Speculation: 2014 Lightning RFAs: Re-sign or not?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
TyJo was the first restricted free agent to be re-signed in the 2014 Lightning off-season.

Yes = Will get re-signed and play for the Lightning
No = Will not get re-signed / will get traded

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
My list:

Yes to:
Panik
Killer
Brown
Palat
Shoestr
Barbs
Connolly
Paradis

No to:
Aulie
Lindback

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Anybody know Lindbacks intentions? If he wants to go back to Europe I'd qualify him so we hold his rights. Everybody but Aulie will be signed, sucks cause he wasn't bad when he played but he couldn't find any chemistry and had some injuries.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
If you believe Lindback's interviews from last season, he still believes he can be a starter in the NHL. Per Capgeek qualifying him will be $2,200,000. That's quite a bit.

Last edited:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
That's what I thought too. Aulie still has some trade value.

I thought there was a Rule that does not allow you to trade a resigned RFA in the same Summer. Or am I wrong with that one.

Do we need to sign a qualified RFA of he wants to he signed? Or could we qualify Aulie and try to trade his rights? What would Happen if we can find a partner to take him?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If you believe Lindback's interviews from last season, he still believes he can be a starter in the NHL. Per Capgeek qualifying him will be $2,200,000. That's quite a bit.

I'd only qualify him if he was going overseas where he doesn't count against the cap or a contract spot. If he wants to be in the NHL maybe Nashville will take him back or Trotz in Washington might have interest. Calgary might be interested in an expensive backup to help hit the floor who still has potential.

Can't see Aulie being wanted around the league that much where someone will give up a pick for him. He was available at the deadline and nobody offered anything so why now when he might be available for free? Jonathan Blum was highly rated at one point and nobody traded for his rights last year and he became a UFA.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'd only qualify him if he was going overseas where he doesn't count against the cap or a contract spot. If he wants to be in the NHL maybe Nashville will take him back or Trotz in Washington might have interest. Calgary might be interested in an expensive backup to help hit the floor who still has potential.

Can't see Aulie being wanted around the league that much where someone will give up a pick for him. He was available at the deadline and nobody offered anything so why now when he might be available for free? Jonathan Blum was highly rated at one point and nobody traded for his rights last year and he became a UFA.

agree/disagree

agree that he was put out there. agree that is not a huge want for him but think someone would offer a pick.

disagree cause trade deadline your looking for an impact person to make a run at playoffs and at start of year your looking to fill teams. The trade deadline is a rush so is harder to figure to me is a different ball game. I still like aulie myself wish he had been given more of an opportunity. Will be teams looking for a seventh d guy. I see him getting a 5th through 7th pick myself.

Stevie might just not tender him but I doubt that. Or I feel I would offer him a deal myself he is ok player.

An example would be PYATT If pyatt was rfa would tender him too. Even with all the bodies we have but he is ufa so that is why would let him go. Aulie has proven he can play in NHL he has some worth.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Yes to:
Panik
Killorn
Brown
Palat
Sustr
Barberio
Connolly
Paradis

No to:
Aulie
Lindback

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I thought there was a Rule that does not allow you to trade a resigned RFA in the same Summer. Or am I wrong with that one.

Do we need to sign a qualified RFA of he wants to he signed? Or could we qualify Aulie and try to trade his rights? What would Happen if we can find a partner to take him?

You might be right. I suppose trading his rights is the same thing anyway (maybe lesser value), so yeah, I'd rather go that route. At the very least, the guy has minor league value. But I can see him getting regular minutes with a couple of bottom-feeding teams.

I really hope we move him, not for us, but for him. Seemed like a good team guy who gave it his all whenever he got the opportunity. He's the type of guy I hope finds success wherever he goes.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
The only reason I see Aulie coming back is because he's big and has shown flashes of competence, you can't teach size afterall. But I think it's more likely Yzerman deals his rights for a low pick at the draft or just before it.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
What the heck, Coop?

Want to trade Killorn for some D help.

In my opinion, he isn't the player everyone makes him out to be. That being said, I'm betting he gets qualified, because he good enough to be so. But if a deal comes along that we trade him for D, I take it.

Last edited:

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Want to trade Killorn for some D help.

In my opinion, he isn't the player everyone makes him out to be. That being said, I'm betting he gets qualified, because he good enough to be so. But if a deal comes along that we trade him for D, I take it.

Fair enough.

I thought you just wanted to see him walk.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
The only discussion is for Aulie and Paradis, for everyone else it is a landslide one way or the other.
I voted to keep Aulie as I think he still has some upside.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Best of luck to Walker.
The organization treated him like garbage while he was here in Syracuse. He tried to play with the injury while the organziation was worshiping the ice the Golden Children skated on even when they failed to play to the level the should have. I should add WHEN they even played instead of missing time due to mysterious ailments.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Best of luck to Walker.
The organization treated him like garbage while he was here in Syracuse. He tried to play with the injury while the organziation was worshiping the ice the Golden Children skated on even when they failed to play to the level the should have. I should add WHEN they even played instead of missing time due to mysterious ailments.

Please, no player was treated like garbage. :whatever:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad