GDT: 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Day (Wednesday, Marth 5th, 3pm ET) - Pens Only II

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I would trust Brodeur WAAAAY more than Fleury in the playoffs.

It's not crazy to think Brodeur simply hasn't been able to adjust to being a backup.

Well, that's what he'd be here. If we acquire Brodeur and sit MAF for a guy we trade for a few weeks before the playoffs start, you better believe we're going to have a "I want out" situation with MAF. If you're going to risk that, the guy you bring in better not be retiring any second.

I just don't see Vokoun being as effective as he was last year with all this time off. Thats even if he gets back in time.

It's true, we live and die by MAF but Vokoun bailed him out last year. I'm not so sure it would go down like that this year.

If the cost is too high, yea. I'd pass.

Marty isn't happy being a backup. He'd backup Fleury here, and honestly, if Fleury implodes, it doesn't really matter who our backup is. None of the options will get us through, imo.

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
I'm content with Shero realizing this team doesn't have it this year. No need to give away more of the future for rentals.

I'm excited for Beau to get healthy and play alongside Sid.

If he did realize it, he would trade Orpik for a 1st round pick instead of losing him for nothing, and trade that same pick for Kesler straight up with another prospect without losing any assets. Kesler would be a solution on our 1st line going forward and we could keep Sutter on our 3rd.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
EDM retaining salary was a non-issue for us and how much cap space we have. But with their wealthy owner, they would rather take back salary on Hemsky and trade him for higher picks (OTT), than trade him to us at full value. Our picks will be 10-15 spots lower.

I am not sure if I have mentioned that I agree with this.

Same here. Unless Shero pulls a couple of rabbits out of a hat (0.01% chance), we're not going to be a legit cup contender this year, particularly without massively mortgaging our future.

Stewart may go for cheap. Much rather target him. I dont like the idea of bringing anyone in who cant skate.

I would love to get Stewart, but the problem is: we would likely not be able to sign Niskanen because of Stewart's $4.5 million salary next year. I would rather lose Orpik and keep Niskanen -- which is what I expect to happen -- as opposed to losing Nisky for potentially 5-7 years on an extension, just to have one year of an inconsistent Stewart.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Well, that's what he'd be here. If we acquire Brodeur and sit MAF for a guy we trade for a few weeks before the playoffs start, you better believe we're going to have a "I want out" situation with MAF. If you're going to risk that, the guy you bring in better not be retiring any second.

Marty isn't happy being a backup. He'd backup Fleury here, and honestly, if Fleury implodes, it doesn't really matter who our backup is. None of the options will get us through, imo.

You have to bring TV back when the docs give him a pass to play, it's not optional. We can't have four goalies.

diligent_d

Jul 20, 2005
Canada
Got excited for a moment:

yahoo.jpg

Thanks for nothing, Yahoo.......

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Doesn't the Flyers being out mean that we're apparently the only team left Kesler would waive for?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
With the Kings grabbing Gaborik. Wondering if they pull in 1 of Moulson/Cammalerri too? If not they wouldn't be terrible options.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Doesn't the Flyers being out mean that we're apparently the only team left Kesler would waive for?

He'll waive for Detroit, he played there a ton when he was younger. He's from Michigan. And have you been to Anaheim this time of year? I'd waive my NTC to go there.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Kings get Gaborik huh?, Haven't seen him much since NY, besides when the pens played columbus.

Has he gotten over his Injury issues?

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
With the Kings grabbing Gaborik. Wondering if they pull in 1 of Moulson/Cammalerri too? If not they wouldn't be terrible options.

I think the value of these rentals is actually going down as teams with a desperate need for scoring (like LAK) make their deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad