2014 LA Kings Draft Thread

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Looks like we could have 2 2nd's this year. This came from lakings.com. Article was published today.

And one final note involving the Kings. LA could end up with Toronto's second round pick. The Kings acquired the choice in the June 2013 trade that sent Jonathan Bernier to Toronto. The Leafs have the choice of giving up their second rounder in either 2014 or 2015.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=723874

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Thanks a lot buddy! Much appreciated. Where's your mock pick at? I surely must have missed it in here somewhere.

I haven't participated in any mocks, and I haven't watched enough of all the prospects I wanted to make a good list.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Thanks a lot buddy! Much appreciated. Where's your mock pick at? I surely must have missed it in here somewhere.

jason i was wondering what you thought of ryan macinnis? any shot at dropping to 60 for us ? or us going to him at 29? At 6 3 185 seems to fit in the kings size and 200 foot game to me Anyone else that wants to answer feel free to

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's the player I would like to see the Kings land, however, it looks like for that to be a reality, the Kings would have to move up to the 15-20 range to select him. He'll probably be long gone by the time it is the Kings' turn.

I think if he's our guy we make a move on it. Wouldn't be shocked to see a few prospects/picks get bounced around at the draft. Have to imagine our team is working to get an additional 2nd-4th rounder or two.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I think if he's our guy we make a move on it. Wouldn't be shocked to see a few prospects/picks get bounced around at the draft. Have to imagine our team is working to get an additional 2nd-4th rounder or two.

I would try and move Nolan at the draft for a pick. We'll see. Need some room for more skilled players. Most (not all) teams are moving away from the staged fights enforcer era. That would be my only worry.

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
I would try and move Nolan at the draft for a pick. We'll see. Need some room for more skilled players. Most (not all) teams are moving away from the staged fights enforcer era. That would be my only worry.

Jordan Nolan put up 6 goals to go along with 4 assists, so he's not necessarily just a meat pounding goon.

Kevin Westgarth brought back a 4th and 6th so maybe we can ship him over to Pittsburgh where Jim Rutheford has relocated to so he can cough up some tasty picks again. :)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Jordan Nolan put up 6 goals to go along with 4 assists, so he's not necessarily just a meat pounding goon.

Kevin Westgarth brought back a 4th and 6th so maybe we can ship him over to Pittsburgh where Jim Rutheford has relocated to so he can cough up some tasty picks again. :)

Hell, with the wingers the Pens have, Nolan would play with Crosby at some point and put up double digit goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad