OT: 2014 Redskins Part V (4-11-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Haslett should be fired at halftime.

He should've been fired in the offseason. And then when that failed, he should have been fired in the middle of the Vikings game when his playcalling was so abysmal it appeared he was TRYING to get fired. And now that that failed, I just hope that he is fired the moment this game and season ends. Should be first order of business.

Sep 19, 2008
The thing about Haslett is that people are going to point to his defensive ranking statistics (Top 11 in this league) but it's games like this...and the inconsistency of the defense...which is just perplexing. They should be consistent week after week.

What does that have to do with terrible (and predictable) play calling, a laughably bad defensive game plan, not being ready for ANOTHER onsides kick, etc? This coaching staff is comically bad.

That's just Redskins football. They played so well last week and look completely different this week. They have no honor and no pride out there today. Absolutely pathetic.

WHEN YOU'RE ****ING DOWN BY 20 POINTS IN THE 2ND HALF YOU SHOULD THROW ALL RUNNING PLAYS OUT. THERE IS NO POINT IN RUNNING THE FOOTBALL EVEN IF IT IS FOR FOUR YARDS.

THROW PAST THE ****ING MARKER AND GET AGGRESSIVE.

The playcalling is better this drive but you'll never, ever...ever be able to convince me that you should or are "forced" to call short plays on 3rd and 11. I was always taught to throw past the marker, it makes no logical sense to throw for 6 yards when you need 11

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Last game in a Skins uniform for Helu, most likely. Hope he goes out in style. That was a nice start.

Sep 19, 2008
If we can make it 27-14 at the half, we get the ball back so we can possibly make it 27-21. Just try to have some pride and honor

I'd give up on a 20 pt game but I once saw RG3 lead this team back from a 20+ deficit against Cincinnati (ended up losing but that 2nd quarter was like BAM) so it's not over yet amazingly.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
He needs to evolve into a being that doesn't get injured by a stiff breeze, too.

That too, but he has played in 10 games this year. So making progress in that department. I think if he conditions his body better to take hits he will get hurt less.

Check that, he has played in 1 more game than last year. :laugh:

Yeah he needs to be more durable. But his blocking skills are atrocious. He makes Jackson look good when blocking.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If we can make it 27-14 at the half, we get the ball back so we can possibly make it 27-21. Just try to have some pride and honor

I'd give up on a 20 pt game but I once saw RG3 lead this team back from a 20+ deficit against Cincinnati (ended up losing but that 2nd quarter was like BAM) so it's not over yet amazingly.

If they don't ****ing onside kick to start the half....

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That too, but he has played in 10 games this year. So making progress in that department. I think if he conditions his body better to take hits he will get hurt less.

Check that, he has played in 1 more game than last year. :laugh:

Yeah he needs to be more durable. But his blocking skills are atrocious. He makes Jackson look good when blocking.

haha...yeah. At least Jackson isn't trying, Reed is. So that's saying something.

We've only got one RB who's half decent at blocking too, and he's been suspect lately.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
But I thought we were talking about DC?

Again, the bandwagon effect is everywhere. DC is not immune. And this article puts the Dallas fandom here at anywhere from 6-11%, which is not huge and certainly not what you'd expect from a racial protest. The article gives further reasons for the presence of Dallas fans in DC and abroad, and more analysis as to why the racial backlash explanation is an unlikely theory:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/42149/why-are-there-so-many-cowboys-fans-in-dc/

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Love it when its explained that a pass that is at the knees and behind the receiver is "not a bad throw". :laugh:

And WTF happened to Gary Busey? Guess that motorcycle accident some years ago really **** him up.

Also, apparently they are remaking Point Break. :facepalm:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't care how good the Cowboys are, your defense can't show up and play with heart at home, to end the season, with this rivalry? Heads need to roll.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Again, the bandwagon effect is everywhere. DC is not immune. And this article puts the Dallas fandom here at anywhere from 6-11%, which is not huge and certainly not what you'd expect from a racial protest. The article gives further reasons for the presence of Dallas fans in DC and abroad, and more analysis as to why the racial backlash explanation is an unlikely theory:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/42149/why-are-there-so-many-cowboys-fans-in-dc/

Read the same article, and it made a lot of sense. But I read another article in the NY Times that made arguments for race as an issue. 50% increase in black population in DC in the early 1960's, Kennedy Admin resorting to the threat of kicking the Skins out of DC Stadium (RFK) unless they integrated. It was a big deal back then that very well could of had an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad