2014 Mock Draft By Team Board Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Hey Oiler Fans!

Saw this last year, and thought I'd get the ball rolling on this. The basics are that each team board will vote for what player will be selected by their team. Currently right now, Florida has a poll going for what player they would like to select with the 1st overall pick and it's overwhelmingly for Aaron Ekblad. Just did a poll on the Buffalo board, and with 61.5% of the vote, the board selected Sam Reinhart. So, I now pose the question to the Oilers board with the 3rd pick, who would you like to pick 3rd overall? At 11 PM tomorrow, the voting will end, and the selection will be locked in. We'll see how this goes and see what kind of an interesting all around mock draft comes out.

2014 Mock Draft by Team Board Vote Selection
  1. Florida: Aaron Ekblad (Defense) - 75% of total vote
  2. Buffalo: - Sam Reinhart (Center) - 61.59% of total vote
  3. Edmonton -

Last edited:

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Will more than likely end up Bennett.

He's beating Draisaitl 2 to 1 in the draft thread right now.

True. Wondered if some of those Reinhart votes would now swing it towards Draisaitl, but it looks like Bennett is still the choice

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Why Bennett? He's another small skilled player Edmonton does not need. I don't care if he hits in CHL, he's barely 6' 180 and will not match up against opposing centers in the division. At least with Draisaitl you get a big guy. Preferably you should trade the pick.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Why Bennett? He's another small skilled player Edmonton does not need. I don't care if he hits in CHL, he's barely 6' 180 and will not match up against opposing centers in the division. At least with Draisitl you get a big guy. Preferably you should trade the pick.

Sam Bennett is the type of player that's in your face like Steve Ott is.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Why Bennett? He's another small skilled player Edmonton does not need. I don't care if he hits in CHL, he's barely 6' 180 and will not match up against opposing centers in the division. At least with Draisaitl you get a big guy. Preferably you should trade the pick.

Edmonton is in no position to be trading away a Top 3 Pick.We aren't going to be winning anything any time soon.

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Sam Bennett is the type of player that's in your face like Steve Ott is.

Still doesn't matter, the Oilers need a big 2-way guy. I'm not even sure Draisaitl fills that need. IMO I think you guys should stop drafting and start competing, I was talking to a leaf fan recently and he said he'd be fine trading Phaneuf (salary retained), 8th OA, and Gauthier for the 3 OA. Could put Edmonton in a spot to draft Ritchie (a powerforward) or trade the pick.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Ugh.. how many times do we go through this? You cannot judge a players size at the draft unless it's obvious. We drafted Hall at the exact same size, Seguin was the same. They don't stay the same size, they grow and gain weight. Hall is 6'1 201, Seguin is 6'1 195 now.. Bennett has great work ethic and character.. his size is just fine.
Draisaitl is big, but Bennett plays bigger. On top of that, Draisaitl has many more question marks than Bennett. It's a safe pick and most people agree he has the best potential in the draft.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Still doesn't matter, the Oilers need a big 2-way guy. I'm not even sure Draisaitl fills that need. IMO I think you guys should stop drafting and start competing, I was talking to a leaf fan recently and he said he'd be fine trading Phaneuf (salary retained), 8th OA, and Gauthier for the 3 OA. Could put Edmonton in a spot to draft Ritchie (a powerforward) or trade the pick.

Big problem is

Draisaitl has the size over Sam Bennett but Sam Bennett is a much better two-way center than Draisaitl.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Why is there talk about this team needing to start competing?If it wasn't for Scrivens,we would have finished below the Sabres this season.That shows right there that this team isn't ready to compete for a long time.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Flip a coin between Bennett and Draisaitl. I will be content with either of them

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

I hope we draft one of these kids and either let them develop in the minors or bring in a capable number two center. I could see us moving Bennett/Draisaitl to the wing (ala MacKinnon) or have them centring a third line (ala Monahan in Calgary).

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Big problem is

Draisaitl has the size over Sam Bennett but Sam Bennett is a much better two-way center than Draisaitl.

And Draisaitl is probably a better offensive player than Bennett. It took Jumbo Joe a while before he bought in as well.

Oh and Draisaitl is already good enough defensively that his coach puts him out on the PK.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
And Draisaitl is probably a better offensive player than Bennett. It took Jumbo Joe a while before he bought in as well.

Oh and Draisaitl is already good enough defensively that his coach puts him out on the PK.

Argument can also be given that the WHL is a much easier league as the OHL does have much more competition.

There's a reason why Bennett is ahead of Draisaitl in all of the rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad