GDT: 2014 Out of Town Playoffs V - This is the end.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
He's a UFA, right? Would you back the truck up for him now? With his injury history?

Not going to deny he'd fit. But you'd have to ban banana peels from the locker room. Pray he's healthy when the playoffs roll around, and after laying some big money on him.

I would pass for the reasons you just mentioned.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Girardi has to be really injured because he's really not that bad of a player. I feel really bad for he, Hank and McDonough.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Nah. Bruins lost because our big players didn't play big. Having one different player wouldn't change anything. People need to stop with the 20/20 soothsaying.

Having speed on DK's line could have made a big difference. Difference between DK having gaps, or playing in a phone booth.

But, going in they were already among the best teams in the league. So, you can argue it didn't appear they needed Gabby.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Today (still the 13th in LA) is Ace Bailey's birthday. Very special day in so many ways.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Really impressed with Ryan McDonough this playoffs. Wouldn't he look great in black and gold.

I'd rather have the right wing version of Hagelin. That's what we need. Low cap hit, high speed. Doughty would be nice, too. However, he tries to pull some of the same rushes at the end of shifts when he's gassed, that are already risky at the beginning of a shift. Doesn't have an off switch sometimes. Penalty prone, too. Still, hell of a player.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Kind of fun to see "The Black Aces" hold the Cup for about a second or 2 each...former Bruin Andrew Bodnarchuk among them.

In 2011 I remember guys like Khudobin, Whitfield, Hnidy getting that chance.

member 96824

Couldn't be happier for the kings unless they had B's on their jerseys.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Kinda pullin' for the Rangers. Haven't won a Cup since the Leach-Richter-Messier years. Kings just won two years ago,though they looked the better team, beating NY to the puck and controlling the play.

NY fans should be proud of their team.

member 96824

I feel really bad for Lundqvist. Couldn't really care less about the rest of them.

I don't think this series was as close as it seemed.

Really? I would say the opposite...I dont think it was as lopsided as it seemed. 4 OT's, Kings didnt hold the lead for a second until game 3.

Game 3 was really the only game that wasnt tight

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
rick nash is so terrible but they cant buy him out because of brad richards.

also doughty played like 600 minutes last night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad