GDT: 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Day (FINISHED) - Pens only, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Brutal.

Oh well, at least we probably we will have a first rounder.

Not feeling like Goc makes us much more of a contender, though he's a nice addition and gets one scrub out of the line-up.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Everybody knows Vanek is bolting for Minnesota. Had to factor into the low price Habs got him for. We had no 2nd. We would have needed to spend our 1st either way since our 2nd would have been lower than the Habs anyway. We'll see who the prospect is.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I like all of our deals and think they are better than last years for our team.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Peter Botte ‏@PeterBotte 1m
Should be noted that ChrisBottaNHL, press-box banned by Snow, tweeted "watch out for the Canadiens" about an hour ago.

hehehe.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
You can't blame Shero. How could he possibly know he wouldn't get Kesler? And we all know that people are physically unable to pursue two players at once.

Free pass given, IN SHERO WE TRUST!

Do you ever stop and think that you have no idea what you're talking about? You should give it a try some times.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
It's pretty apparent that Shero massively overpaid for Murray last year. But Vanek is a terrible fit here.

I'm tired of hearing about "fits". For four years I've been tired of it. The coach can't find a way to make a 40 goal scorer work on our roster with two of the best centers in the world? BS

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Not heartbroken on missing out on another rental. I know it's fun to land all the big names on deadline day but we're probably better off for it.

nexguy

Oct 24, 2006
I'm tired of hearing about "fits". For four years I've been tired of it. The coach can't find a way to make a 40 goal scorer work on our roster with two of the best centers in the world? BS

I think Vanek is a terrible fit no matter where he goes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Not arguing with any of this; I actually agree with you on the Niskanen part. Just saying that with some holes on D -- and plenty of uncertainty, it might be wise for the organ-i-zation to hold onto our to D prospects at this point...

I'm not saying trade Pouliot for Adams. I'm saying if a kid who is several years away from even sniffing NHL time (remember the Bylsma effect as well) is the difference in Shero's decision to pull the trigger, he's a moron. Kesler helps now, AND for the foreseeable future. Anywhere you put him; at 3C, at RW on Sid's line, etc.

Again, I am not advocating throwing away Pouliot. What I'm saying is; if Shero decided not to pull the trigger on a deal that was in place to hang on to a prospect who is still a huge question mark, he's even dumber than I figured he was a month ago. :laugh:

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.

Don't you know? 15 goal grinders are better for the Pens than 40 goal scorers. Geez man, where've you been?

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008

This. If we can't find a use for a winger like Vanek, especially since we are so thin at wingers, then Bylsma and Shero are even worse than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad