GDT: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy - Shot Gun start at 12:00 PM est

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
crickets.gif

Expect this from a Bruins perspective...

Maybe something in the trade market is done.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Maybe something in the trade market is done.

Pehaps.

I just can't see Chia doing totally nothing, that would be too negligent considering the cap situation.

Hell if he has to, saddle a first round pick and beg someone to take Kelly off your hands, like Florida. Lord knows they have the room.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I would suspect Chia will sit back and wait to see whose left on the scrap heap. Like an episode of American Pickers

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It looks like the Wild are preparing to spend a lot of money tomorrow. I wonder how long it will take Vanek to sign there.
Wild have to be careful this off season because they have 6 RFA's next season and they are key guys for them:

Charlie Coyle
Mikael Granlund
Erik Haula
Marco Scandella
Christian Folin
Jonas Brodin

nycpunk1

Jan 9, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Thought so. The idea that he'll accept a trade to a non contender has to stop. It won't happen. But a contender might see him as a valuable player in a cup run. Let's hope!

Read an interesting point in the Globe about Kelly's incentive for a trade-- he's clearly been supplanted on the 3rd line at center (Soderberg), with another kid breathing down his neck (Spooner). Moving, even to a non-contender, gives him a chance to re-establish himself at center. Not sure how much I buy that.

Anyone have any ideas what teams might be on his "OK" list?

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Looks like we are going to lose Iginla. Probably can't afford anyone else...

No wonder we qualified Caron. Unless a trade happens to free up space, we are screwed.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Looks like we are going to lose Iginla. Probably can't afford anyone else...

No wonder we qualified Caron. Unless a trade happens to free up space, we are screwed.

Chia's a great GM, but him giving out a lot of money & years to players who don't deserve it, screwed us. I know we all got attached to the 11' cup crew, but we should of reloaded then, and now we can't.

These contracts are killing us. And I don't see any indication we will be players today. I'm scared ;)

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
@TSNBobMcKenzie 6s
DAL trades Alec Chiasson, Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and 2nd round pick in 2015 to OTT for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson. #TSN

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
TSNBobMcKenzie: DAL trades Alec Chiasson, Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and 2nd round pick in 2015 to OTT for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson. #TSN

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Bring in good second line center, still not good enough to be best team in division.

The Central is crazy stacked. It's insane.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Is there a better way to get a top line player though?

(obviously not talking from a Bruins perspective here)

If it is someone like Crosby [much as I despise him] you open the vault. Someone like Dion Phaneuf you don't.

I should have been more clear- nothing has ever stopped a GM from throwing huge money at the wrong player thinking he was the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad