2014 Training Camp Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDucks*

Let's get some posters at these events people. I can't do it all. (I really could)

GO DUCKS

The Ducks will open their 2014 Training Camp on Thursday, Sept. 18, followed by the first on-ice session on Friday, Sept. 19 at THE RINKS - Anaheim ICE presented by Honda.

The Ducks will hold the first three days of Training Camp at Anaheim ICE from Sept. 19-21. All of the club’s currently scheduled scrimmages and practices will be open to the public and free of charge.

On the first three days of training camp, the team will be split into two practice groups each day (Friday-Sunday). The first on-ice session at Anaheim ICE will be from 9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. A second group will follow from 1:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. All times are tentative, so fans are encouraged to visit AnaheimDucks.com for updates.

On Monday, Sept. 22, the club’s first two preseason games will take place with split-squad contests vs. Colorado (home game vs. Colorado at 7 p.m. at Honda Center, road contest @ Colorado at 6 p.m.). Anaheim will host Arizona the next night (Tues., Sept. 23) at 7 p.m. at Honda Center.

THE RINKS - Anaheim ICE presented by Honda is located at 300 West Lincoln Avenue in Anaheim (one mile east of the 5 freeway off the Lincoln Ave. exit). Parking is available in two separate structures adjacent to the facility.

Anaheim’s 2014 Training Camp roster will be announced later this week.

2014 TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE (Sept. 19-23)

Friday, Sept. 19: Group A practice 9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.; Group B practice 1:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 20: Group B practice 9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.; Group A practice 1:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 21: Group A practice 9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.; Group B practice 1:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.

Monday, Sept. 22: Anaheim vs. Colorado, split squad (7 p.m. @ Honda Center, 6 p.m. @ Pepsi Center)

Tuesday, Sept. 23: Anaheim vs. Arizona, 7 p.m., Honda Center

DaDucks*

I should be in on
Friday afternoon
Both on Saturday
Monday @ Honda
Tuesday @ Honda
Thursday @ LA

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
This is going to be an extremely interesting training camp.

Kesler how does he look
Heatley can he even skate anymore
Stoner to see him in person and see what we got
Rakell/Karlsson/Kerdiles battle
Vatanen/Lindholm/Fowler any improvement
Our goalie situation
Will DSP sign?
Etem looked great in the "voluntary" practice/scrimmage hope he can build on it.

I am stoked for this weekend!

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Does anyone think Kerdiles has a real shot at that 3rd line center roster spot? He has 16 games in the AHL and he has been playing wing in the AHL/camps if I am not mistaken. I wonder if the Ducks even see him as a center.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Does anyone think Kerdiles has a real shot at that 3rd line center roster spot? He has 16 games in the AHL and he has been playing wing in the AHL/camps if I am not mistaken. I wonder if the Ducks even see him as a center.

If they were going to give him a shot at center this season, he would have practiced and scrimmaged at center IMO. If DSP negotiations continue to grow sour, he might be in a battle with Etem for that winger spot if we move someone.

Last edited:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
It might actually be better for him to be a winger at this point, with DSP not signed and the question marks like Heatley.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I wanted to go to the game on Monday, but looks like night school will prevent that from happening

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
I know there was talk of Kerdiles being tried at center but considering Nofolk will have one of Karlsson or Rakell, Wagnger, Steckel and Leblanc I don't think he'll actually be used there. I know all the talk of the fourth line center (I'm so tired of people assuming it's the third line) includes Rakell, Karlsson and Kerdiles it's really Rakell, Karlsson, and Leblanc. I have little doubt Kerdiles ends up in Norfolk to start the year and if we happen to see him in Anaheim this season it will be as a winger.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
Does anyone know if the ducks will be signing autographs during friday training?

If you catch them on the way out they are likely to sign & take pics. Sometimes players park inside in the gated area and leave, but some may still stop.

-------
I may make it to either Fri or Sat. Not sure yet.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Preseason games are being streamed right? The sooner I get used to #17 Ryan Kesler in a Ducks jersey the better.

Also want to see how Karlsson and Kerdiles do against upper tier competition. And more Gibson. And if Etem and Palmieri progressed at all. And if Lindholm got stronger......there's just so much I gotta know!

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
If you mean for the practices, no. They never do. As for the split squad game with the Avs, I'm not sure they will even announce that. Fans in attendance will likely get the full training camp roster as they enter the building.

As long as I get to see the Karlsson Vs Rakell Vs Kerdiles deathmatch i'll be satisfied.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Preseason games are being streamed right? The sooner I get used to #17 Ryan Kesler in a Ducks jersey the better.

Also want to see how Karlsson and Kerdiles do against upper tier competition. And more Gibson. And if Etem and Palmieri progressed at all. And if Lindholm got stronger......there's just so much I gotta know!

Adam Brady said the Ducks were planning to stream the home games. It wasn't a sure thing. His exact quote...

We're hoping for all home games, but we'll see.

And unless the away games are being streamed by the home team, those games will not be streamed.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

This. this. this.

That`s the benefit of a franchise that likes to grow their own players and draft well ;)

And yes, i also want to get used to see Kesler with the Ducks #17.

phil999

Sep 16, 2014
Orange County
If you catch them on the way out they are likely to sign & take pics. Sometimes players park inside in the gated area and leave, but some may still stop.

-------
I may make it to either Fri or Sat. Not sure yet.

Thanks for the advice I will goto both sessions on Friday and see what happens.

Oct 18, 2011
So Steckel is back on a PTO, probably going to Norfolk unless he gets a pro deal.....good insurance to have him in the minors

Brad Winchester is back on a PTO
Nathan McIver back on a PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad