GDT: 2014 NHL Entry Draft – Round 1: Fri Jun 27, 7PM ET 2.0

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
so surprised that barbashev is dropping this much, he's the exact type of player that never drops

KHL-Russia factors no doubt.

Blue chip Russians are usually one thing, as they score big money here. Lesser guys go KHL because I guess they do better there than here money wise.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Trade for 31th

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Scherbak
Barbashev - Eller - Gallagher
Hudon/Bozon/Lehkonen - DLR- McCarron
Bournival - White - Crisp

Crystal ball FTW

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
KHL-Russia factors no doubt.

Blue chip Russians are usually one thing, as they score big money here. Lesser guys go KHL because I guess they do better there than here money wise.

but he already showed that hes committed to play in the NHL by coming over to the CHL

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Trade. For. Barbashev.

I love how New Jersey keep taking either raw or safe players, never a guy who has decent upside.

No wonder they have trouble scoring. Can't draft offensive players for ****.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
TSN makes a good point, so much for this being an unpredictable draft.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Trade. For. Barbashev.

I love how New Jersey keep taking either raw or safe players, never a guy who has decent upside.

No wonder they have trouble scoring. Can't draft offensive players for ****.

They took the swing with Tedenby and that certainly didn't work out. They are probably scared now.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
but he already showed that hes committed to play in the NHL by coming over to the CHL

Not every player loves it here though. There are plenty of guys who come here young, don't enjoy the NA lifestyle, and head back home.

Just playing devil's advocate.

I wonder if the Habs brass interviewed both Scherbak and Barbashev and decided that Scherbak was a safer pick in terms of wanting to stay in NA.

PricePkPatch*

I have scouting credentials, you beach baller.

:laugh:

Yhea, sure you do. I am sure you are a fantastic scout

cub_scout_sign_color.jpg

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Not every player loves it here though. There are plenty of guys who come here young, don't enjoy the NA lifestyle, and head back home.

Just playing devil's advocate.

I wonder if the Habs brass interviewed both Scherbak and Barbashev and decided that Scherbak was a safer pick in terms of wanting to stay in NA.

Living in a place as awful as Saskatchewan takes character. :sarcasm:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

For sure. Like the pick. I just meant that is the way it looks and so I think teams are scared away from Russians unless they look to quickly be top 6 players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad