Prospect Info: 2014 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selyanin

#StammerTime
May 2, 2014
The North
Al Murray said this is a winger's draft so I think we'll be drafting Barbashev at 19 if he's still available. I have no idea who we draft at 28 but I'm predicting it's a winger and then we'll draft d-man in 2nd.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm in the Barbashev/Sanheim boat. I just have a sneaking suspicion that at least one team will fall in love with Barbashev and snatch him up before he falls to us. He seems like that type of player.

But could you imagine Barberio and Barbashev on the same team? We could grow their hair out and call them the Barbie Twins. We could have a special pink zamboni they could ride around in. To say nothing of the prosthetic boobs.

BacklundtoBartschi*

Hey guys. I know Tampa has no fear with Russian players, how likely is it that you take Kamenev at 28?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I asked about kamenev and other russian etc.. who is coming out next year and if we should take at 28. I feel knowing stevie he is on radar. His style is def good for nhl and he is very physical good faceoff guy. He is the type we need for lower lines down the road after we have everything set with upper lines etc.. Very safe pick at 28 imho.

Some playmaking ability very solid 3rd fourth line player with second line upside who will play gritty and tough for you and very smart etc..

I would love to have him but think hope we have other options like sanheim or honka and go that route now if he is still there in second round? take him PLEASE.

i would like maybe on guy pettersson over him in second round but not sure. depends on first two picks if we take a forward d etc..

so it all depends how it works out. the draft. I like kamenev though only saw him in hlinka.

jayslightning79

@jayslightning79
Aug 22, 2013
Moncton NB
I'm in the Barbashev/Sanheim boat. I just have a sneaking suspicion that at least one team will fall in love with Barbashev and snatch him up before he falls to us. He seems like that type of player.

But could you imagine Barberio and Barbashev on the same team? We could grow their hair out and call them the Barbie Twins. We could have a special pink zamboni they could ride around in. To say nothing of the prosthetic boobs.

Fun fact: Both guys played for Moncton Wildcats.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
If we pick up a Fwd with the 2nd pick, I want Ryan MacInnis.

I don't know much about MacInnis, but I think Q could be a really good 3rd line center for us if he develops the right way. Also, his younger brother David is a stud RH PMD (2016 eligible, think PK Subban-lite), so I've been hoping we can get the Q connection going on in TB in a few years.

jayslightning79

@jayslightning79
Aug 22, 2013
Moncton NB
I don't know much about MacInnis, but I think Q could be a really good 3rd line center for us if he develops the right way. Also, his younger brother David is a stud RH PMD (2016 eligible, think PK Subban-lite), so I've been hoping we can get the Q connection going on in TB in a few years.

Big PF type guy, has some decent hands, probably projects as a 2nd liner. Has a wicked shot, some say he has his father's slapshot. Could develop as an offensive PF-type player. Obviously a project though, could work on skating, and agility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXFS9deLZE

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Big PF type guy, has some decent hands, probably projects as a 2nd liner. Has a wicked shot, some say he has his father's slapshot. Could develop as an offensive PF-type player. Obviously a project though, could work on skating, and agility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXFS9deLZE

I see why you'd want him. We don't have many like him, and I think he could develop well in Syracuse.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Nine Possible Draft Picks for the #TBLightning at the #NHLDraft. [READ] http://goo.gl/A3V8BS

9 POSSIBLE PICKS FOR THE LIGHTNING AT THE 2014 NHL DRAFT
Monday, 06.23.2014 / 4:56 PM / News
By Missy Zielinski - Lightning Beat Reporter

The Lightning hold two picks (Nos. 19 and 28) in the first round of the NHL Entry Draft, which will be held June 27 in Philadelphia. Lightning beat reporter Missy Zielinski looks at nine prospects who could be good fits for the Bolts.

1. ALEX TUCH, C/RW, USA U-18 (USHL)
Projected selection: No. 19
Tuch, 18, was third on the U.S. National Under-18 team for points with 32 (13 goals, 19 assists) during the 2013-14 season. At 6-foot-3, 213-pounds, Tuch has an NHL body and the potential to be a skilled power forward, as he learns to use his body.
2. SONNY MILANO, LW, USA U-18 (USHL)
Milano skated alongside fellow 2014 draft prospect Alex Tuch on the U.S. National Under-18 team’s top line in 2013-14, amassing 39 points (14 goals, 25 assists) in 25 games, good for second on the team. The 18-year-old has the ability to be dynamic offensively and was tied for third for scoring with 10 points in seven games at the World Juniors under-18 tournament.
3. JULIUS HONKA, D, SWIFT CURRENT BRONCOS (WHL)
Honka, 18, led all defensemen on Swift Current during the 2013-14 season with 56 points (16 goals, 40 assists) to go along with a plus-10 rating in 62 games played. The blueliner, who is a tad smaller in stature for a defenseman at 5-foot-10, 180-pounds, also was a member of Finland’s Gold-medal World Junior Championship team.
4. JAKUB VRANA, LW/RW, LINKOPING (SWE)
Interestingly enough, Vrana left his native home of the Czech Republic at 15 to play in Sweden and has found his way in the Swedish Hockey League. Vrana, 18, was expected to play more with the men’s team this year, but instead split his time between teams. The skilled forward also represented the Czech Republic at the 2014 World Junior Championship, collecting one goal and one assist in five games.
5. TRAVIS SANHEIM, D, CALGARY HITMEN (WHL)
Projected selection: No. 28
Much like defenseman, Andrej Sustr, dependability, confidence and poise with the puck are all qualities attributed to Travis Sanheim. Sanheim, 18, played in the World Juniors Under-18 tournament and notched six assists in six games to lead all defensemen in scoring.
6. ROLAND MCKEOWN, D, KINGSTON FRONTENACS (OHL)
Roland McKeown has the ability to be a Top-four defenseman in the league and can play in all situations, as he logged big minutes during the 2013-14 season. In 62 games this year with the Kingston Frontenacs, he collected 11 goals and 32 assists for 43 points to go along with a plus-38 rating.
7. ANTHONY DEANGELO, D, SARNIA STING (OHL)
Anthony DeAngelo was the top goal scorer among defensemen in the OHL with 15 goals and also had 56 assists, good for second on the Sting for points (71). With the 18-year-old being suspended twice this season, his ability to control his emotions on the ice will be something the scouts will have to think about.
8. THATCHER DEMKO, G, BOSTON COLLEGE (H-EAST)
As a true freshman at his dream school of Boston College, Demko proved himself early and took over as the starter for the Eagles. Demko, 18, posted a 16-5-3 record, 2.24 goals-against average and .919 save percentage, as he led BC to the NCAA Frozen Four. Demko is now expected to battle for the starter role for Team USA at the World Junior Championship. The Lightning have a lot of young goaltending depth, so they would have to think very highly of Demko to select him with one of their two first round picks.
9. CONNER BLEACKLEY, C, RED DEER REBELS (WHL)
Already expressing how big of a fan they are of forward Ryan Callahan’s in-the-paint play, Conner Bleackley’s style may raise eyebrows of Lightning scouts. A captain at the age of 18, Bleackley is a hard worker, who often plays in the dirty areas of the ice. He was also on nearly a point-per-game pace in 2013-14 with 68 points (29 goals, 39 assists) in 71 games with Red Deer.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Tuned in at about 5 after. Must have missed him.

didnt miss it dont think he is there yet im running around but was on at 5:00 till like 5:02 now is 5:21 and nothing yet? been on since like 4:40 actually had to turn off to take business call for a minute or mute at 5:02 or 5:03 so is weird

So not sure what is going on. No mention either arghhh of stevie wth. hehe

update finally

WDAE 620 AM/95.3 FM ‏@620wdae 12s
@BigDogwdae continues live from Philadelphia. #Bolts GM Steve Yzerman will join him coming up in this hour! http://620wdae.com/listen

guess stevie is running late? be on by 6pm? is worth waiting for I have to leave town not sure when ride is coming so get into the studio stevie and sell a car in next like 5 - 10 minutes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad