GDT: 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Day (Wednesday, Marth 5th, 3pm ET) - Pens Only II

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I hope Ray does a little deal like grabbing Brodeur for pennies.

Why do you want Brodeur? He's a shadow of his former self, if that.

For better or worse, we live and die by MAF until at least the end of his deal.

I want no part of Brodeur. Especially considering the asking price for Lou to ship him to a division rival.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I would not be opposed to Gaustad and/or Legwand. Could be a good fix to the bottom 6. They may have caught Shero's eye last night.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 21s
Tuomo Ruuttu looks like he's on the move from Carolina.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I'm betting Shero does nothing. Orpik, Gibbons, and Gladamsew forever baby!!

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Even if we got Kesler, I can't help but think that HCDB would just ruin him or play him with the wrong linemates.

Is it really worth getting him as long as we have that Pejorative Slur behind our bench????

He could possibly ruin him?? But Bylsma may not have enough time as coach to take that hard edge off the way Kesler plays by pampering him they way he does his other coach's pets. Since both are from Michigan, I expect Bylsma to favor him right to the end.;)

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

I want no part of Brodeur. Especially considering the asking price for Lou to ship him to a division rival.

I would trust Brodeur WAAAAY more than Fleury in the playoffs.

It's not crazy to think Brodeur simply hasn't been able to adjust to being a backup.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
lol

JoshuaCooper ‏@JoshuaCooper 50s
Legwand did not get pulled off the ice. Practice was over... That's it sorry for the confusion

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

I just don't see Vokoun being as effective as he was last year with all this time off. Thats even if he gets back in time.

It's true, we live and die by MAF but Vokoun bailed him out last year. I'm not so sure it would go down like that this year.

If the cost is too high, yea. I'd pass.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Philly out on Kesler.

It's not crazy to think Brodeur simply hasn't been able to adjust to being a backup.

Brodeur hasn't been good enough for a while now. If we're down to Brodeur in the playoffs, we're done anyways. No way I want to pay for him here.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Trusting someone more than Fleury doesn't actually say much. I'd trust a rusty Vokoun more than Fleury.

lol

JoshuaCooper ‏@JoshuaCooper 50s
Legwand did not get pulled off the ice. Practice was over... That's it sorry for the confusion

:biglaugh:

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Guys, if 3 o'clock passes and nothing got done. Ill be on the Clemente. You are all welcome to join.

As mad as i would be if we do nothing, i would prefer that over making trades that won't improve us much while draining a bit of our prospects/picks pool. Just for the sake of making a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad