Injury Report: 2014 Injury Updates | Malkin Skates and Lives To Tell the Tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Can you even send Scuderi to the minors? His NTC/NMC may make him not able to be sent down without his consent. I don't think sending Scuderi down right now is feasible. If Scuderi would be claimed off of waivers, would we have any of his cap on us for this year?

I forgot about that NMC. What a joke.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Have Scuderi not play like ass for a stretch and trade him to whoever will take him without us retaining anything.

What if he doesn't get claimed though? Even if we send him to the AHL, we only save $900,000. Calling up Samuelsson lowers that to $350,000. They could say Dupuis is still hurt and put him on LTIR, but I don't think they would do that. Maatta being ready for camp throws a wrench in the plans to start the year.

It's $375,000, no? Anyway, it's not a lot and it's not ideal, but it's still cheaper. That cap space saved is enough to have a 23 man roster with the right guys called up. Samuelsson called up and a 21 man roster with father time on the roster leaves something around 1.3M in space.

penguins2946*

It's $375,000, no? Anyway, it's not a lot and it's not ideal, but it's still cheaper. That cap space saved is enough to have a 23 man roster with the right guys called up. Samuelsson called up and a 21 man roster with father time on the roster leaves something around 1.3M in space.

It's also an issue of I don't think we can send Scuderi to the AHL due to his NMC.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I didn't read the opening post properly and thought Maatta was out for another 4 months!

penguins2946*

I don't think he has an NMC...? **** Shero if he does.

There's a limited NMC, but I don't know the extent of that. I'm assuming it includes him not being able to be sent to the minors.

penguins2946*

Not according to capgeek. Modified NTC: yes. NMC: no.

From the thread from when he was signed, the comments there said he had a modified NMC. I'm pretty sure I remember reading that he had a NMC when he was signed as well, but that may have been Dupuis. I hope I'm wrong here.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
News for Geno and for Bennett? Both cleared for full practice or? Thanks :)

Bennett's out for another 5 months after breaking his ankle (he's going for all four limbs).

Geno's dead, I think. Nothing official has been released yet but that's the prevailing theory.

Did I do it right?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
TSN tonight reported Sid and Geno are being held out of training camp because of undisclosed injuries, considered in the day to day variety.

Seriously? Jesus.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Dejan tweeted that Sid will practice tomorrow and that he was held out today because of the sprints. (Sorry I can't link because I'm on my phone).

He did practice with the team for about 45 mins so that's good news.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Training Camp | Day 2 Updates

Crosby practiced with 'Team A' for about an hour www.penguins.nhl.com

Crosby agrees that he skated hard and hopes to practice again Saturday. Said decision to skate was made this morning. @MolinariPG

Penguins captain Sidney Crosby was expected to be unavailable for the first on-ice practice of training camp Friday morning at CONSOL Energy Center due to an undisclosed injury.

But that plan changed when he met with head athletic trainer Chris Stewart in the morning.

“I talked to ‘Stew’ and he said he was comfortable with me going out there for a little bit,” Crosby said. “I was happy to hear that.”

Crosby didn’t skate in the entire practice, something that was preplanned by the team. He worked for about an hour at full speed before leaving the ice.

“(Stewart) wanted me to go out for just a certain period of time,” Crosby said. “It started getting pretty intense at the end, so I just had to wrap.” Full Article

[NHL]631072[/NHL]

Zlobin practiced with 'Team B' www.penguins.nhl.com

More good news. Maatta, who was supposed to wear a red limited-contact jersey today, is NOT. Going full contact #Pens -SK @PensInsideScoop

Bennett - as a right winger - getting some work on a line with Sutter and Downie in a drill. @emptynetters

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Crosby probably injured himself when he delivered those seasons tickets and played road hockey with the family's kids. That rubber ball hockey ball is pretty damn hard!

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Not that I think he had a chance at making the team, but it looks like Drazenovic is injured.

Dave Molinari
‏@MolinariPG Injured D Derrick Pouliot, C Nick Drazenovic are working out on ice at Consol Enery Center. First drills of camp are to begin in 40 minutes. (Source)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad