GDT: 2014 Out of Town Playoffs V - This is the end.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Really? I would say the opposite...I dont think it was as lopsided as it seemed. 4 OT's, Kings didnt hold the lead for a second until game 3.

Game 3 was really the only game that wasnt tight

It felt like as soon as the Kings decided it was time to impose their will, they couldn't be stopped. They had a couple of dominating 3rd periods, and of course a bunch of comebacks. It seems like the Rangers got out to early leads and then got completely outplayed once it mattered most. Even the game they did win, they tried their hardest to lose. It took Lundqvist standing on his head, again, and two pucks dying on the goal line.

Of course, I'm biased against the Rangers, but I really thought they looked mismatched (except for Lundqvist).

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
It felt like as soon as the Kings decided it was time to impose their will, they couldn't be stopped. They had a couple of dominating 3rd periods, and of course a bunch of comebacks. It seems like the Rangers got out to early leads and then got completely outplayed once it mattered most. Even the game they did win, they tried their hardest to lose. It took Lundqvist standing on his head, again, and two pucks dying on the goal line.

Of course, I'm biased against the Rangers, but I really thought they looked mismatched (except for Lundqvist).

Rangers are junk, the Kings where not much better. Kings easily could have lost 4 games to 1.

I will still say the Bruins are better than both those teams. The Rangers by a wide margin.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Rangers are junk, the Kings where not much better. Kings easily could have lost 4 games to 1.

I will still say the Bruins are better than both those teams. The Rangers by a wide margin.

Agree on the Rangers, disagree on the Kings.

I do think the Bruins would have crushed the Rangers again, and I think the series would still be going if they played the Kings.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
It felt like as soon as the Kings decided it was time to impose their will, they couldn't be stopped. They had a couple of dominating 3rd periods, and of course a bunch of comebacks. It seems like the Rangers got out to early leads and then got completely outplayed once it mattered most.

Except that they were arguably better in the OTs of games 1 and 2. They let up in the third, let them tie it, and then when they played good again, they lost to fluky bounces (that were part of the Kings imposing their will because they drove the net and forced Rangers D to deflect pucks into their own net). Same could be said for last night, though it took until the 2nd OT before Rangers woke up again. Kreider had two breakaways in OT games, he gets both those behind Quick, Rangers have a chance to end it at home 2 days from now.

It was much closer than 4-1 suggests.

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.

If so let's see them prove it on the ice. Both those teams showed more heart, will and focus than the Bs did this postseason, by a wide margin.

member 96824

I fail to see an area that the Kings aren't at least equal to the Bruins in, if not better.

Thats a damn good team theyve got

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I fail to see an area that the Kings aren't at least equal to the Bruins in, if not better.

Thats a damn good team theyve got

Exactly. You don't win a cup twice in that short a span without being really good. The Kings are a damn good team, and I think they'd have beaten the Bruins if they had faced each other in the finals this year.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Exactly. You don't win a cup twice in that short a span without being really good. The Kings are a damn good team, and I think they'd have beaten the Bruins if they had faced each other in the finals this year.

might be right, although hard to imagine the B`s giving up the leads the Rags did

Also easy to forget just how long it took Lombardi to finally build what he has in LA

Think he missed the playoffs his first 3 years, took a few Quarterfinal losses the next two, then the real successes have come, great drafting and an absolute stud quarterback on D, with a great goalie

He`s built a nice team there, he and Chia I believe hired the same year? Both have gotten it done, different ways but...

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
might be right, although hard to imagine the B`s giving up the leads the Rags did

Also easy to forget just how long it took Lombardi to finally build what he has in LA

Think he missed the playoffs his first 3 years, took a few Quarterfinal losses the next two, then the real successes have come, great drafting and an absolute stud quarterback on D, with a great goalie

He`s built a nice team there, he and Chia I believe hired the same year? Both have gotten it done, different ways but...

They may not have given away leads like the Rangers did, but I don't feel overly confident that they could have built up a lead to start with. After seeing them play so often from behind against MTL, I don't believe their offense would have generated enough goals vs LA to keep the series close.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The top 3-4 teams are so close it becomes about match ups . Bruin miss the scabs they win the cup. I will stand by my opinion , The Bruins are better than both the cup final teams.

Rangers where a joke, That defense was embarrassing to watch.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The top 3-4 teams are so close it becomes about match ups . Bruin miss the scabs they win the cup. I will stand by my opinion , The Bruins are better than both the cup final teams.

Rangers where a joke, That defense was embarrassing to watch.

I don't know man, LA was just ridiculous. At times they basically scored at will. I don't think Boston would've matched their scoring.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They may not have given away leads like the Rangers did, but I don't feel overly confident that they could have built up a lead to start with. After seeing them play so often from behind against MTL, I don't believe their offense would have generated enough goals vs LA to keep the series close.

I`m of the belief that a team who plays the heavy game like the Kings would have been just what the Doctor ordered for the B`s. Habs lull ya into a frustrating game which this team has, for the decades I`ve been watching, too often fallen for

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I`m of the belief that a team who plays the heavy game like the Kings would have been just what the Doctor ordered for the B`s. Habs lull ya into a frustrating game which this team has, for the decades I`ve been watching, too often fallen for

I would love for the Divers (habs) to become tough and turn into a blow for blow team that fills their roster like it was in the 80s.

This Bruins group is the toughest team in the league, when they get pissed its over for whom ever they are playing including the Kings.

Hopefully Looch threatening the lives of half their team will have them go out in bring in some tough guys that can play.

That first game against them is going to be a train wreck.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I would love for the Divers (habs) to become tough and turn into a blow for blow team that fills their roster like it was in the 80s.

This Bruins group is the toughest team in the league, when they get pissed its over for whom ever they are playing including the Kings.

Hopefully Looch threatening the lives of half their team will have them go out in bring in some tough guys that can play.

To me that's the way you do it.
You have to ignore the b.s. in the playoffs. Just concentrate on winning and winning smart.

But take a number and then have a gong show come October/November.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Why would they change their roster and approach to the Bruins, when what they've done already is a matchup nightmare for Boston? There's zero reason for the Canadiens to do anything other than more of the same. Anything else plays into Boston's hands and helps the Bruins. They don't need to do anything, in fact, Boston is the team that needs to make some changes and tweaks to be more competitive vs MTL. Montreal doesn't have to do Richard. The reason the Bruins lost that series is because Montreal outplayed them, and dictated the style of play all series long. Boston had no answer. So again, why would Montreal do anything? I just don't see it.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Why would they change their roster and approach to the Bruins, when what they've done already is a matchup nightmare for Boston? There's zero reason for the Canadiens to do anything other than more of the same. Anything else plays into Boston's hands and helps the Bruins. They don't need to do anything, in fact, Boston is the team that needs to make some changes and tweaks to be more competitive vs MTL. Montreal doesn't have to do Richard. The reason the Bruins lost that series is because Montreal outplayed them, and dictated the style of play all series long. Boston had no answer. So again, why would Montreal do anything? I just don't see it.

I personally felt that they tried to adapt to a more physical game already (over the past couple of years, similar to the direction that Buf and Tor went).

They've added some grit and size, as well as a few pugilist plugs, yet they've kept their focus on speed too. Seems like they have a decent hybrid structure where they can hold their own against the likes of the Bruins (as proven recently) without sacrificing other strengths. The only problem is that they're vulnerable against many other teams such as New York.

I still feel that we're a much better team, but there's no question that they have our number, and I must agree that they have no reason to bulk up any further.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad