Players brought in:

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out:

bruins.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out:

Buffalo.gif

Players brought in: Matt Moulson, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, Jaroslav Halak

Draft Picks brought in: Islanders 2014 OR 2015 1st round pick, 2015 2nd round pick, Blues 2015 1st round pick, Conditional draft pick from the Blues

Assets shipped out: Thomas Vanek, Steve Ott, Ryan Miller

canes.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out:

blue_jackets.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out:

red_wings.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out:

panthers.gif

Players brought in: Brandon Pirri

Draft Picks brought in: Montreal 5th round pick (2015)

Assets shipped out: Shawn Matthias, Jacob Markstrom, Mike Weaver, 3rd round pick (2014), 5th round pick (2016)

canadiens.gif

Players brought in: Mike Weaver

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out: 2015 5th round pick

devils.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out:

islanders.gif

Players brought in: Thomas Vanek

Draft Picks brought in: 2014 3rd-rounder (Flyers), 2015 2nd-rounder (Flyers)

Assets shipped out: Matt Moulson, Andrew MacDonald, 2014 or 2015 1st round pick, 2015 2nd round pick

rangers.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks brought in:

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out:

senators.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out:

flyers.gif

Players brought in: Andrew MacDonald

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out: 2014 3rd-rounder (NYI), 2015 2nd-rounder (NYI)

lightning.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out:

leafs_1.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks brought in:

Assets shipped out:

caps.gif

Players brought in: Dustin Penner, Rusty Klesla, Chris Brown

Draft Picks brought in: 4th-round pick (Coyotes)

Assets shipped out: 4th-round pick, John Mitchell, Martin Erat

Last edited:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Ducks.gif

Players brought in: Stephane Robidas

Draft Picks Brought in: Washington 4th-round pick (sent to Dallas for Robidas), 2014 5th-Round pick (Oilers), 2015 3rd-round pick (Oilers)

Assets shipped out: Dustin Penner, Viktor Fasth

flames.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks Brought in:

Assets shipped out:

hawks.gif

Players brought in: David Rundblad

Draft Picks Brought in: Florida 3rd Round pick (2014), Florida 5th round pick (2016)

Assets shipped out: Brandon Pirri, 2nd-round pick (Coyotes)

avalanche.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks Brought in:

Assets shipped out:

stars.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks Brought in: Washington 4th-round pick (via Anaheim)

Assets shipped out: Stephane Robidas

oilers.gif

Players brought in: Viktor Fasth

Draft Picks Brought in: Minnesota 4th-round pick

Assets shipped out: Ilya Bryzgalov

kings.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks Brought in:

Assets shipped out:

wild.gif

Players brought in: Ilya Bryzgalov

Draft Picks Brought in:

Assets shipped out: 4th-round pick

preditors.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks Brought in:

Assets shipped out:

coyotes.gif

Players brought in: Martin Erat, John Mitchell

Draft picks brought in: 2nd-round pick (Chicago)

Assets shipped out: David Rundblad, Rusty Klesla, Chris Brown, 4th-round pick (Washington)

blues.gif

Players brought in: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott

Draft Picks Brought in:

Assets shipped out: Chris Stewart, William Carrier, Jaroslav Halak, 1st round pick (2015), conditional 1st round pick (2014)

sharks.gif

Players brought in:

Draft Picks Brought in:

Assets shipped out:

canucks.gif

Players brought in: Shawn Matthias, Jacob Markstrom

Draft Picks Brought in:

Assets shipped out: ROBERTO LUONGO

thumbnail.php

Players brought in:

Draft Picks Brought in:

Assets shipped out:

Last edited:

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Same here, I'm simply hoping for bottom 6 help, 2 solid 3rd liners who will help at both ends of the ice

And a goalie if it can come cheap, I really really really have no confidence in Fleury whatsoever

I just can't see them getting a goalie. They have MAF, Zatkoff who has performed fine especially since hes a rookie and Vokoun will be returning in a few weeks. Can't see them with 4 on the roster.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I just can't see them getting a goalie. They have MAF, Zatkoff who has performed fine especially since hes a rookie and Vokoun will be returning in a few weeks. Can't see them with 4 on the roster.

Zatkoff has performed well I agree but at the end of the day he hasn't played any games that meant something during the season

Fleury has been pathetic in the last 4 playoffs, I think even his biggest fans have given up defending the guy

And Vokoun we just don't know what's going to happen over the next month, it's really risky to assume he will be ready to go

Anyways we should soon find out, but I have zero faith in goal, mind you I've been like this since the late 80"s

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I also lost all faith in Fleury as a playoff goalie a long time ago and I'd trade for a goalie if I were Shero but realistically I'm not expecting it to happen.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Zatkoff has performed well I agree but at the end of the day he hasn't played any games that meant something during the season

Fleury has been pathetic in the last 4 playoffs, I think even his biggest fans have given up defending the guy

And Vokoun we just don't know what's going to happen over the next month, it's really risky to assume he will be ready to go

Anyways we should soon find out, but I have zero faith in goal, mind you I've been like this since the late 80"s

I also lost all faith in Fleury as a playoff goalie a long time ago and I'd trade for a goalie if I were Shero but realistically I'm not expecting it to happen.

Honestly I think the teams playoff success is make or break with MAF. The moment he starts to falter I think the whole teams demeanor and confidence changes. He really needs to step up but the defense really needs to play a solid game like they did the first few months of the season.

mgd525

May 18, 2007
I hope we stand pat or make a hockey trade for a winger that can be apart of the team going into the future. I don't want any rentals unless they are dirt cheap because this team will play like **** again in the playoffs because nothing has changed.... does it really matter what you do at the trade deadline if you have an asshat for a coach and the worst playoff goalie of all time yet again...The only difference this off season should be is Shero hits the road too for not having the balls to get rid of Dumb and Dumber.

On a side note it would be amazing to trade Orpik + ect for a good younger or vet winger with some years left. I say that kinda sad because I have really loved Orpik on this team over the years but come on Shero.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Just posting this here since the discussion has shifted to this thread:

I only really want Shero to trade for Kesler, even with the asking price, if he's happy playing RW with Sid.

But, I have a sneaking suspicion that Shero/Bylsma really want to go back to the 3C model. Shero tried his damnedest to keep Staal, even at a ridiculous rate, before ultimately trading him. This year has been a bit of a throw away year with the cap going down a bunch, and Shero not being able to shift assets and build the way he wants to. I'm not a fan of the 3C model, I think it spreads talent too thin, but with the cap going up Shero can feasibly make it work again. It's going to take a lot of moves, and a complete retooling of our 3rd line, but it's possible. And, to be frank, if we're hell-bent on going back to the 3C model, Kesler is about as perfect a guy you could possibly hope for as your 3C behind Sid and Geno. I don't know, obviously just speculating, but it makes sense. Ever since Staal left, the team's changed noticeably, and for the worse. It's not directly because we lost Staal, but because we lost the only approach Shero and Bylsma seem to be comfortable with, and that's the 3C.

I don't think we get Kesler, honestly. I want him on this team, as I think we need him desperately, but I don't see it happening as time drags on. Ideally, he'd be a phenomenal fit with Sid, but only if he wants to play there. If the grand scheme is to play him as a 3C and shift the focus back to becoming a deeper lineup throughout the top 9, he's the perfect guy to do that, too.

Only about 30 hours to go, boys. Get ready to be supremely disappointed by us acquiring Zidlicky and MacDonald, and losing Despres for peanuts. :laugh:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Wow IcedCap... way to kick some ass at the deadline. Nice work. Thanks!

This quote from the bottom of Rossi's Ice Chips blog

As always, things change fast around the trade deadline, so keep clicking.

Pretty much says it all. Way to lack professionalism (asking for clicks instead of earning them with good reporting) and troll us at the same time, d-bag.

Although I won't complain if we end up getting both Hemsky and Kesler. I disagree that Hemsky is a rental though. All you have to do is have a cap increase and shed Orpik's salary over the summer and you've got room to fit him in.

If we have the room to sign Hemsky by doing that at the end of the day (will depend on how much the cap goes up, whether we keep Niskanen, etc) and we let Hemsky go and keep Orpik, I will officially join the "Shero has lost his mind" camp.

Upon further review I don't know that Hemsky will ask for a big raise or even that he'd take the same or slightly less to stay here (if he likes it / we manage to get to the Finals etc). Hard to say. He's at the age where guys usually want retirement contracts but OTOH he's been on a loser team his whole career practically (except 2006) when the Oilers made a deep playoff run.

Last edited:

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Still don't see why the other thread had to be closed. Some good conversations in there.

Either way, nice thread. Will come in useful down the line for the next 29 hours. If it's updated in a timely manner, of course.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Wow IcedCap... way to kick some ass at the deadline. Nice work. Thanks!

This quote from the bottom of Rossi's Ice Chips blog

Pretty much says it all. Way to lack professionalism (asking for clicks instead of earning them with good reporting) and troll us at the same time, d-bag.

Although I won't complain if we end up getting both Hemsky and Kesler. I disagree that Hemsky is a rental though. All you have to do is have a cap increase and shed Orpik's salary over the summer and you've got room to fit him in.

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/feature/?id=11986

Problem solved ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad