• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
LOLOL

That toronto dude is trying to claim Nylander as a center, being better defensively, and more productive than larkin

this is almost as brutal as when he said Nylander is better than Pettersson

Last edited:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I did. Shestyorkin had the best SV% in the NHL this season. It’s a theme. He wasn’t carried by anyone.
no he didn't, and you just said you didn't want to vote on NHL accomplishments. The reality is Pastrnak has played 390 games since the draft and has contributed much, much more than Shesterkin has so far and so have plenty of other players

Reactions: mynamejeff420

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
"Potential" elite goalie. Again, you're basing it on your own hopes and prayers, not basing it on anything actually achieved in the NHL to this point.

Meanwhile, no one has to hope or dream to know what Pastrnak has done. There's no homerism needed in order to project what he can do.

No, again, you appear to be yet another that only regards certain performances. This is not about potential. This is about results. Shestyorkin had the best SV% in the NHL this year. He had the best in the AHL. I think he’s #2 all time in the KHL for his career and his last season he had the second best single season ever in this category. Missed the record by a few shots.

If you don’t like my answer, that’s not my problem. I explained my reasoning. It’s based on current ability. If you only choose to regard play from your favorite leagues, that’s not my problem.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
No, again, you appear to be yet another that only regards certain performances. This is not about potential. This is about results. Shestyorkin had the best SV% in the NHL this year. He had the best in the AHL. I think he’s #2 all time in the KHL for his career and his last season he had the second best single season ever in this category. Missed the record by a few shots.

If you don’t like my answer, that’s not my problem. I explained my reasoning. It’s based on current ability. If you only choose to regard play from your favorite leagues, that’s not my problem.

You're right. I'm the one out to lunch because NHL performance impresses me more than KHL performance does.

Reactions: mynamejeff420

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
no he didn't, and you just said you didn't want to vote on NHL accomplishments. The reality is Pastrnak has played 390 games since the draft and has contributed much, much more than Shesterkin has so far and so have plenty of other players

My mistake, he was second. That ruins my whole argument.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
LOLOL

That toronto dude is trying to claim Nylander as a center, being better defensively, and more productive than larkin

this is almost as brutal as when he said Nylander and Pettersson are close.

What's hilarious is the one year Nylander got significant time as a center, he produced at half a point per game.

Somehow his lunacy has already been one-upped by the guy who thinks a goalie with 12 NHL games should go over David f***ing Pastrnak in a re-draft.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Is this not which player you would prefer to have on your team? I don’t need to vote on NHL accomplishments because it’s your favorite league.

I’ll take the elite goalie over the winger that’s the third best player on his own line.

Lol come on man.

Pastrnak has almost as many career hatricks as Shesterkin has games played. We're 6 years removed from that draft now, time to start using some actual NHL production in this redraft. Pasta just won the rocket for gods sake

Reactions: Crabapple

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Save it. This guy is up there with McFlash with his levels of homerism for his players. Except he didn't even wait until his player was an NHL regular

I'm so offended by your personal attack, but you are also wrong. He's a regular NHL'er.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lol come on man.

Pastrnak has almost as many career hatricks as Shesterkin has games played. We're 6 years removed from that draft now, time to start using some actual NHL production in this redraft. Pasta just won the rocket for gods sake

Thats only true of your favorite league.

Not everyone plays in the NHL right away. Some have contracts in leagues that don't bow down to the NHL, and don't release their players at the first desire of an NHL team.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Not everyone plays in the NHL right away. Some have contracts in leagues that don't bow down to the NHL, and don't release their players at the first desire of an NHL team.

The bolded has to be one of the strangest arguments I've seen on here, and that says a lot considering some of the strange arguments I've seen on here.

"Your favorite league" being the NHL. You know, the top league in the entire world. Apparently performing at an elite level in the KHL is more impressive than performing at an elite level in the NHL.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Man there's been some God awful takes on this website but picking a goalie who's played only 12 games over someone who just won the rocket and is a top 3 goal scorer in hockey might top the list. What in the hell lmao

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Lol "my favourite league" also happens to be the best league in the world and the one we're talking about doing a redraft in.

Youre right not everyone plays in the NHL right away, but the odds of Sherterkin passing a guy who at 24 already has multiple dominant seasons, is a top 3 goal scorer in the league and has already won major individual hardware are pretty damn low. Are you going to rate Vasilevsky as a better player overall than Pasta right now? Highly doubtful, but you would take potential over that? Seems far fetched

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Am I missing some sort of inside joke here? Kirkland? Justin Kirkland? The guy has never played a single game, why is he here?
:huh::huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad