OT: 2014 Redskins Part V (4-11-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Read the same article, and it made a lot of sense. But I read another article in the NY Times that made arguments for race as an issue. 50% increase in black population in DC in the early 1960's, Kennedy Admin resorting to the threat of kicking the Skins out of DC Stadium (RFK) unless they integrated. It was a big deal back then that very well could of had an impact.

But as I and the CP article pointed out, the numbers really don't add up.

Unfortunately, the dates on this theory don’t quite add up: The Cowboys only began NFL play in 1960, one year before Washington’s integration—and well before the rivalry’s 1970s-era birth. Moreover, nearly two-thirds of D.C.-area black residents said before the 2011 season that they had a favorable opinion of the Redskins; longtime black residents support the team in even greater numbers.

It's a theory only, and not a well-supported one.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Why not call TO and put Jackson back there? Oh yes, I know. We have an idiot coaching staff.

Sep 19, 2008
RG3 is actually playing pretty well and giving me hope for 2015. Today, it's either been cowardly playcalling which has prevented RG3 from throwing past the marker on 3rd down...or receivers dropping passes like Helu did on 3rd down.

It shows that he still has potential in this league and I'm fully confident about him next year.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
RG3 is actually playing pretty well and giving me hope for 2015. Today, it's either been cowardly playcalling which has prevented RG3 from throwing past the marker on 3rd down...or receivers dropping passes like Helu did on 3rd down.

It shows that he still has potential in this league and I'm fully confident about him next year.

Those plays are called to maximize effectiveness...

I doubt Gruden, who comes from a passing offense, enjoys calling them.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
But as I and the CP article pointed out, the numbers really don't add up.

It's a theory only, and not a well-supported one.

Found this interesting tidbit:

“I am going to ask Pastor Solomon to conduct a healing service as soon as he possibly can here in Redskins territory,†Brown said. “That’s amazing. You know, I say that because Jerry Jones is a friend of mine, and he has talked about how the Washington D.C. area has more Cowboy fans per capita than any other city in the country. That’s a shame, as far as I’m concerned.â€

sportsbog post about James Brown giving a guest sermon at a local church. He asked why so many Cowboy fans in the area.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/07/31/james-brown-on-cowboys-fans-in-d-c/

Sep 19, 2008
Those plays are called to maximize effectiveness...

I doubt Gruden, who comes from a passing offense, enjoys calling them.

I was always taught to throw past the marker on 3rd down...so again seeing them throw for 11 yards when you need 15 on 3rd and long...then we wonder why this team is amongst the worst in converting in that situation.

Sep 19, 2008
This offense has so much potential, they moved the ball well today although the points total don't show it. You have another year of Gruden + RG3, good things happen. When you watch these games you're seeing that the offense and RG3's form is slowly starting to improve.

Sep 19, 2008
My default setting is always positive and based on that game so far (pre pick) everything looked good so that really hurt

If they get 7 there it's 27-17, then 27-24 potentially and then who knows what happens

I just wish we weren't so bad in the Red Zone because this team, no matter who the QB is, has had atrocious red zone playcalling. Some of the worst red zone efficiency, playcalling, and execution in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad