Game Analysis: 2014 Training Camp Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupersonicMonkey*

Lol Voros.

Speaking of whom, we have the new Voros: Malone.

Remember when Voros was "on pace" for 50 goals...lol

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
“@stevezipay: #NYR have acquired F Joey Crabb from Panthers for Andrew Yogan and Steven Kampfer, clearing a contract spot for Anthony Duclairâ€

In addition to giving a spot to The Duke in the NHL, it also opens up a spot for Sammy The Bull in Hartford. Great trade. Joey Crabb is a very good AHLer and could fill in at the NHL level too. He spent a total of 2.5 seasons in the NHL, so it's a great acquisition for two scrubs.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Even if he were eligible to go down to the AHL, he'd still have made the Rangers. He was clearly among the team's best 9 forwards in preseason.

I agree, but you have nowhere desirable to send him if he flounders. The difference between the level of play in juniors versus the NHL is massive. He's obviously too good for the QMJHL, so what good does sending him down there do?

If Duclair can't keep up his level of play, we send him back to juniors. He should be playing against men in the AHL. It's frustrating.

The only question about him is that he's still a teenager. Had he played exactly the same way and been 22, nobody would have an issue with him being on the team.

If he was 22, we would know a whole hell of alot more about how he holds up over an entire season against men. I'm as excited about the kid as anyone, but he hasn't experienced the significant physical wear and tear yet that comes with playing against bigger, faster, and stronger opponents. It's going to be an adjustment for him.

SupersonicMonkey*

That "tweet"...

What a STUPID thing to say about J.T.Miller...stupid things like that out of "the media" can turn people against someone for no damn reason.

Maybe...just MAYBE...its possible all of these guys are proud, competitive athletes and compete hard in practice, just as hard as they do in a game.

John Moore faught Brassard, and Hrivik in camp. He looked pissed during the Hrivik fight...doesn't mean either Moore or Hrivik are degenerates with no sense of team, or are hated by teammates...

Ignorance.

Brian Boyle and other posters here run blogs with more insight.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I don't know. Considering what happened with Miller in the playoffs I am not inclined to think that this is a non-issue.

while i dont want to sound alarmist, this isnt really a positive at all unless it is just a little horse play during practice- from the sounds of it though, it wasnt.

jtmiller, msl and nasher are not kids clawing to make this team. they are bigtime 2 vets and a guy whos got a spot locked up.

so, in context, it doesnt sound that great since it involves jt miller. again.

av has had his issues with jt miller. he called him out last year for a reason. thats public.

the kid has a mouth and an attitude. hes a "hothead" and thats his own words pretty much, sounds like he has some maturing to do and thats not only ok, but not that unusual.

jt miller needs to get his shot together. even in interviews he comes off cocky and aloof. i watched the john moore interview the other day and came away impressed with his attitude and maturity.

i watch jt miller and i dont see either really. this kid needs to watch himself or hell be shipped out.

i hope im wrong.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
That "tweet"...

What a STUPID thing to say about J.T.Miller...stupid things like that out of "the media" can turn people against someone for no damn reason.

Maybe...just MAYBE...its possible all of these guys are proud, competitive athletes and compete hard in practice, just as hard as they do in a game.

John Moore faught Brassard, and Hrivik in camp. He looked pissed during the Hrivik fight...doesn't mean either Moore or Hrivik are degenerates with no sense of team, or are hated by teammates...

Ignorance.

Brian Boyle and other posters here run blogs with more insight.

Twitter hates MSL now :laugh::laugh:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm glad they're all super mad and competitive, but let's not kill each other before game 1 of 82.

Also, Pat pls.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
while i dont want to sound alarmist, this isnt really a positive at all unless it is just a little horse play during practice- from the sounds of it though, it wasnt.

jtmiller, msl and nasher are not kids clawing to make this team. they are bigtime 2 vets and a guy whos got a spot locked up.

so, in context, it doesnt sound that great since it involves jt miller. again.

av has had his issues with jt miller. he called him out last year for a reason. thats public.

the kid has a mouth and an attitude. hes a "hothead" and thats his own words pretty much, sounds like he has some maturing to do and thats not only ok, but not that unusual.

jt miller needs to get his shot together. even in interviews he comes off cocky and aloof. i watched the john moore interview the other day and came away impressed with his attitude and maturity.

i watch jt miller and i dont see either really. this kid needs to watch himself or hell be shipped out.

i hope im wrong.

If this is literally anyone else, nobody bats an eye.

Dubinsky had at least one or two scuffles during past NYR camps. Some players are just wired that way.

Miller's already shown signs of maturing in his preparation for the season and great camp. Tempers flare at camp, so unless a pattern starts to emerge, this doesn't bother me one bit.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I agree, but you have nowhere desirable to send him if he flounders. The difference between the level of play in juniors versus the NHL is massive. He's obviously too good for the QMJHL, so what good does sending him down there do?

If Duclair can't keep up his level of play, we send him back to juniors. He should be playing against men in the AHL. It's frustrating.

He still has things to prove and improve at the junior level despite the 50 goals. And the WJC would be a great experience. Prospects usually aren't hurt by being sent back to juniors. The best draft class in the last 15 years couldn't play in the NHL at 19 and they're still many of the best players in the NHL. Besides, Duclair missed a lot of hockey last season.

Of course, you want him to stay in New York and play against men but stop saying it would be the worst thing for his carreer to go back to juniors. It wouldn't.

I think he can prove he can stay in the top 9 though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kreider Brassard Zuccarello
Duclair St. Louis Nash
Hagelin Miller Stempniak
Glass Moore Fast

Sorted

Championship*

Leonard (another one of our terrible beat writers) was the only beat writer to say anything about this and we have no idea what the extent of it was. No reason to get reactionary on it.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
He still has things to prove and improve at the junior level despite the 50 goals. And the WJC would be a great experience. Prospects usually aren't hurt by being sent back to juniors. The best draft class in the last 15 years couldn't play in the NHL at 19 and they're still many of the best players in the NHL. Besides, Duclair missed a lot of hockey last season.

Of course, you want him to stay in New York and play against men but stop saying it would be the worst thing for his carreer to go back to juniors. It wouldn't.

I think he can prove he can stay in the top 9 though.

I don't disagree that the WJC would be a great experience for him, but he doesn't need another season in the Q. It's obvious from watching him play.

Would sending him back to juniors be the worst thing? No, it wouldn't. The worst thing would be keeping him in the NHL if he struggles. That doesn't change the fact that the AHL>>>QMJHL in terms of his development at this point.

And FWIW, I have nothing against the CHL. For many players Duclair's age, it's the right place from them to be. Duclair, IMO, in a perfect world, would be refining his game against men this season. If he could do it in the NHL, I would be ecstatic. Can he refine his game against 16-20 year olds in the Q? Sure, but far less effectively than in the AHL.

It's frustrating that the AHL will not be an option for him.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Kreider-Brass-Zucc
Duke-Miller-Nash
Hagelin-MSL-Fast
Malone-Moore-Stemp
Glass

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
I read some TML fans saying he was on Kessel's line that year...

How the hell is that even possible?! :laugh:

It was Crabb - Bozak - Kessel.

Bozak was playing like *******, and SUPER passive. They were unable to create any chances off the forecheck, and Kulemin did a wonderful job for the Bozak/Kessel line the year earlier in puck retrieval mode. So they called up Crabb from the Marlies as a sparkplug, and he was willing to muck, battle, and grind for possession.

Last edited:

Wolfy*

I don't think the players like Miller. We know he has a short fuse, and he has shown some bad attitude. He really needs to do something about that, or his NHL career may become a short one.

To be honest, I don't like Miller either, have yet to see a smile on his face. But hopefully this will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad