2014 LA Kings Draft Thread

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Here's a nugget that is draft-related but is not thread-worthy.

I was watching the Drew Doughty pick in 2008, thought it was funny again since that irritating draft announcer asked Drew only a short question then asked Dean Lombardi two questions including a long question about a later pick.

Then I somehow wound up on the 1991 draft, the Lindros one, and saw the Sharks pick Pat Falloon at #2. As Falloon walks by the Sharks table, Lombardi on the Sharks shakes his hand. Then I see Lou Lamierello pick Scott Niedermayer right after, lol. Bet Dean remembers that pick (even though I don't think he was GM yet).

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

I was watching the Drew Doughty pick in 2008, thought it was funny again since that irritating draft announcer asked Drew only a short question then asked Dean Lombardi two questions including a long question about a later pick.

Then I somehow wound up on the 1991 draft, the Lindros one, and saw the Sharks pick Pat Falloon at #2. As Falloon walks by the Sharks table, Lombardi on the Sharks shakes his hand. Then I see Lou Lamierello pick Scott Niedermayer right after, lol. Bet Dean remembers that pick (even though I don't think he was GM yet).

:amazed:

Vid?

Kingjordan

Jun 29, 2008
Anyone know if we have a 2nd round pick? I know we traded pick to Columbus but didn't we pick up Buffalo's 2nd?

Jun 30, 2006

Jack Fererra (sp?) was GM at the time for the Sharks and Dean worked under him. I'm sure they learned a big lesson on that Falloon selection. Perhaps why they were so locked in on Hickey in the 2007 draft.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
jason i was wondering what you thought of ryan macinnis? any shot at dropping to 60 for us ? or us going to him at 29? At 6 3 185 seems to fit in the kings size and 200 foot game to me Anyone else that wants to answer feel free to

I don't rule anything out with Lombardi. Maybe they reach for him at 29, but if he doesn't go then I don't think he hangs around until 60. Possibly we trade up if he is still available at a certain point in the 2nd.

This draft is going to be pretty crazy from a projection standpoint. I haven't seen a first three rounds this equal in talent in a long time. Whether it's good talent or average talent remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen if the players stay that even as they progress.

Still, it's super even as it stands today. Going to see a few off the board picks for sure.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Based on some posts on here from TG, it would seem the Kings either trade up to
get Kempe (or Honka or Larkin? my call) or draft one of: McKeown, Quenneville or Lemieux.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
My Predictions..

1 Panthers Ekblad
2 Sabers Bennett
3 Oilers Draisaitl
4 Flames Reinhart
5 Islanders Dal Colle
6 Canucks Ritchie
7 Hurricanes Vartanen
8 Leafs Perlini
9 Jets Fleury
10 Ducks Tuch
11 Preadators Nylander
12 Coyotes Kapanen
13 Capitals Honka
14 Stars McCann
15 Redwings Ehlers
16 Blue Jackets DeAngelo
17 Flyers Larkin
18 Wild Fiala
19 Lightning Vrana
20 Sharks Scherbak
21 Blues MacInnis
22 Penguins Milano
23 Avalanche Dougherty
24 Ducks Kempe
25 Bruins Demko
26 Canadiens Goldobin
27 Blackhawks Barbashav
28 Lightning Lemieux
29 Kings McKeown
30 Devils Ho Sang

Thoughts?

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
24 is now with the Canucks. For Boston I can't see them picking up Demko, they already picked Subban recently in Round 1 and of course there's Rask

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Is he worth that?

who knows. Jordan Nolan is a decent winger and is way better than Parros or Westgarth
by 10 miles...and they both got crazy returns.

the scouts were banging the table last year to get to Zykov and DL had a bunch of picks to deal to move up to that slot. This year, he doesn't have a bunch of picks to deal, but some assets
like: Nolan, Vey, or even Lewis or Dwight King to use to trade up.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
who knows. Jordan Nolan is a decent winger and is way better than Parros or Westgarth
by 10 miles...and they both got crazy returns.

the scouts were banging the table last year to get to Zykov and DL had a bunch of picks to deal to move up to that slot. This year, he doesn't have a bunch of picks to deal, but some assets
like: Nolan, Vey, or even Lewis or Dwight King to use to trade up.

He wont move Lewis or King.

Vey and Nolan are likely candidates to move tho.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Scouting Report for HF.jpg

I am having a tough time loading my scouting report(s) for this years draft. I have decided to add the actual scouting sheets used to determine their rankings throughout the year (the ones submitted to CSS). I have made a sample attachment of one of them and left it blank as I understand that there could be some toes stepped on if the information provided within each document was provided in whole. Since I can't get a straight forward answer on my end as to what is and isn't kosher to include I thought I would put up a copy of one of the forms if anyone cares to see the details of one of the methods used to rank each player on the list in regards to their perceived strengths and weaknesses. So just for fun one of the forward sheets is attached. I hope it opens.

There are sheets for each position (Forward Defenseman and Goaltender) and each report has this standard information as well as other sheets for listing individual game stats and other notes etc.

I will post my top 60 below and will put up a one sheet on each player with details as soon as I can.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I don't rule anything out with Lombardi. Maybe they reach for him at 29, but if he doesn't go then I don't think he hangs around until 60. Possibly we trade up if he is still available at a certain point in the 2nd.

This draft is going to be pretty crazy from a projection standpoint. I haven't seen a first three rounds this equal in talent in a long time. Whether it's good talent or average talent remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen if the players stay that even as they progress.

Still, it's super even as it stands today. Going to see a few off the board picks for sure.

Thank s for the answer I wasn't sure what to think and wanted a second opinion. I think ( and please correct me if I'm wrong) that you said we could use some big centers in the system and at 6'3 he would fit. Plus i seem to always read hes a 200 foot player or has good defensive upside which should appeal to the kings

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
View attachment 74755

I am having a tough time loading my scouting report(s) for this years draft. I have decided to add the actual scouting sheets used to determine their rankings throughout the year (the ones submitted to CSS). I have made a sample attachment of one of them and left it blank as I understand that there could be some toes stepped on if the information provided within each document was provided in whole. Since I can't get a straight forward answer on my end as to what is and isn't kosher to include I thought I would put up a copy of one of the forms if anyone cares to see the details of one of the methods used to rank each player on the list in regards to their perceived strengths and weaknesses. So just for fun one of the forward sheets is attached. I hope it opens.

There are sheets for each position (Forward Defenseman and Goaltender) and each report has this standard information as well as other sheets for listing individual game stats and other notes etc.

I will post my top 60 below and will put up a one sheet on each player with details as soon as I can.

Looking forward to seeing this tg thank in advance

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
View attachment 74755

This is really cool! I imagine there's more detail on the back end but a good way to provide an overview of each guy (for example, I can't imagine players would get pigeonholed into 5 broad categories without further explanation).

Lol'ed at N/A being a possible ranking, though...0 for character for Ho-Sang :sarcasm:

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
This is really cool! I imagine there's more detail on the back end but a good way to provide an overview of each guy (for example, I can't imagine players would get pigeonholed into 5 broad categories without further explanation).

Lol'ed at N/A being a possible ranking, though...0 for character for Ho-Sang :sarcasm:

The notes page is where the character issues are discussed and the words Jackass and Primadonna are the most often used for a number of kids every year. Most often used negative descriptive word?

Hoser. Sounds funny but its absolutely true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad