OT: 2014 Olympic Hockey: (Spoilers within)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Kinda disappointed in this board. I've wanted both Canada and USA to succeed from the start. I'd be happy if USA won gold as well. Just to prove that North Americans can excel on the big ice and redeem themselves from Nagano and Turin debacles.

It would have been a free pass to the gold medal game if Latvia had won. Of course we are going to root for that.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Canada ruined the miracle

But Friday is going to be amazing. Canada-US and Finland-Sweden. The best international hockey rivalries.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Kinda disappointed in this board. I've wanted both Canada and USA to succeed from the start. I'd be happy if USA won gold as well. Just to prove that North Americans can excel on the big ice and redeem themselves from Nagano and Turin debacles.

Shouldn't be surprising, though. Why would anybody but the fans of said team/country root for the tournament favorites unless they're matched up against someone that you despise? Latvia would've been the mother of all Cinderella runs, too.

Could bet anything that most Canadians would been stoked if the Czechs kept it close to the USA, after all.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
This sets up an outstanding game. Canada vs.USA to play for the gold.

I don't look at the Olympics like I do the Hawks in the NHL. A Canada loss is not like a Hawks playoff or SCF series. The Hawks are our team we bleed red, white and black for. The Olympics are a two week tournament of players that rarely ever play together.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
This sets up an outstanding game. Canada vs.USA to play for the gold.

I don't look at the Olympics like I do the Hawks in the NHL. A Canada loss is not like a Hawks playoff or SCF series. The Hawks are our team we bleed red, white and black for. The Olympics are a two week tournament of players that rarely ever play together.

I agree that the Hawks are way more important. That said - this tournament is about countries, not the Hawks. If Toews or Sharp had a bad giveaway that cost them the game, I would have been happy. And I would have been happy only because it enhanced the USA's chances to win the gold.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Shouldn't be surprising, though. Why would anybody but the fans of said team/country root for the tournament favorites unless they're matched up against someone that you despise? Latvia would've been the mother of all Cinderella runs, after all.

Could bet anything that most Canadians would been stoked if the Czechs kept it close to the USA, after all.

Not me. Wanna see North Americans win gold all the way. I'm cool either one. In 2010 I was pulling hard for Canada cuz Hawks had'nt won anything yet,so I thought if Keith, Toews and Seabs won a gold medal at least I would have something to get behind and possibly get the Hawks to a higher level later on.

CertainAffinity*

Toews has been one of Canada's players, but my god has Keith looked bad at times.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Of course it is. Can't say I have seen anyone say they aren't. They have been beatable ever since they had an ice hockey team in the Olympics.

Canada wins bronze or worse and it would be a national disgrace on the same level as Russia getting eliminated today. U.S. loses, nobody gives a ****, they made it as far as anyone could have expected.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Canada wins bronze or worse and it would be a national disgrace on the same level as Russia getting eliminated today. U.S. loses, nobody gives a ****, they made it as far as anyone could have expected.
I disagree, there would be a lot of upset Americans if they don't get to the gold medal game. A lot of people expected them to win gold or silver.

You seem a bit edgy lately.

Should be a great two games on Friday.

Hmm, I'm not that edgy, just tired of seeing Kurtosis acting like everyone in Canada is stating it as a fact that Canada will get gold every time. I haven't seen 1 Canadian say "gold is ours!!" or anything even close to it.

And I agree, will be 2 great games, wish I could watch them.

Nothingman*

I disagree, there would be a lot of upset Americans if they don't get to the gold medal game. A lot of people expected them to win gold or silver.

Hmm, I'm not that edgy, just tired of seeing Kurtosis acting like everyone in Canada is stating it as a fact that Canada will get gold every time. I haven't seen 1 Canadian say "gold is ours!!" or anything even close to it.

And I agree, will be 2 great games, wish I could watch them.

You must not visit the main board. That opinion is rampant their.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad