GDT: 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Day (Wednesday, Marth 5th, 3pm ET) - Pens Only II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
I think the value of these rentals is actually going down as teams with a desperate need for scoring (like LAK) make their deals.
I wonder this as well. What's left out there, in terms of scoring forwards? Vanek, Cammy, Moulson, Stewart, and then Kesler (though last 2 aren't UFA)? How many teams are actively bidding to grab these guys, I wonder?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Do.not.want.

The guy has chemistry with Malkin, it might also make an angry Geno even more motivated to have his best friend on his team. I mean the guy was choked that Kulemin wasn't his line mate in Sochi because of their chemistry (as well as a bunch of other reasons but yeah...Kulemin IS the LW for Geno, besides Kunitz, which I think Kulemin can be a version of).

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
The Pens are 4th in the NHL in scoring and people are melting down because they don't trade for a rental like Hemsky? Really? This team needs a 3rd line that's not a joke far more than a one-dimensional goal scorer.

They were first in scoring last year and scored 2 goals in a 4 game series. Try again.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
There's no chance Toronto moves Kulemin while they're fighting for the playoffs. None.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Can't believe how easy it was for LA to land Gaborik. That's a joke.

He's a piece of glass with shrinking scoring numbers in the extremely rare case he actually plays who is a pure rental UFA.

Meh.

Had the Penguins acquired him he'd have spontaneously combusted upon picking up the phone.

The Hemsky one is the one that annoys me, and I haven't exactly been a Hemsky cheerleader.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yepp. These forward prices are really low. Why did Shero think finding a winger for Sid was "far fetched" exactly?

I kept saying in the Hemsky thread that the base line was set with the Penner trades and for how much Robidas, Erat, and others went, not just forwards. But no...people thought it'd take a 2nd and blah blah blah...those folks can stuff it.

It's a buyer's market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad