OT: 2014 Redskins Part V (4-11-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
It makes no sense why DC would have so many Dallas fans, it would be like Los Angeles having a bunch of Sharks fans or Philly having a bunch of Penguins fans. It makes ZERO Sense.

And then FedEx is all Cowboy fans today, it's ridiculous this city

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
When you have a 3rd and 11 throw for 11 yards, not 6

You're hoping for run after catch because defenses know where the 1st down marker is, too, and they may sit on it. Gruden's answer sometimes is to run past that and try for 20-30 yard plays, which take too much time if there's a blitz. When Gruden calls a play with no short checkdown it's usually a sack.

Teams that play against the Skins can throw to the chains because the secondary sucks.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It makes no sense why DC would have so many Dallas fans, it would be like Los Angeles having a bunch of Sharks fans or Philly having a bunch of Penguins fans. It makes ZERO Sense.

And then FedEx is all Cowboy fans today, it's ridiculous this city

It was brought up on 980 why so many Crackboy fans in DC. The #1 factor was the fact the Skins were the last team to integrate, which led to a lot of black DC residents to become DAL fans. DAL came into the league in 1960, immediate rivalry because Preston Marshall fought DAL being added because DAL took the Skins position as the southern most NFL team (TV rights), Skins integrated in 1962. Bandwagon fans have something to do with it, but integration played a huge role.

Sep 19, 2008
I don't care about the screens and short passes. Protect the QB, have him drop back, and throw a route over the middle for 11 yards on 3rd and 11. I don't see how this is not possible.

terrible flag. Amerson is really going full idiot mode.

They're making NO effort to stop them. It's a total 180 from the MNF game. This is pathetic.

They have NOT BEEN CHALLENGED THIS GAME. THIS IS STUPID.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It was brought up on 980 why so many Crackboy fans in DC. The #1 factor was the fact the Skins were the last team to integrate, which led to a lot of black DC residents to become DAL fans. DAL came into the league in 1960, immediate rivalry because Preston Marshall fought DAL being added because DAL took the Skins position as the southern most NFL team (TV rights), Skins integrated in 1962. Bandwagon fans have something to do with it, but integration played a huge role.

That's 2 years of fans, over 50 years ago. Dalls has bandwagon fans all over the country. They don't call them America's Team for nothing.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Couple observations from that Griffin roll-out. He started going backward, ie took a wide circle right after the fake hand-off before rolling out. He is slow, like Payton Manning slow. We will see what a healthy offseason brings, but if he continues with this type of mobility it's over. He's done in this league. The routes on that play were awful. I'm not really sure who he was supposed to throw to, probably Jackson going deep. Slow developing routes that looked like they were all decoys. I find it hard to believe that Griffin is incapable of progressing to a second receiver on the roll-out.

Sep 19, 2008
QB can only throw dump offs and bombs.

I don't buy it as RG3 has gone deep to Desean multiple times this year, including once this game. Just unleash DeSean on these guys. Instead the offensive coordinatir
IS

LOL
ONSIDE

DISGRACE

FIRE EVERYONE

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Apparently we have a reputation of being susceptible to the insides kick. Over and over again. Special teams coach and Haslett need to take the same bus out of town.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
That's 2 years of fans, over 50 years ago. Dalls has bandwagon fans all over the country. They don't call them America's Team for nothing.

This just in, integration and the civil rights movement was pretty big in the 60's to black folk. It had a way of fostering deep seeded beliefs in a lot of things for black folk. You say 2 years of fans who had kids, and they had kids, etc... But yeah its all bandwagon fans.

As I said, it was brought up on 980. I never thought of it that way until I heard it on the radio. Its a possible explanation. I'll see if I can find the person interviewed who said it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This just in, integration and the civil rights movement was pretty big in the 60's to black folk. It had a way of fostering deep seeded beliefs in a lot of things for black folk. You say 2 years of fans who had kids, and they had kids, etc... But yeah its all bandwagon fans.

As I said, it was brought up on 980. I never thought of it that way until I heard it on the radio. Its a possible explanation. I'll see if I can find the person interviewed who said it.

This doesn't explain all the white Cowboys fans.

Sep 19, 2008
Just horse collar and late hit everyone.

After how well they played against Philly last week this is totally different. They have NO DISCIPLINE.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

It's an utterly implausible explanation compared to the observed, massive bandwagonism for the Cowboys all over the country for people of all colors since the 70s.

Sep 19, 2008
It should be noted that Dallas, in 4 December games, has blown out every single one of their opponents

Not last year's team

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It's an utterly implausible explanation compared to the observed, massive bandwagonism for the Cowboys all over the country for people of all colors since the 70s.

But I thought we were talking about DC?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It should be noted that Dallas, in 4 December games, has blown out every single one of their opponents

Not last year's team

What does that have to do with terrible (and predictable) play calling, a laughably bad defensive game plan, not being ready for ANOTHER onsides kick, etc? This coaching staff is comically bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad