Pre-Game Talk: 2014 NHL Entry Draft - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Hmmm. The interview with Dale Tallon seems like he's leaning to trading the pick. Bob McKenzie is reporting the rumor.

Plus, I hate Botchford. :laugh:

Not a fan either but I dont trust what gm's say to the public.

Could very well happen, but fans should not get their hopes up.

Hes claiming at the draft flordia scouts are claiming they already decided on taking ekblad.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Not a fan either but I dont trust what gm's say to the public.

Could very well happen, but fans should not get their hopes up.

Hes claiming at the draft flordia scouts are claiming they already decided on taking ekblad.

He also said Gaborik bought a house in van

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Problem with that is are those teams willing to deal that pick... Doubt it

Rumors were that edmonton was open to trade that pick. Ray's also convinced that edmontons taking draisitl, and i know some buffalo fans think they are taking bennett. Flordia taking ekblad. I would ring up burke or even Mac T.

Otherwise i take the 6th pick, i know 6th pick is not as exciting to fans though.

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
He also said Gaborik bought a house in van

Botchford is not always right, im not going to defend him I dont like him, but he is at the draft and philly and talking to people. But he does have some sources, off the top of my head he had us signing richardson before anyone last year.

Also you could come up with a laundry list of lies gm's tell the media or what people read into what they say.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
I think the trade for first overall is imminent. Watching Tallons interview on tsn sure sounds like it. Why else did Edmonton and Florida stop talking about swapping picks? Because Vancouver is taking Reinhart at 1, Bennett at 2 and Ekblad at 3. ;)

Ventana*

I think the trade for first overall is imminent. Watching Tallons interview on tsn sure sounds like it. Why else did Edmonton and Florida stop talking about swapping picks? Because Vancouver is taking Reinhart at 1, Bennett at 2 and Ekblad at 3. ;)

You just know Edmonton fans would love if Van moved to #1.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Out of all the potential picks in the top 10, I have done the least amount YouTube scouting on Reinhart just so I don't fall in love and end up heart broken :laugh:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Botchford don't know anything more than a fan........sources or not no one is know anything beside management

Well obviously thats true, as long as we agree that management is not going to tell the media and fans the entire truth or full story either. Every gm has an agenda when they speak to the media.

Tallon could be doing a masterful job drumming up interest for the number 1 hoping someone puts an insane offer on the table with little intention of even moving it. This 70%, 60& hes pulling out sounds like masterful PR.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I sincerely don't think the draft position will change, or that Kesler will be moved. Then people will treat this as some sort of "failure" on Benning's part as though he can just unilaterally make other GMs more amenable to what he wants.

This is exactly what will happen.

If the best offers were getting for kesler is perreault + ducks late 1st, were not moving him tomorrow so fans have something to discuss.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Eklbad is dominant in the OHL, but the fear is that his skill set will only be average in the NHL. I think he'll be a really good top 4 guy - like I said Brad Stuart. I'd rather go for that possible #1 centre prospect.

I see Pietrangelo in Ekblad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad