueller Lindberg and Lombardi as your centers for hartford is pretty stacked damn

SupersonicMonkey*

Unsure if mentioned, because I haven't had the chance to check if it has been talked about.

Muller being waived, doesn't mean he will not be on the roster.

Apparently, a player can be waived, and clear, and stay on the roster. All this does, is allow the team the ability to send him down to Hartford at any time they wish before the next waiver period. 30 days?

He may stick around as insurance.

Assuming he clears.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Unsure if mentioned, because I haven't had the chance to check if it has been talked about.

Muller being waived, doesn't mean he will not be on the roster.

Apparently, a player can be waived, and clear, and stay on the roster. All this does, is allow the team the ability to send him down to Hartford at any time they wish before the next waiver period. 30 days?

He may stick around as insurance.

Assuming he clears.

This is what we like to call the Aaron Voros clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad