GDT: 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Day (Wednesday, March 5th, 3pm ET) - Pens Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
I checked out the Rangers' board, thinking they'd be peeved about Kesler not wanting to waive his NTC to go to New York. Instead, I read things like, "Thank God! He's saving us from ourselves." :) I love hockey fans' passions, especially at this time of the year. It seems Rangers fans don't want to pay the piper, and I don't blame them. I have a gut feeling they'll have Martin St. Louis after tomorrow, though. How much will they have to give up? Aye, there's the rub.

I find it very interesting that Canucks' beat writers knew Kesler didn't want to play for Alain Vigneault again, and they think that's the main reason he didn't waive the NTC.

I wonder how long it would take for Kesler to tire of Bylsma.

2 years when his contract would be up.

St.Louis isn't being traded.

PittPen

Oct 1, 2010
So what do you guys think about the Matthias pickup and whether it affects their interest in a guy like Sutter?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I checked out the Rangers' board, thinking they'd be peeved about Kesler not wanting to waive his NTC to go to New York. Instead, I read things like, "Thank God! He's saving us from ourselves." :) I love hockey fans' passions, especially at this time of the year. It seems Rangers fans don't want to pay the piper, and I don't blame them. I have a gut feeling they'll have Martin St. Louis after tomorrow, though. How much will they have to give up? Aye, there's the rub.

I find it very interesting that Canucks' beat writers knew Kesler didn't want to play for Alain Vigneault again, and they think that's the main reason he didn't waive the NTC.

I wonder how long it would take for Kesler to tire of Bylsma.

What's his moron threshold?

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Well he's already played for him, so he sort of knows what would be in store

Michael8771*

It's between PIT and ANA from what Lebrun suggested about Kesler.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Agree with those saying no to Vanek. He's not a good fit. He's not a 200 Ft Player, and he can't carry the play. His only real assets are his shot and net front presence. He's also prone to taking selfish penalties, and we have enough guys capable of doing that in the playoffs. Plus the whole god awful salary thing.(Not sure how many years are left, just know it's north of 6 mil)

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Looking through Vancouver's roster, you know a guy who has fallen off the face of the earth? David Booth.

His brain must have really been turned to pudding. He hasn't been the same since.

One of my favorites when he was a Panther.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Wasn't it rumored Kesler wants to be on the east coast?

Yes, it was definitely out there at one point. Wanted to get closer to his native Michigan and all that.

I assume he'll go to Anaheim, seeing as how they are stepping up their efforts to land him.

I kinda hope someone other than us overpays for Kesler.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yes, it was definitely out there at one point. Wanted to get closer to his native Michigan and all that.

I assume he'll go to Anaheim, seeing as how they are stepping up their efforts to land him.

I kinda hope someone other than us overpays for Kesler.

I hope so too, but it's only because I want to see what Plan B is. :sarcasm:

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I think he would have been as lost as Poni.

Has anyone heard anything about Legwand? He would fit in well on that third line.

I was thinking he would be a good add if Kesler falls through. I think Hemsky + Legwand would be a better overall deadline than Kesler alone. I think if we do land Kesler that that'll be it, but I think Hemsky and Legwand can be had at a better cost.

Michael8771*

Anaheim has better pieces. IMO, then it's on whether Kesler will play in Anaheim.
I'd agree that the Ducks have the better pieces. Unless Maybe RS goes nuts and offers two number ones plus Sutter.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
new gdt is up. Let's see if you guys can blow through it by 6am ET when I get up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad