2014 NHL Draft Discussion - Part V ** Isles-Keep 5th Pick**

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadwayJay*

The combo of attributes and production suggest that he should be in the hunt for that 5 spot, it's his size that has held him back this whole time.

Honestly though, while it's great to read stuff like this, all it's going to do is get my hopes up. I've started coming to terms with the fact that it's a long-shot for Snow to draft this kid. I do have a feeling that he'll go off the board, but there are a bunch of kids who fit that description. Would have to get lucky for it to end up being Fabbri, but if it is...

I'll be partying while the rest of you guys break things!!!

I think 5 would be early for Fabbri because, as you know, I think there are 5, or more, better players.

However, he's your horse and you're riding him to the end.

At least you get a feeling of brief vindication as you read the article, which is always nice to have.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
My bowels are still recuperating from the season, you guys are killing me. I will try right around 6:50 so I don't miss anything. Either that or I'll watch a stream on my tablet when our pick comes up. 7:20ish.

Have you experienced better results with clean, quick BM's, or when they are painful and time consuming?

I only ask because the answer should determine what you should be eating right now.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Have you experienced better results with clean, quick BM's, or when they are painful and time consuming?

I only ask because the answer should determine what you should be eating right now.

LOL. Not to get graphic, but I have my tried and true method. Typically, the more I suffer... the better the result for us. :laugh:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I think 5 would be early for Fabbri because, as you know, I think there are 5, or more, better players.

However, he's your horse and you're riding him to the end.

At least you get a feeling of brief vindication as you read the article, which is always nice to have.

Yup, and truth be told I'll be happy with (mostly)anyone, and I'll obviously root for whoever we draft at 5. I will always be a Fabbs fan though, and will definitely follow him throughout his career(as long as he doesn't somehow end up a Rag, which should be all but impossible).

Best of luck to your boy Nylander. Certainly wouldn't be upset with him throwing on that Isles sweater tonight.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Calling it now

Some combo of 6thOA28thOA Sbisa Garisson to FLA for 1st overall

I think Sbisa is a precursor to Garrison being moved, I don't think they intend to flip him.

Also..

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 5m
Panthers GM Dale Tallon says he's got a couple decent offers but unless they improve between now and 7 pm ET, he's keeping the top pick

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
LOL. Not to get graphic, but I have my tried and true method. Typically, the more I suffer... the better the result for us. :laugh:

Well, I'd say you have your work cut out for you...

funny-gifs-big-poop.gif

BTW... if you do this and it ends up being Dal Colle - I will never underestimate the power of the "throne" ever again.

BroadwayJay*

Yup, and truth be told I'll be happy with (mostly)anyone, and I'll obviously root for whoever we draft at 5. I will always be a Fabbs fan though, and will definitely follow him throughout his career(as long as he doesn't somehow end up a Rag, which should be all but impossible).

Best of luck to your boy Nylander. Certainly wouldn't be upset with him throwing on that Isles sweater tonight.

I think we're in the zone where everyone should be putting their desired draftee in as their avatar.

I actually like Fabbri quite a bit.

MDC too.

Only a few guys would upset me.

If Bennett falls to us and we pass, I'll be throwing a pizza box out the window. I live quite a few floors up so I imagine some unfortunate sight-seer will suffer that wrath.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I think we're in the zone where everyone should be putting their desired draftee in as their avatar.

I actually like Fabbri quite a bit.

MDC too.

Only a few guys would upset me.

If Bennett falls to us and we pass, I'll be throwing a pizza box out the window. I live quite a few floors up so I imagine some unfortunate sight-seer will suffer that wrath.

If we pass on Bennett, I will find Snow and "Milbury" him with my shoe.

BroadwayJay*

If we pass on Bennett, I will find Snow and "Milbury" him with my shoe.

I will lose it if that happens.

Thankfully my wife is going out with some friends because she'd forbid me from watching any more drafts.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
That was three days ago!

Where you been?

im on edge between the NBA and NHL draft...

I like what Phil did for the Knicks though. I wanted Shabazz Napier or PJ Hairston but Im happy with Early...

Tonight is where the real nerve racking comes in...Hockey and the Isles will always be my number 1's....

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Anyone care to scrub together a quick GDT for the draft? I feel like the conversation is happening across multiple threads right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad