Speculation: 2014 Offseason - Roster Building / Trade Speculation Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
not advocating the signing, but Erhoff's best statistical seasons came as a member of the Canucks while AV was HC

28 and 23 points on the PP the two years he was there.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
If we let Moore walk, then Slats has really lost it. The guy was the epitome of what we want our 4th line to be, and our best faceoff guy. He can skate, be physical, score, PK etc etc. Give 1.75 on a 2-3 year deal and call it a day. Absolutely foolish to be stringing it along.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I admittedly dont watch much of Buffalo.. is he top 4 D on a good team? I mean defensively or is he a train wreck?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Stralman was never the best free agent D. Niskanen.

Wings GM Ken Holland said he has “talked to lots of players’ camps.†That includes Boyle, whom the Wings would love to add on a two-year deal, in the $10-million/$11-million ballpark. Niskanen is the marquee unrestricted free agent defenseman, but at 27 and coming off a breakout year, some team likely will offer him seven years and money in the mid-$40 million.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014306290104

Niskanen, who got married Saturday and is from Virginia, Minn., has several teams beating down his door. It appears he could get a seven-year deal in some situations. Now, whether the home-state Wild would have to offer him that to get his services is unclear. But it’s clear if the Wild wants him it’ll have to pony up substantial term and dollars.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/265067871.html#uVilhy7M8FVkAkW5.97

2 years/$10M-$11M for Boyle. 35 plus contract. Boyle will get the 2 years he wants.

Stralman will fall in behind Niskanen.

The other guys like Fayne will wait for Niskanen and Stralman to set the market.

Ehrhoff will get paid too.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I admittedly dont watch much of Buffalo.. is he top 4 D on a good team? I mean defensively or is he a train wreck?

the 2 years he spent with Vancouver, he logged 22:47 per game in year one and just under 24:00 per game in year two.

Team lost in 2nd round in year one, finals in year two.

+/- went from -12 in SJ to a +36 in year one under AV

Basically, on a team that was 5th in the league and 1st in the league, he was the teams top defenceman.

Can he play top 4 on a good team? He's proven capable of playing top pairing on a good team.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
the 2 years he spent with Vancouver, he logged 22:47 per game in year one and just under 24:00 per game in year two.

Team lost in 2nd round in year one, finals in year two.

+/- went from -12 in SJ to a +36 in year one under AV

Basically, on a team that was 5th in the league and 1st in the league, he was the teams top defenceman.

Can he play top 4 on a good team? He's proven capable of playing top pairing on a good team.

sounds like a good option but I dont think the Rangers have any intention of trading Marc.. would he come cheaper than what Staal would sign for next year?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
is stralman leaves id look to sign ehrhoff. with the buyout money he could look to sign with a team for a little less for a chance to win. i cant imagine he had much fun in buffalo last year.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
sounds like a good option but I dont think the Rangers have any intention of trading Marc.. would he come cheaper than what Staal would sign for next year?

the buyout money could afford him the ability to pick and choose his destination regardless of salary.

he could look to hit a home run and make 5 per.

or

he could look for a situation where he makes 4 per added to his buyout

knowing he played well in AV's system I think makes the Rangers a viable option in my opinion

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
All the stuff I'm reading indicates a lot of our UFAs what top dollar at there position and slats wants nothing to do with ridiculous contracts and over paying our guys.... This "window" to talk to UFAs slats must really be hearing a lot of chatter what teams want to pay these players..

Ernoff is light years better then stralman, and has accomplished way more if available for the right price slats would sign him.. But even he will get a massive deal...

Elevate

May 30, 2014
Ehrhoff - Stralman could possibly be a very good pairing I reckon. Both have solid possession numbers, Ehrhoff has a solid slapshot and is good on the PP while Stralman makes up for what he's lacking in his own end. Ehrhoff's Corsi has always been on par or better than his team's avg.
Screen-Shot-2014-05-30-at-2.19.05-AM.png

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Ehrhoff - Stralman could possibly be a very good pairing I reckon. Both have solid possession numbers, Ehrhoff has a solid slapshot and is good on the PP while Stralman makes up for what he's lacking in his own end. Ehrhoff's Corsi has always been on par or better than his team's avg.
Screen-Shot-2014-05-30-at-2.19.05-AM.png
Its not both...its one or the other

SupersonicMonkey*

The cheaper alternative to Christian Ehrhoff is Andrej Sekera.

Sekera is a possession guy, as well. High-end skater.

Staal + to Carolina for Sekera and ?

McDonagh - Girardi
Sekera - Stralman
Moore - Klein

Is a very mobile defense.

Unfortunately we are staring at the strong possibility of Staal - Fayne, which would be an imobile disaster.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Chris Kreider has arbitration rights this summer as an RFA and because of that he is unlikely to have the same kind of holdout that Derek Stepan had last summer since Stepan didn’t have arbitration rights.*(Boston Globe)

Kreider could be in line for a similar contract to what Max Pacioretty got after his entry level contract expired, two-years and a cap hit of $1.625 million.*(Boston Globe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad