Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Interesting votes.
I totally get picking Point (I don't agree, but I get it), but voting for Kirkland is bold. :skeptic::sarcasm:

This should definitely end with Draisaitl and Pastrnak (two of the most commonly misspelled players on this board) in the top 3.
I think for a draft that at the time was said to be very light on top end talent, the players have done pretty well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We got at least 10 players before he's even considered. Calm down.

Thats not how I see it. Why are Demko and Merzlikins listed instead of Shestyorkin? Does anyone believe they are better goalies? Plenty of second, third, fourth, late rounders are listed. I don't even know who Kirkland is. Why not Shestyorkin? I think he's a big omission. Thats why I say add him. I'll certainly consider him for a top five spot.

After Draisaitl and Point, I'm considering him then.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Thats not how I see it. Why are Demko and Merzlikins listed instead of Shestyorkin? Does anyone believe they are better goalies? Plenty of second, third, fourth, late rounders are listed. I don't even know who Kirkland is. Why not Shestyorkin? I think he's a big omission. Thats why I say add him. I'll certainly consider him for a top five spot.

giphy.gif

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
He has the best SV% in every league he plays in. It's your issue if you don't know enough about the player.

Also, Goalie>Winger.
Shesterkin is a talented goaltender with great reflexes and insticts and move quickly overall. He obviously has the potential to be a great goalie. With that being said, goalies are quite volatile in their performance from season to season and typically their prime are shorter than forwards. I am quite skeptical that Shesterkin is better than one of the best goal scorer in the league currently and will match his value career wise moving forward.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Draisaitl, then Point then Pastrnak, Then Larkin then one of Ehlers/Nylander then Ekblad, then Fiala/Vrana/Arvidsson then Shestyorkin

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Pasta vs Point will be a tough one.

I still think Pasta, but it's closer than it's ever been.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Justin Kirkland* is listed for the Preds lol. Idk how this list was picked but there's ways to make space for Shestyorkin

On topic:
Drai - Pasta - Point is the top 3 for me. Yes Point won a Cup before the other 2 but that's not indicative of a better player.

*let's unit hfboard to vote him 2nd though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Shesterkin is a talented goaltender with great reflexes and insticts and move quickly overall. He obviously has the potential to be a great goalie. With that being said, goalies are quite volatile in their performance from season to season and typically their prime are shorter than forwards. I am quite skeptical that Shesterkin is better than one of the best goal scorer in the league currently and will match his value career wise moving forward.

The best goaltenders are not that volatile. There’s one prominent goaltender who is probably the most volatile player in the league, and this is used to help this lazy talking point. Vasilevskiy is not volatile, Rask is not volatile, Gibson is not volatile, Lundqvist was not volatile when he was good, neither was Price.

It’s lazy to group all goalies together. The best really aren’t very volatile. The position generally has more volatility than skaters due to the nature of the position, but that becomes largely irrelevant when we are talking about top caliber goalies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

even if you are biased enough to consider him 3rd going forward, there is literally zero case to pick him 3rd in a redraft because that includes career to date performance

Reactions: mynamejeff420

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You put him ahead of a guy who literally just won the Rocket this year and finished among the top scorers in hockey.

Your "case" is a wish and a prayer based on what you think he'll become.

Is this not which player you would prefer to have on your team? I don’t need to vote on NHL accomplishments because it’s your favorite league.

I’ll take the elite goalie over the winger that’s the third best player on his own line.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Is this not which player you would prefer to have on your team? I don’t need to vote on NHL accomplishments because it’s your favorite league.

I’ll take the elite goalie over the winger that’s the third best player on his own line.
not wanting to take NHL performance into account for an NHL re-draft is a very bold choice

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

"Potential" elite goalie. Again, you're basing it on your own hopes and prayers, not basing it on anything actually achieved in the NHL to this point.

Meanwhile, no one has to hope or dream to know what Pastrnak has done. There's no homerism needed in order to project what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad