GDT: 2014 NHL Draft - June 27 6pm CDT NBCSN & June 28 9am CDT NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Reading the latest from Russo... I'm glad he doesn't like taking goaltenders in the first round! He sees the position the same as I do mostly...

Most fans realize the folly of taking a first round goaltender. It's the one position that you can take in the later rounds and be fine.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I hope we steal Husso with our 3rd.

That would be nice. Although I've seen lots of people saying he might go in the 2nd.

If we trade back and pick up two 2nds, I expect the second 2nd rounder to be Husso.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Wow, lots more information in the first couple posts than when I peeked in last night. Thanks to everyone who will save me Google searches with each of the first 2-3 picks :handclap:

Draft night is always a good time. Wife is going to a chick flick with a friend and the kiddo will be off playing with grandpa and grandma.

Milano, Tuch, Larkin, Fiala or Barbashev at #18, please :D

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
I want Ho-Sang. The kid can score goals and that's what we need. You guys are taking the being too cocky and arrogant thing way over board. He's 18 years old. There's plenty of time for him to mature mentally and realize his attitude has to change if he's gonna play in this league.

We always talk about how we need to start scoring more goals, well in order to do that we need a player who knows how to score goals. Ho-Sang can do that.

Death of Rats

Jan 28, 2012
Blashyrkh
I want Ho-Sang. The kid can score goals and that's what we need. You guys are taking the being too cocky and arrogant thing way over board. He's 18 years old. There's plenty of time for him to mature mentally and realize his attitude has to change if he's gonna play in this league.

I don't know why but i can't shake the image of Pouliot and Sheppard from my mind when people talk about Ho-Sang.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
It was mentioned on the radio today, and I agreed with it. Why would the NHL hold the draft on a Friday? The talk radio/news cycle/water cooler stuff all Has to wait until Monday, where it'll must likely just be forgotten rather than talked about.

We're in the sports abyss, take advantage of that to get the league a little more air time, I'd have it on Thursday night of next week.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Tuch does sound like a CF/BF type of player but, might just be me, I feel like the duo actively look to diversify the prospect pool in terms of style of players.

So while Tuch is a Wild type of player, I feel as if we would steer away from what we already have and go for players we don't have, which is offensively minded forwards like Fiala and Milano (and to a certain extent Larkin). Those are my top picks :)

EDIT: Oh, and David Pastrnak.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota

We always talk about how we need to start scoring more goals, well in order to do that we need a player who knows how to score goals. Ho-Sang can do that.

I want Ho-Sang too, the Wild are in a position where we can take a risk looking for a home run.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Russo said on KFAN that the Fletcher and the Wild interviewed 20 prospects. Ho Sang was the one Wild interview that Fletcher didn't bother to attend. Could that be an indicator?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Russo said on KFAN that the Fletcher and the Wild interviewed 20 prospects. Ho Sang was the one Wild interview that Fletcher didn't bother to attend. Could that be an indicator?

I guess it could go either way, depending on the circumstances.

Part of me says that they wouldn't schedule an interview if Fletcher didn't plan on being present, so maybe it ended up conflicting with something else or an emergency. Another part of me says that of all 20 prospects, the prospect who has been so polarizing to different teams was the only interview that Fletcher didn't attend.

I'm leaning toward the latter.

Billy Mays Here*

Not expecting us to make any moves, but I'll be interested to see who we draft with our 1st round pick. Most excited to see all the possible trades between other teams and what Anaheim/Chicago will give up for either Spezza or Kesler. Gotta think Philly is going to make a big move too as the draft host team always makes a big trade at day one of the draft.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
What if a top defenseman like Fleury somehow falls into our lap? Would you pass on him and still go forward?

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
What if a top defenseman like Fleury somehow falls into our lap? Would you pass on him and still go forward?

Nope. Well, unless guys like Nick Ritchie or Ehlers somehow also fall. As much as we need forwards that can produce offense, Fleury, by all reports, is a level higher than Milano, Ho-Sang, and Larkin. Screw positional need.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Even if a guy like McCann would be available I would go for him over fleury

Predictions on the number of trades in round 1?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I have one wish for tonight. I don't want Gillies 2.0 or to trade any young people, other than Dumba. Otherwise, May the Force by with Jedi Master Brent Flahr tonight.

That's my biggest concern. Minnesota drafts a guy Larkin and doesn't develop him offensively, so we have another Coyle clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad