1. Parks
2. Morin
3. Gostisbehere
4. Laughton
5. Sanheim

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Parks isn't a bad player. In the Frozen four tourney he was as good as anyone on North Dakota. In North Dakota's lineup they have other draft picks: Rocco Grimaldi (33rd overall, 2011) Jordan Schmaltz (25th overall, 2012). They have over a dozen draft picks on their roster last year. Those two were just some higher profile guys.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
sanheim

by a country mile.

for us to have this guy as #4 prospect, shows this organization is gonna build a war chest. a wisely built war chest, that should net us the big silver cup. man we have waited long enough.

sanheim has crazy upside. but i am from missouri, show me and i will believe you. i am looking forward to watching this guys 14-15 season with the hitmen and our wjc team.

going to go hagg, then stolie the goalie with my next votes.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Yeah I have to agree with OP here, goalies tend to not do real well in these things unless they're really polished (which Stolarz isn't at the moment). The unpredictability with the position really hurt them. I do think he ends up taking the #6 spot though.

Hagg has good upside, further along in his developement, & plays a premium position as well.

Niko Hovinen (and Markstrom) should be a lesson to everyone in these sorts of polls. Goalies pretty much don't exist to me until I see them at the NHL level.

Last edited:

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
I would go Hagg, Stolarz, AK, Akeson (really pushing being a prospect honestly), Alt. After that is hard because I like a few players including Lindbolm (who I really like), Straka, Friedman, Leier, and the forgotten man Cousins (who had an iffy AHL year but still has potential).

I will also be pushing for Willcox for top 15. Really like how that kid plays. Playing a crap ton of minutes in the NCAA. Gets fully relied on.

For me Cousins barely makes my top 15 anymore. I am starting to question his comittment to the game which is a big deal at this level.
My personal 11 through 15-Willcox, Lindbolm, Parks, Straka, Cousins.
Even after 15 we have guys that I still like- Fazleev, Leier, Friedman, VV and Lauridsen round out my top 20.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
I feel like Taylor Leier is being overlooked a little. I know management is very high on him, and he's probably closer to NHL ready than anybody taken in this most recent draft, if that's taken into consideration at all.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
For me Cousins barely makes my top 15 anymore. I am starting to question his comittment to the game which is a big deal at this level.
My personal 11 through 15-Willcox, Lindbolm, Parks, Straka, Cousins.
Even after 15 we have guys that I still like- Fazleev, Leier, Friedman, VV and Lauridsen round out my top 20.

Leier is top 10, easily. He has a decent shot at being a semi-versatile bottom 6 winger. Also, Friedman is a much better prospect than you're saying.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Leier is top 10, easily. He has a decent shot at being a semi-versatile bottom 6 winger. Also, Friedman is a much better prospect than you're saying.

Well I see him in the 10 spot ish but easily is pushing it alittle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad