Speculation: 2014 Offseason - Roster Building / Trade Speculation Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Erhoff is a very good defenseman. He has been playing above his head since he signed in Buffalo. Previous relationship with AV. Very good PP player and very good mobility. Easily a top-3 defenseman on almost every team.

I'd sign him right away. He fits this system and fills the need of an offensive defenseman in one shot. He is a LD but can play either side.

If the options are Boyle for 5 million per for 2 years, Stralman for 5 million for 5 or Ehrhoff for 5 million for 5, I choose Ehrhoff.

Hell I'd probably try and sign both Stralman AND Ehrhoff and pair them together. Both skate well and fit this system to a 'T'

Thissss. Would be GOAT second pairing.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Thissss. Would be GOAT second pairing.

Now that I think about it, I might even lean towards pairing Ehrhoff with Girardi and McDonagh with Stralman. Either way, sign those 2 guys, they fit the system. Puck movers with very good mobility. Use Staal as the piece to bring in help at forward.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Now that I think about it, I might even lean towards pairing Ehrhoff with Girardi and McDonagh with Stralman. Either way, sign those 2 guys, they fit the system. Puck movers with very good mobility. Use Staal as the piece to bring in help at forward.

That I'm not in favor of.

We could also get something good for Staal without taking a hit.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Unless Staal is somehow bringing in forward help on an ELC, or Brassard is out, there's not enough room to bring in more than 8 million.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Offer Ehrhoff this:
BrT0mKeCUAAggIx.png

Zuccarello Awesome*

Ehrhoff isn't the answer.

He's another LD.

He could replace Staal I suppose, but he makes roughly the same as Staal does, and Stralman is set to make 4-5 mil per season.

If Staal is traded, and Ehrhoff is brought in, a cheaper alternative to Stralman (Fayne?) would become necessary to stay under the cap ceiling.

Trading Staal and having both Ehrhoff and Stralman on the team saves no cap-space, so where's the $ coming from to pay the forward Staal brings back?

edit: didn't see that Ehrhoff was bought out. Still not sure I don't see him getting a similar contract from another team considering the current market climate for top-4 D.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

He's another LD.

He could replace Staal I suppose, but he makes roughly the same as Staal does, and Stralman is set to make 4-5 mil per season.

If Staal is traded, and Ehrhoff is brought in, a cheaper alternative to Stralman (Fayne?) would become necessary to stay under the cap ceiling.
Ehrhoff plays RD

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

He's another LD.

He is the answer to a degree.

He's about a billion times better than Staal offensively and with the puck, he has excelled in puck possession, all things this team needs on the defensive end. And he'd cost about the same.

Elevate

May 30, 2014
Kreider / Stepan / Nash
Hagelin / Miller / St. Louis
x / Brassard / Zuccarello
Carcillo / Moore / Fast

McDonagh / Girardi
Ehrhoff / Strålman
Moore / Klein

Lundqvist
Talbot

Leaves about 3.5M left to fill x, 13th forward and 7th d-man.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Kreider / Stepan / Nash
Hagelin / Miller / St. Louis
x / Brassard / Zuccarello
Carcillo / Moore / Fast

McDonagh / Girardi
Ehrhoff / Strålman
Moore / Klein

Lundqvist
Talbot

Leaves about 3.5M left to fill x, 13th forward and 7th d-man.

are you trading staal for draft picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad