2014 Training Camp Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
ducks fans...two questions

whats the latest on the heatley injury?

also, can someone give me to low down on the goaltending situation in anaheim?

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
ducks fans...two questions

whats the latest on the heatley injury?

also, can someone give me to low down on the goaltending situation in anaheim?

Heater Should be fine and Freddy will start the season as the starter, but will both get plenty of starts

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
My buddy was at practice and his observations:

Maroon looks much better than Heatley with Getzlaf/Perry
Cogs adds a new dynamic to Kesler/Silf and Silf had a bunch of goals today in practice
DSP is underwhelming was rotating with Etem/Rakell/Karlsson on 3rd line, Etem looked the best, they had rushes with Etem/Karlsson/Rakell that apparently looked amazing and they had chemistry.
Beauchemin was pissed off when Fowler got hurt (he didn't really see what happen just noticed Beauchemin skate over pissed at whoever did it)
Palms was apparently one of the best players on the ice he was rotating on the 4th line with Beleskey, he said he wouldn't be suprised to see him on Saturday

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Cogs adds a new dynamic to Kesler/Silf and Silf had a bunch of goals today in practice
DSP is underwhelming was rotating with Etem/Rakell/Karlsson on 3rd line, Etem looked the best, they had rushes with Etem/Karlsson/Rakell that apparently looked amazing and they had chemistry.
Beauchemin was pissed off when Fowler got hurt (he didn't really see what happen just noticed Beauchemin skate over pissed at whoever did it)
Palms was apparently one of the best players on the ice he was rotating on the 4th line with Beleskey, he said he wouldn't be suprised to see him on Saturday

1. I feel happy and sad at the same time hearing Maroon looks much better than Heatley. Mostly happy though.

Happy to hear about Cogs and that 2nd line. Palmieri and Etem up for big years?

Please not be a case with Devo again that he looks underwhelming after some good stretches (like after his first season)

Paige Duck

Magnus
May 2, 2014
Aliso Viejo, CA

This doesn't surprise me. I always thought Maroon looked good with the twins.

Side note- does anybody know who hit Fowler? It seems like everyone saw what happened but didn't know who was involved :huh:

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
This doesn't surprise me. I always thought Maroon looked good with the twins.

Side note- does anybody know who hit Fowler? It seems like everyone saw what happened but didn't know who was involved :huh:

Some reports are saying he lost an edge but my friend said someone was involved but he wasn't looking until there was a group around him and he couldn't tell who did it, just looked like Beauch was pissed.

At the end of the day, lets just blame Allen.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Only time i have seen Beauch yelling at someone from his team is Lindholm last season :laugh:

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Only time i have seen Beauch yelling at someone from his team is Lindholm last season :laugh:

:laugh:

I remember there was times when the other team dumped the puck and it seemed like Beauch was too lazy to chase it and it was on his side and he yelled at Hampus to get it

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Thanks guys, I think that you got a good one when you drafted him but your team has depth so they can afford to develop him properly.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Well theoretically he can still play depending on how Petes and the Ducks seasons turns out.

But i think it`s better for him to develop his game in O a bit more. No need to rush him, really

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
@icemancometh: Cam Fowler was just helped off the ice. Didn't look good. Moments earlier, Pat Maroon was holding his arm but appears OK.

That was Stephans first tweet about Fowler, might have been Maroon who hit him.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
@icemancometh: Cam Fowler was just helped off the ice. Didn't look good. Moments earlier, Pat Maroon was holding his arm but appears OK.

That was Stephans first tweet about Fowler, might have been Maroon who hit him.

And might as well not. Would be a comical situation of Patty helping Cam and Beauch constantly yelling at Patty for what he has done :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
8477047.jpg

Legolask.jpg

Image taken from LotR :laugh:

and

8477047.jpg

+

EC1_Hair_Curler.jpg

=

jagr_jaromir.jpg

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
:laugh:

I remember there was times when the other team dumped the puck and it seemed like Beauch was too lazy to chase it and it was on his side and he yelled at Hampus to get it

D are coached to do that sometimes, you call for a switch and have your partner retrieve the puck so you can run quick interference on the guy who dumped the puck.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
D are coached to do that sometimes, you call for a switch and have your partner retrieve the puck so you can run quick interference on the guy who dumped the puck.

Yes I know that, this was different, beauchemin wasn't in the best shape last year after his injury.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Some reports are saying he lost an edge but my friend said someone was involved but he wasn't looking until there was a group around him and he couldn't tell who did it, just looked like Beauch was pissed.

At the end of the day, lets just blame Allen.

This is getting old, you and your vitriol for Allen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh 58s59 seconds ago
Looks like Ducks could be going with a No. 1 PP unit of Vatanen as lone D with Kesler-Perry-Getzlaf-Maroon. Practicing that way at least.

Getzlaf on point again....

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh 58s59 seconds ago
Looks like Ducks could be going with a No. 1 PP unit of Vatanen as lone D with Kesler-Perry-Getzlaf-Maroon. Practicing that way at least.

Getzlaf on point again....

Well, that may be by default today since Cam's hurt.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Silf Rakell Palms
Fowler Hampus

maybe? idk

Maybe when Heater is healthy we can go

Heatley-Kesler-Perry
Getzlaf-Fowler (Was there Vs Kings iirc)

Maroon-Rakell-Palmeri/Silf
Lindholm-Vatanen

At least then Maroon can stand in front of the net for Vats and Hampus.. Idk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad