Speculation: 2014 Offseason - Roster Building / Trade Speculation Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
I haven't missed a second of any game...I am not his biggest fan but have come to like him...He plays the same game reg season as playoffs and cant score in any scenario I do give him full marks for his defensive game and PK ability but to say he turns it up would be scoring more than 2 goals during the run

Boyle pretty evidently turns it up in the post season. If you disagree, you're just not watching enough games during the regular season and playoffs to make the comparison.

SupersonicMonkey*

Again, the difference is going to be a few extra hundred thousand and a couple of extra years.

4 x 4 Rangers "offer".

4.5 x 6 could get it done.

What is the 500K getting you? Are the extra 2 years that much of an issue?

SupersonicMonkey*

So he's gonna take 500K more per year?? Whatever let him go. Guys need to want to be here

How is it him being greedy and not the Rangers being stupid?

500K isn't even league minimum. Give him the extra 500K.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Again, the difference is going to be a few extra hundred thousand and a couple of extra years.

4 x 4 Rangers "offer".

4.5 x 6 could get it done.

What is the 500K getting you? Are the extra 2 years that much of an issue?

Can we turn it around and say is 500K that much less?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Tyler Seguin - Loui Eriksson - terrible comparison IMO, and here's why. At the time of the deal, Eriksson was a very coveted player. You're acting like it was a rip off. Seguin was coming off a playoff where he struggled, he had fallen out of favor in Boston, he was blocked by Bergeron and Krejci. Eriksson fit that team like a glove, on paper. A 2-way scoring winger, not old. Erikson was 27 and coming off 3 consecutive years of 70 points playing top, top, top defense. Seguin had not yet emerged.

Trading Stepan for Spezza would more likely be us getting Eriksson and Ottawa getting Seguin. Even though, in hindsight, that trade seems to favor Dallas, Boston got Smith in that deal, and Eriksson looked to be a perfect fit.

Eriksson also suffered two concussions this season, one in October and another in December. He never really got a chance to gel with his teammates while at full health. It remains to be seen if he will ever be the same player again.

It's a terrible comparison, because beyond all the reasons you just mentioned, other circumstances prevents Eriksson from showing why he was worth Seguin.

SupersonicMonkey*

That is an 11 million dollar difference

An 11 million difference over 6 years in salary. Which is what he meant by "security for family".

Its a 500K difference in cap space.

What are you doing with the 500K.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
...and whats with everyone saying Boyle turns it up a notch in the playoffs? How many goals did he score 2 in post season? Where's he turning it up exactly?He plays the same great PK and very solid defensively whether its in season or PO's...I have grown to accept him even with his short comings offensively and physical play or lack there of....If someone wants to pay him above 2m you let him walk...Buffalo wants him on the first or second line? no wonder they are doormats

He does step it up in the playoffs.

Last three seasons he has 2.6 hits per game in the regular season, 3.1 pr game playoffs. 0.24 points/game regular season, 0.35 points pr game playoffs.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Eriksson also suffered two concussions this season, one in October and another in December. He never really got a chance to gel with his teammates while at full health. It remains to be seen if he will ever be the same player again.

It's a terrible comparison, because beyond all the reasons you just mentioned, other circumstances prevents Eriksson from showing why he was worth Seguin.

Right, I forgot about the concussions. Eriksson is one of the more underrated players in the NHL.

SupersonicMonkey*

Can we turn it around and say is 500K that much less?

No.

Are you filling a roster spot with 500K? Then no you can't. That 500K isn't going to make or break any player that would be more valuable moving forward.

Hassle over 500K and you end up with garbage like Fayne.

SupersonicMonkey*

So what about 6/24 from NY.

vs.

6/27 or 6/30 from other team.

Now is it the Rangers' stupidity or his greed?

If you draw the line somewhere it should be above the 4.5.

If he gets 5 from someone else, then sure, call it what ever you want.

To hassle over 4 and 4.5 is stupid.

4.5 and 5 is different. Now you are talking a full million over the original 4 million offer. 1 million can fill a roster spot. 500K can't.

SupersonicMonkey*

I'm wondering if they're going after Dan Boyle to try to replace Stralman...ugh

He wants 5 x 2.

Penny pinch with Stralman over the difference between 4 and 4.5.

But throw 5 at 38 year old Boyle without hesitation.

Sounds like Sather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad