2014 OHL Priority Selection Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It will be built around Benson and Day the same way it was built around McDavid and Barzal last year, I would imagine.

Ya Id say so.

Can u Imagine the U17 for next year? Werenski, Greenway, Kirwan, Bracco, Henley vs Mcdavid, Konency, Strome, Day, Spencer. Cant wait to see this.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
And maybe Getson or Balmas. Both guys from the maritimes who seem to elicit raves.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
By the way, the dates of the All-Canadians camp were announced yesterday:
Exciting news, All-Canadians! The official dates for the 2013 Allstate All-Canadians National Mentorship Camp are set. We'll be hosting an elite group of Canada's best Bantam-aged players for our third annual camp from August 6th to August 10th of 2013 at the Hershey Centre in Missisauga, ON.

Stay tuned for more information on who our NHL player coaches will be this year, which Canadian players have been selected to participate in the camp, and how you can get tickets to the Allstate All-Canadians Mentorship Cup in the upcoming weeks.
http://www.allcanadians.com/fun/all-canadians-2013-national-camp-dates-announced

On Twitter they said the rosters would be announced in May.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The fact your mentioning Spencer with that group is awesome :D

U will see at mini-camp very early in the process this kids abilities. His size and incredible skating will jump at u immediately. He has everything u want in a Dman. He is by FAR the best defenseman from Ontario this year. Plus he has OHL shot and size. In my eyes he appears to be a top 10, top 5 NHL draft pick. He has all the tools. I believe he is more complete than Sean Day right this second and will adjust to the OHL quicker. Sean Day is the better skater and might have more upside after his decision making improves with good solid coaching.

Just for the record his team-mate Brett Mackenzie might be the steal of the draft at #10 to North Bay. He deserved to go 5 or 6. I wouldnt take one player from picks #6, #7, #8, #9 instead of him.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
U will see at mini-camp very early in the process this kids abilities. His size and incredible skating will jump at u immediately. He has everything u want in a Dman. He is by FAR the best defenseman from Ontario this year. Plus he has OHL shot and size. In my eyes he appears to be a top 10, top 5 NHL draft pick. He has all the tools. I believe he is more complete than Sean Day right this second and will adjust to the OHL quicker. Sean Day is the better skater and might have more upside after his decision making improves with good solid coaching.

Just for the record his team-mate Brett Mackenzie might be the steal of the draft at #10 to North Bay. He deserved to go 5 or 6. I wouldnt take one player from picks #6, #7, #8, #9 instead of him.

Right on, I like the sounds of Spencer alot. Lets hope he plays more then 2 seasons! ;)

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009

I think Day and Spencer are similar, but Day has better wheels and more of a mean streak then Spencer, and that might be the major difference between the 2.

With Mackenzie, I had him going ahead of Crouse. I have always loved Crouse, but he doesnt have the playmaking ability like Mackenzie. North Bay definitely stole the show, and I hope that Stan Butler plays him properly.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I think Day and Spencer are similar, but Day has better wheels and more of a mean streak then Spencer, and that might be the major difference between the 2.

With Mackenzie, I had him going ahead of Crouse. I have always loved Crouse, but he doesnt have the playmaking ability like Mackenzie. North Bay definitely stole the show, and I hope that Stan Butler plays him properly.

North Bay's first 3 picks were gold. Mackenzie, Baird and Bruce. I also think Mackenzie should have been selected before Crouse. Based mostly on consistency and work ethic. Riley Bruce to me might be the steal of the draft. I cant believe how well he skates for a player 6-6. Bruce has so much potential. I know your a Sudbury fan, Ill be honest it didnt make sense selecting Capobianco that early. I can see him being a lock for the team given his high selection, I cant imagine him not struggling in Year 1. Not with the puck on his stick, the other parts, like winning battles and dealing with aggressive forecheckers. Gaining 15 pounds in the summer is important for him. That will improve his overall defensive game.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
North Bay's first 3 picks were gold. Mackenzie, Baird and Bruce. I also think Mackenzie should have been selected before Crouse. Based mostly on consistency and work ethic. Riley Bruce to me might be the steal of the draft. I cant believe how well he skates for a player 6-6. Bruce has so much potential. I know your a Sudbury fan, Ill be honest it didnt make sense selecting Capobianco that early. I can see him being a lock for the team given his high selection, I cant imagine him not struggling in Year 1. Not with the puck on his stick, the other parts, like winning battles and dealing with aggressive forecheckers. Gaining 15 pounds in the summer is important for him. That will improve his overall defensive game.
Sudbury should have taken the best player available which was Mitch Stephens. Cappy is far too weak to play as a 16 yr old. He is a very smart and talented player but could get thrown around like a rag doll.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
Sudbury should have taken the best player available which was Mitch Stephens. Cappy is far too weak to play as a 16 yr old. He is a very smart and talented player but could get thrown around like a rag doll.

I agree that Sudbury should have taken BPA, but Stephens wasnt the player for Sudbury. I would have taken Mackenzie or Speers.

Capobianco will not do well next year, because they have a weak defence right now, and unless they trade for veterans, Capobianco will get exposed and run over.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009

I agree with their top 3 picks as being golden. They are Butler type players and I think that Mackenzie will strive.

Sudbury dropped the ball by picking Capobianco 7th overall,as the kid will get exposed , with no support around him.

I know Tiger will not like to read this, but we all know why kids like Capobianco and McCool went 6th and 7th. I still believe that Capobianco was picked because he will be moved, and is part of a bigger plan.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
McLeod Marlies
Sicoly Marlies
Candella JRC
Felhaber OVT
Bitten 67s
Smith Marlies
Harris Marlies
Mete JRC
Hancock JRC
Sherman JRC
Mizzi Marlies
Vivash 67s
Irvine Rebels
Barnes Barrie
Hanley Whitby
Varga YSE
Mainella Sun County
Sageion Hamilton
Pace Hamilton
Dunn COW
Pu Marlies
Wong Marlies
Raddysh Marlies
Prestia STA
D Agostino NNS
Sternschien LI Gulls
Kelaiditis Rebels
Guy Ottawa
Tonge Kingston
Paquette Kingston
Raaymakers Chatham
Lafrenier YSE
Pearce barrie
MacMillan Nickel City
Grandbois Nickel City
McKeeby Honeybaked
Lalonde Honeybaked
Pastujov Honeybaked
Adams LC
Knierim Mission
Sanchez CYA
Caprio Mission
Lewandowski Honeybaked
Jones Compuware
Howdeshell Compuware
Mahalak Compuware
Yochkim STA
McCorston STA
Falivena STA
Langdon STA
Hawkins HP Lakers
Melady HP Lakers
Coffey Marlies
Nash HP Lakers
Thomas Quinte
All solid guys from what Ive seen over the years. Missing a bunch I'm sure. All of these guys will be drafted I'd assume.

Racer14

Always Watching
May 16, 2011
Barrie cut Pearce, not sure where he ended up. Heard he wanted to try forward this year.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

If Stephens was the OHL cup version all year, than Top 5 Id say, that player is electric, explosive and so dangerous. Phil Kessel ish with an edge. I think the Saginaw mutual interest was there, well before the OHL cup.

But I watched the Marlboros quite a bit and saw another version of Stephens at times. He seemed bored/un-interested. Im not sure if he will feel that way at times in the OHL as inconsistency is still there for NHL players. But consistency was something that was not always there, like alot of 15 yr olds.

Stephens will be in the NHL on day. He has borderline NHL speed right now. His explosive starts are at a pro level. He was viscious at the OHL cup on the counter attack accelerating away from Matt Spencer when he wanted too and hitting guys hard. He can cause a bit of panic in the defenseman, get them looking over there shoulder for him.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
If Stephens was the OHL cup version all year, than Top 5 Id say, that player is electric, explosive and so dangerous. Phil Kessel ish with an edge. I think the Saginaw mutual interest was there, well before the OHL cup.

But I watched the Marlboros quite a bit and saw another version of Stephens at times. He seemed bored/un-interested. Im not sure if he will feel that way at times in the OHL as inconsistency is still there for NHL players. But consistency was something that was not always there, like alot of 15 yr olds.

Stephens will be in the NHL on day. He has borderline NHL speed right now. His explosive starts are at a pro level. He was viscious at the OHL cup on the counter attack accelerating away from Matt Spencer when he wanted too and hitting guys hard. He can cause a bit of panic in the defenseman, get them looking over there shoulder for him.
ML979, you know how good he can be, that's why I said he was the best player available. I believe he will be a better player in the OHL than he showed this year on the dysfunctional TM team. You remember how good he was playing up with the 96 team last year.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Whose gonna be the fourth exceptional status guy in a row?

If anyone, I would reckon it would Sean Dhooghe "Howser M.D." from the Chicago Mission. Tremendous player. I doubt it will happen due to his current size, and I have no idea if he plans on playing up a year next season.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
McLeod Marlies
Sicoly Marlies
Candella JRC
Felhaber OVT
Bitten 67s
Smith Marlies
Harris Marlies
Mete JRC
Hancock JRC
Sherman JRC
Mizzi Marlies
Vivash 67s
Irvine Rebels
Barnes Barrie
Hanley Whitby
Varga YSE
Mainella Sun County
Sageion Hamilton
Pace Hamilton
Dunn COW
Pu Marlies
Wong Marlies
Raddysh Marlies
Prestia STA
D Agostino NNS
Sternschien LI Gulls
Kelaiditis Rebels
Guy Ottawa
Tonge Kingston
Paquette Kingston
Raaymakers Chatham
Lafrenier YSE
Pearce barrie
MacMillan Nickel City
Grandbois Nickel City
McKeeby Honeybaked
Lalonde Honeybaked
Pastujov Honeybaked
Adams LC
Knierim Mission
Sanchez CYA
Caprio Mission
Lewandowski Honeybaked
Jones Compuware
Howdeshell Compuware
Mahalak Compuware
Yochkim STA
McCorston STA
Falivena STA
Langdon STA
Hawkins HP Lakers
Melady HP Lakers
Coffey Marlies
Nash HP Lakers
Thomas Quinte
All solid guys from what Ive seen over the years. Missing a bunch I'm sure. All of these guys will be drafted I'd assume.

G. Smith on the senators will be a top 10 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad