OT: 2014 Redskins Part V (4-11-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty crushing from Tark...wow. I guess nobody with ego has ever done well for themselves. Can't mechanics be corrected with a much heralded QB coach? I mean unless the guy flat out refuses to listen and be coached....

He threw for 20/5 and 3200 yards and 65% passing completion in his rookie year. His mechanics weren't being called out by Tark then were they? More like it was being called great improvisation and incredible athletic talent league-wide.

Even then, I tend to believe Tark on the ego stuff even if he's just kicking a guy who's an easy target right now. Gotta love how he begrudgingly acknowledges a ROY season and a playoff spot for a 1st year QB....a rarity typically.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Haha, yeah. I laughed at that. Seriously, the best he could do with that was say it wasn't bad. Couldn't bring himself to say good.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
the drama has hit TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/06/redskins-players-blasts-rg3-diva-robert-griffin-iii/

Robert Griffin III is a spoiled diva who cares more about branding himself than winning ... so says a Washington Redskins player who tells us he's not the only one in the locker room who feels this way.

The player -- who spoke with us on the condition of anonymity -- says playing with RG3 has been a nightmare this season ... and the locker room has lost faith in the QB.

"No one is happy ... no one gets the hype around him anymore."

As bad as Griffin's play on the field has been this year, our guy tells us it's actually RG3's off-the-field demeanor that ticks off his fellow players the most.

"He's secluded and it affects us in the game. We don't have that real rapport. He's lost confidence and is complacent now."

Gettin ugly. You know it's a sinking ship when the leaks are coming one after another.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ironic that Fran Tarkenton was quite the scrambler, and never really won the big game. He was surrounded by a bunch of studs and had a coach that was smart enough to use him to his strengths, and not square peg round hole him into an offense that was a bad fit for him.

His mind must explode seeing spread, hurry up, and all the other modern day concepts that he has little experience in. Including seeing teams using young QBs out of the gate, making to the playoffs and even to the big bowl.

A rookies QB place is on the bench for 3 years

Something about RG3 not being able to count drop steps reeks. Has anyone ever heard of anything like that before? If true Gruden is overloading the kid.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I cancelled my season tickets this week. Such a letdown. I was expecting my ticket rep to give me a sales pitch and I had all these bullet points thought out. The conversation went like this:

"Hi Mike, I'd like to cancel my season tickets. Please make sure I'm off the list of people to call for renewals."
"(sighs). Alright man, thanks for supporting us. Give me a call if you ever change your mind."

He sounded like he'd had just a few of these cancellations in the past few weeks.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Ironic that Fran Tarkenton was quite the scrambler, and never really won the big game. He was surrounded by a bunch of studs and had a coach that was smart enough to use him to his strengths, and not square peg round hole him into an offense that was a bad fit for him.

His mind must explode seeing spread, hurry up, and all the other modern day concepts that he has little experience in. Including seeing teams using young QBs out of the game, making to the playoffs and even to the big bowl.

A rookies QB place is on the bench for 3 years

Something about RG3 not being able to count drop steps reeks. Has anyone ever heard of anything like that before? If true Gruden is overloading the kid.

Right on about Tarkenton.

Dude's just piling on at this time.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
An in-game meltdown of some kind. 4 more weeks, 4 more chances. It's inevitable.

There's seriously 4 more weeks of this ****? Puke city. These last two years have literally felt like 10 seasons. I can't think of a more disheartening stretch for a DC sports franchise in my lifetime (29 years).

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Not yet. This isn't near bottom yet. I have a sense we still have a ways to go. We will know when ot arrives.

I said "heading to rock bottom", I don't think we are there yet. ;)

But Jason Reid just posted a story suggesting what I would consider rock bottom:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...b622f0-7d67-11e4-9a27-6fdbc612bff8_story.html

Even more clarity, at least for me, as to who is on who's side, and a possible end to this soup opera (not a good one, IMO).

This quote at the end of the story is very sobering:

Griffin, who hasn’t won a game in more than a year, has become a polarizing figure in the organization who might have even less support in the locker room than in the coaches’ offices.

A lot more players than coaches. Time for the Skins to cut their loses. Firing the HC is one thing, but you can't get rid of the majority of your roster in one offseason.

Seems clear, based on past experience, that Allen will find a way to save his ass by siding with keeping Griffin and Snyder will boot Gruden and start over. That will officially put Snyder in the Al Davis-Cryptkeeper era. Unfortunetly Snyder is only 50 years old.

We are ****ed.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
the drama is more entertaining than the football. has been for years

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's true.

In other news, does anybody find Luck overrated? I've been watching him this year and he still has a way to go before I'd say he can be top-tier elite and replace either of Brady or Manning.

His long accuracy is bad, and it amazing how much time he routinely has behind h is O-line. Still throws a lot of interceptions. I think he still has a ways to go, and I really hope he tightens up those deficiencies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It's true.

In other news, does anybody find Luck overrated? I've been watching him this year and he still has a way to go before I'd say he can be top-tier elite and replace either of Brady or Manning.

His long accuracy is bad, and it amazing how much time he routinely has behind h is O-line. Still throws a lot of interceptions. I think he still has a ways to go, and I really hope he tightens up those deficiencies.

Really? He is the real deal, IMO. I'd put him in the OV category at this point. Great talent with a slight flaw to his game, but I think Luck has what it takes to mature his game to compete for championships.

Sep 19, 2008
If Gruden gets fired, no one in their right mind would take this job. Why would you want to deal with the RG3 drama all day? Gruden might as well just resign and take his chances with another organization rather than deal with this crap after this year. And it's a ****ing shame. Because Gruden has done a fairly good job with this team. They come to play. Any deficiencies are not really his fault. The only criticisms are playcalling at times, and the loyalty to Haslett.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Really? He is the real deal, IMO. I'd put him in the OV category at this point. Great talent with a slight flaw to his game, but I think Luck has what it takes to mature his game to compete for championships.

I just feel like a lot of people are acting like he's already met his potential.

I might be getting skewed by a few zealous Colts fans in my FB feed though. If they pump his tires anymore he'll have a blowout.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
If Gruden gets fired, no one in their right mind would take this job. Why would you want to deal with the RG3 drama all day? Gruden might as well just resign and take his chances with another organization rather than deal with this crap after this year. And it's a ****ing shame. Because Gruden has done a fairly good job with this team. They come to play. Any deficiencies are not really his fault. The only criticisms are playcalling at times, and the loyalty to Haslett.

Someone will certainly take the job, but that person being worth a **** as an NFL level HC is slim.

Sep 19, 2008
Given his ego RG3 should just take over as player-coach. He can't fire himself, can he :rolleyes:

Gruden getting fired would mean 2 coaches have tried to coach him and 2 have failed. I don't know what says uncoachable more than that. Why would you want to deal with him when you know you could be fired after a year?

This team is 3-9 because he's bad. This team is 3-9 because of the defense. This team is 3-9 because the OL is bad. But don't put that on Gruden. Because he's out there trying hard, pointing out flaws, at least trying to address some things and spark the offense. And Colt McCoy has been successful as a QB, so he at least fixed that...for now. Criticize Gruden for 1) erratic playcalling (which isn't that much of an issue other than the Colts game, and even then it was fixed)...but largely 2) continuing to be loyal to Haslett, who is a total idiot on defense and has terrible players to work with.

Sep 19, 2008
Luck has done a lot better than RG3 has.

"Luck just studies football, RG3 is busy selling sandwiches"

Also average QB led one of the biggest comebacks against KC in playoff. He's not elite...but he's solid and passable. Plus he has shown no drastic regression. RG3...it's like he just forgot how to play QB because of one injury. Totally inaccurate now.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Luck leads the league in passing yards by almost 300. He leads the league in yds/game. He's 4th in the league in QB rating. 5th in completions, 2nd behind Manning in touchdowns and has just 2 more picks than Peyton.

Sucks? Not elite? What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad