Speculation: 2014 Lightning RFAs: Re-sign or not?

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Unless SFY has a backup stashed somewhere then re-sign them all.

D depth is always a good thing to have, Aulie is still serviceable as #7 dman. Until we are loaded on D I don't see any point in just throwing away serviceable dmen.

Lindback has a steep price tag for his performance, but no one else will be ready to play backup straight out the gate. I'd rather have the known quantity as backup unless SFY has someone in mind that will definitely perform.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Unless SFY has a backup stashed somewhere then re-sign them all.

D depth is always a good thing to have, Aulie is still serviceable as #7 dman. Until we are loaded on D I don't see any point in just throwing away serviceable dmen.

Lindback has a steep price tag for his performance, but no one else will be ready to play backup straight out the gate. I'd rather have the known quantity as backup unless SFY has someone in mind that will definitely perform.

I'm pretty sure I would try almost any goalie in the system over Lindback at this point. And we could sign a UFA cheaper. As long as a goalie is remotely NHL quality, I trust him more than Lindback.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I'm pretty sure I would try almost any goalie in the system over Lindback at this point. And we could sign a UFA cheaper. As long as a goalie is remotely NHL quality, I trust him more than Lindback.

This. I get that Lindback may have great potential, but it won't be realized in Tampa Bay. Not with the way things went last season and not with our system and goalie "coach". This time last year having a tandem fight it out for #1 made sense. Now it's pretty clear Bishop won, so all we're looking for is a reliable backup for him while Russian Jesus and GODlevskis get time in the 'Cuse. Lindback is neither reliable nor does he want to be a backup.

Heck, I'd bring in someone like Peters for cheap before qualifying Lindy.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I cannot see us qualifying lindback what 2.2 million are you kidding me? IN WHAT UNIVERSE DOES THAT HAPPEN?

I like lindback he lost the kids or the team unfortunately we have no way to send him to ahl which is what is needed. Even if we have the money which we might I just don't see it. I wouldn't offer him anything and if I was him no way I take 600 k and that is worst case scenario better to go back overseas.

Maybe someone picks him up I hope so for him. I think he can still work out just wont be in Tampa.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We aren't qualify Lindback unless he's going back to Europe but someone said the other day he wanted to stay in NA and be a starter. His rights will be hard to trade because off the qualifying offer that it would require unless a floor team is looking for an expensive backup.

I know if he doesn't get qualified he becomes a UFA. Im not sure what kind of deal he's looking for but I can see us talking to him about taking a discount at around 1mil with no NHL guarantee but he can battle Vasilevskiy and Gudlevskis for the backup spot, if he loses out he goes to Syracuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad