Pre-Game Talk: 2014 NHL Entry Draft - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Man I wonder if we're laying it on the line with 6th, Shinkaruk, Tanev, something else.

I think its Garrison over Tanev, Tallon has said they have enough young D man.. I can't see a team topping Shinkaruk, 6th overall and Garrison... I really don't see anyone topping this as that's a huge package. I'll be happy when Reinharts a Canuck.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think its Garrison over Tanev, Tallon has said they have enough young D man.. I can't see a team topping Shinkaruk, 6th overall and Garrison... I really don't see anyone topping this as that's a huge package. I'll be happy when Reinharts a Canuck.

Doesn't Garrison have a NTC? It would make sense, we're obligated to make like 10 trades with Florida every season.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Found on mynhltraderumors.com but can't tell who is the source (Dreger perhaps?)

Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon said the he received an offer for the first overall pick that goes “above and beyond†what is fair, but he’s going to sleep on it.

Above and beyond what is fair? That's a little bit scary to me for the receiving GM (Tallon) to admit. I like Reinhart but not at a stupid price ...

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I'm going to use this space for my far-fetched predictions:

Prospects:

Ritchie Busts. Virtanen turns into a gem. Elhers lights it up; top line winger. Nylander becomes an enigmatic 2nd line player.

Canucks transactions:

Canucks take Dal Colle (After Calgary goes off the board... ..and takes Virtanen or Ritchie.)

Canucks take Ivan Barbashev with their pick from the Pens in a trade for Kesler. (Canucks receive 1st round pick, 4th round pick and Sutter for Kesler)

Canucks sign Jerome Iginla to a 3 year 6.25 mil deal.

Canucks re-sign Santorelli to a 4 year 2 mil deal.

Canucks' Season:

Full of entertainment via new young players emerging.

Super inconsistent play leading to slotting into 7th spot in the West.

Goalie situation works out okay and is rarely a concern.

Last edited:

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Winnipeg Jets, apperantly according to gary lawless from Winnipeg Free Press they got an offer with BigBuff+9th overall for 1st overall.

I think Vancouver has a higher chance because the pick is higher and Tallon want Ehler......he gone by the 9th pick

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I'm not usually a fanboy, but I want Reinhart in the canucks a lot.

You need talent to build a team.. and that would catapult us up a lot. The only piece I would be hesitant about is horvat, if it's horvat it would only be horvat + 6th for me, no tanev throw in.

Yeah, I think Horvat would nix any addition of Tanev for me too. Shink and Tanev is tough enough of a pill to swallow.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Yeah, I think Horvat would nix any addition of Tanev for me too. Shink and Tanev is tough enough of a pill to swallow.

Why would the Panthers want Horvat anyways? They want a scoring winger or D help, the whole reason their trading this pick is because they want a scoring winger. I'm scared what the above and beyond offer is, I'm betting its the offer Canucks have I'm hoping its not more than Shinkaruk Garrison and the 6th

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Found on mynhltraderumors.com but can't tell who is the source (Dreger perhaps?)

Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon said the he received an offer for the first overall pick that goes “above and beyond†what is fair, but he’s going to sleep on it.

Above and beyond what is fair? That's a little bit scary to me for the receiving GM (Tallon) to admit. I like Reinhart but not at a stupid price ...

This scares me too. :laugh:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon said the he received an offer for the first overall pick that goes “above and beyond” what is fair, but he’s going to sleep on it.

Pff...
This is nothing but posturing.
That is probably just a bluff...
To get teams to ante up.
I highly doubt Tallon got an offer like that...
Or he would have made the deal by now.

If he still kept the pick...
Then all 2 of the Pathers fans will be up in arms.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Botchford cheering section on twitter retweeted this.

Jason Botchford @botchford · 1h
@ArbutusClubHD word here is FLA is not serious about trading the pick. Scouts already telling people they're taking ekblad

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Why would the Panthers want Horvat anyways? They want a scoring winger or D help, the whole reason their trading this pick is because they want a scoring winger. I'm scared what the above and beyond offer is, I'm betting its the offer Canucks have I'm hoping its not more than Shinkaruk Garrison and the 6th

True. Good point. I suppose the point is that if the demand is higher than Shink, like say Jensen, to fit your point, that would be too steep to do, considering Shink, Tanev and 6th is already borderline 'too steep', but justifiable.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Is there any credibility to this 'insider'? Not sure why his name is starred out. The name is ***************.

******* ******** @*************** · 10h
#BREAKINGNEWS Offer on the table from #Leafs TOR 1st rounder+Kadri+Phaneuf vs #FLAPanthers 1st rounder+Kulikov>>Ball in FLA camp #WOW

******* ******** @*************** · 10h
Being told the #FLAPanthers are seriously considering this offer but that they will decide on draft day in order to wait for higher bidders.

******* ******** @*************** · 24h
#BREAKINGNEWS #Oilers just made significant offer for 1st overall pick: EDM 1st rounder + Gagner vs #FLAPanthers 1st rounder on the table.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Tallon bluntly said they're 70% going to pick the player at 1st. He already has two offers that are beyond fair so it's essentially up to him what he feels like. If he hasn't accepted yet, then I think his gut tells him he will use the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad