2014 NHL Draft Discussion - Part V ** Isles-Keep 5th Pick**

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Been saying this all along, there shouldn't be any difficult decision to make. No need to overthink, when overthinking you miss the answer some times.

True, but not overthinking would have arguably been Filatov at #5 in '08, Rundblad at #12 in '09, McFarland at #30 in '10, etc.

Obviously it could go the other way, and you'll end up with a Nino over a Fowler, but I don't think staying exactly on the "expert" board guarantees us the best player.

I hope they have created their own board. If their top guy ends up being Dal Colle, great. If it's someone else whom no one is talking about, great. Either way, we'll get a blue-chip prospect. No way of knowing whether that prospect will be the right choice until a few years down the road.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Does anyone know of any good hockey bars in Manhattan that would likely be showing the draft? Audio of it would be a plus, but not a necessity.

Thanks!

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
True, but not overthinking would have arguably been Filatov at #5 in '08, Rundblad at #12 in '09, McFarland at #30 in '10, etc.

Obviously it could go the other way, and you'll end up with a Nino over a Fowler, but I don't think staying exactly on the "expert" board guarantees us the best player.

I hope they have created their own board. If their top guy ends up being Dal Colle, great. If it's someone else whom no one is talking about, great. Either way, we'll get a blue-chip prospect. No way of knowing whether that prospect will be the right choice until a few years down the road.

I have a bad case of it's the Islanders, fear the worst disease, should just relax and see what develops.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have a bad case of it's the Islanders, fear the worst disease, should just relax and see what develops.

I should get wasted before 7:00 so I won't care what happens. Down a bottle of blue (the smooth stuff) and I'll be all set. :)

Dal Colle or bust at this point. If I lose my cool, it'll be the whiskey talking.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I should get wasted before 7:00 so I won't care what happens. Down a bottle of blue (the smooth stuff) and I'll be all set. :)

Dal Colle or bust at this point. If I lose my cool, it'll be the whiskey talking.

If you REALLY want Dal Colle, a nice visit to the throne at around 7:20 should do the trick.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
Here is what we need to remember when/if we select at 5, it would be very difficult to make a "bad" pick right now. There really isn't a world of difference between the 4th best player and the 8th/9th range. Arguments could be made for and against every prospect in that area so lets just relax with the understanding we will be adding a very good prospect to our system.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

Might have to run to the store and get something, the strongest thing I have on hand is diet coke.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Here is what we need to remember when/if we select at 5, it would be very difficult to make a "bad" pick right now. There really isn't a world of difference between the 4th best player and the 8th/9th range. Arguments could be made for and against every prospect in that area so lets just relax with the understanding we will be adding a very good prospect to our system.

:handclap::handclap: Couldn't agree more. Ek and the Sams are tier 1 and I think there are 5 or 6 that are part of tier 2. Would be fantastic to get a tier 1 but I we are going to end up with a pretty good player no matter who we get (Garth, don't make me eat my words here)

gramatanboy

Aug 2, 2005
Westport
Would like to see the Isles draft MDC but I have a feeling that they will likely trade the pick (which I fear tremendously) or draft Ritchie who I have a bad feeling will turn out to be more of a good 3rd liner than a top 6 forward. I hope that I am wrong and by 7:45 tonight we should know who Garth and company really like!! I will also have a drink in hand, probably a Cisco Pale Ale or a New England Pilsner or maybe both depending how the night unfolds!!

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
Please just don't trade #5 for a gritty, heart-n-soul, lunchpail, you-can't-win-in-the-playoffs-without-em, good ol' Canadian, veteran grinder.

I have very low standards Garth. Just please no.

BroadwayJay*

I'm a blue drinker as well.

Only the best. :handclap:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Teddy Purcell, welcome aboard. :help:

Nyquist and Bishop went there too. Not sure if there's anyone else currently in the NHL.

5ee617d9_2whdlys.gif

:sarcasm: Just kidding, Nyquist finished higher than Tavares in the Hart voting.

confirmed here.. http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/hart.jpg

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Screw that. PW sit on the throne at 7 and pray Bennett gets passed over until the 5th. Do you have a Chipolte nearby?????

My bowels are still recuperating from the season, you guys are killing me. I will try right around 6:50 so I don't miss anything. Either that or I'll watch a stream on my tablet when our pick comes up. 7:20ish.

I'll have to pick up some queso and chips, that always does the trick for me.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I read this article this morning and I loved it.

I think blinkman might like it...

http://www.theoilersrig.com/2014/06/top-ten-draft-ranking/

The combo of attributes and production suggest that he should be in the hunt for that 5 spot, it's his size that has held him back this whole time.

Honestly though, while it's great to read stuff like this, all it's going to do is get my hopes up. I've started coming to terms with the fact that it's a long-shot for Snow to draft this kid. I do have a feeling that he'll go off the board, but there are a bunch of kids who fit that description. Would have to get lucky for it to end up being Fabbri, but if it is...

I'll be partying while the rest of you guys break things!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad