GDT: 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Day (Wednesday, March 5th, 3pm ET) - Pens Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Why? Because all indications are that management and the rest of the staff want to keep him. As for Nisky, he was given a second chance here and by all accounts seems to be happy.

Great.

Just don't cry next year when Sid is punked in the playoffs with Kunitz and Dupuis on his wings.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
Latest from Lebrun re:Kesler

The Pittsburgh Penguins -- it’s no secret -- have interest and a source said they once again spoke with Vancouver on Tuesday. ... But to what degree it advanced the discussion, it wasn’t clear.

There’s a sizeable list of teams that have kept tabs on Kesler, including the Anaheim Ducks, who have a number of young assets that might interest the Canucks.

Of course, you wonder would the Canucks really trade Kesler within the same division? The answer we got from one source with knowledge of the situation is that the Canucks don’t care what team it is, they’ll take the best package if it fits their needs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/29451/canucks-still-taking-calls-on-ryan-kesler

And yet they refused the larger package the Oilers reportedly offered for Schneider...

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Great.

Just don't cry next year when Sid is punked in the playoffs with Kunitz and Dupuis on his wings.

Re-signing Nisky doesn't prevent us from getting Sid a winger. Bennett is still around. And I'd be surprised if that wing isn't addressed this deadline. Hemsky makes a ton of sense. And a guy I could see signing on the cheap for a few years on a playoff team.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Great.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing him stay but I'm thinking it won't be in the budget. Malkin is getting his raise on top of Letang as you mentioned.

You mean a bottom 6 player has problems playing well consistently? No way!?!?

He was on the first line in Anaheim.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Re-signing Nisky doesn't prevent us from getting Sid a winger. Bennett is still around. And I'd be surprised if that wing isn't addressed this deadline. Hemsky makes a ton of sense. And a guy I could see signing on the cheap for a few years on a playoff team.

We'll see. 21M in your top four defensemen is what you'll have if Nisky resigns. Something will have to give.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
I'm really hoping that the NHL Network airs TSN's coverage of the trade deadline. If I see E.J. Hradek on my screen, I'll lose it.

TSN will be streaming and if you can't view it, I'm sure someone else online will have a feed of it on one of many websites.

Personally I'm hoping the highways aren't great where I live so I can have an excuse to work remotely from home and watch it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm really hoping that the NHL Network airs TSN's coverage of the trade deadline. If I see E.J. Hradek on my screen, I'll lose it.

last year i piggybacked the Canadian streams over the internet, if you're outside of Canada and interested in watching TSN or Sportsnet, let me know, if there's enough interest, I'll do the same again this year.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Don't disagree. If I'm renting, then I'm not paying a premium, and I want to know there's a chance the guy resigns.

I know we disagree of Kulemin. Fine. But, with him, even Hemsky, I suspect, the price would be a lot lower than Vanek, and at least there's a chance those two might like to stay. Same with guys like Goc or Seto.

I love Kesler. I really do. I think the guy is a stud. And, even with this team's flaws, he could be an absolute terror for teams if the coach knew a ******* thing about good bench management.

That said, this teams isn't a Kesler away. It's not even Kesler and Hemsky away. I'd rather say screw getting Kesler and a rental and get like 4 guys for the top 9 (assuming Sutter is dealt). I think the Pens would have a better chance at reaching the finals that way.

You know, I just don't trust Shero. I don't trust Bylsma even if Shero gets it right. And, I don't trust Fleury even if by some huge miracle Bylsma gets it right. Hard to try to be excited about it all, because reality keeps getting in the way.

The only issue I have with Kulemin is he's overrated here. I've always been on board with the Orpik for Kulemin idea. In fact, that should be the deal. Or Orpik for Carlton the Bear or some such mascot. I don't care.

Exactly. Thomas Vanek and Ryan Kesler aren't realistic options with the asking price and their cap-hits. I am not entirely sure, but I think Thomas Vanek prefers to play on the left wing (although he does shoot right handed).

Oh he's a left-winger alright. Been a left-winger for 95% of his NHL career.

He's another disaster waiting to happen.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The only issue I have with Kulemin is he's overrated here. I've always been on board with the Orpik for Kulemin idea. In fact, that should be the deal. Or Orpik for Carlton the Bear or some such mascot. I don't care.

Oh he's a left-winger alright. Been a left-winger for 95% of his NHL career.

He's another disaster waiting to happen.

I'm on board with Orpik for a bag of pucks. I'm just afraid that we'd have to add too much.

Sh00terMcGavin

#Leadership
Jul 5, 2011
Pittsburgh
last year i piggybacked the Canadian streams over the internet, if you're outside of Canada and interested in watching TSN or Sportsnet, let me know, if there's enough interest, I'll do the same again this year.
Right on, that'd be cool. I think NHLN showed TSN's coverage last season but I'm not entirely sure.

Michael8771*

NHL network most likely picks up the TSN feed, they did last year.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, TRADECENTRE '14 delivers in-depth coverage of every trade. For fans at work or on-the-go, the entire broadcast will be available via live stream on TSN.ca and on the brand new TSN Hockey app. TRADECENTRE '14 will also be available live on NHL Network in the U.S.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445113

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA

I actually like EJ.

I don't care for James Duthie who seems all kinds of corny, bad campy, phoniness to me.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I checked out the Rangers' board, thinking they'd be peeved about Kesler not wanting to waive his NTC to go to New York. Instead, I read things like, "Thank God! He's saving us from ourselves." :) I love hockey fans' passions, especially at this time of the year. It seems Rangers fans don't want to pay the piper, and I don't blame them. I have a gut feeling they'll have Martin St. Louis after tomorrow, though. How much will they have to give up? Aye, there's the rub.

I find it very interesting that Canucks' beat writers knew Kesler didn't want to play for Alain Vigneault again, and they think that's the main reason he didn't waive the NTC.

I wonder how long it would take for Kesler to tire of Bylsma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad