GDT: 2014 NHL Draft - June 27 6pm CDT NBCSN & June 28 9am CDT NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I appreciate your solid input but I do want to know the difference between swinging for the fences with defensemen compared to forwards.

Well, I believe what he's trying to say is, with the drafting of a highly offensive defenseman you are sacrificing the aspect a defenseman needs most, defense. Completely different for a forward. If they forego defense on a few play to put his team in a scoring position, that's fine. They should be drafting defense for their defense, offense for their offense. But they seem to be doing it more for a forwards defense. And if they are so into 2-way players, how the hell could they pass up Trouba? That's exactly what they've been drafting in their reign. Hell of a time to stop your motto and switch it up.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Who are the best defensemen in the game? The one's that are solid defensively while bringing offense. Shooting for the moon at either position is just as risky/rewarding as the other.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Exactly. They were happy with defense and the other happened to develop. Not ones that are offense, then happened to grow defense.

Offense for someone on defense is secondary, for offense on a forward, its primary.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Please do tell me the difference.

You know what, Victorious said it better than I could...

Furthermore and I forgot to point this out, taking a risk in the top 10 compared to the top 20 is also much different. In fact, you're suppose to be taking risks when you're at the bottom half of the draft.

Last edited:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
You know what, Victorious said it better than I could...

Furthermore and I forgot to point this out, taking a risk in the top 10 compared to the top 20 is also much different. In fact, you're suppose to be taking risks when you're at the bottom half of the draft.

Really? There's a rule on that? A team can draft however they please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad