2014 Draft Thread – Part Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Too bad Paul Holmgrem isn't Columbus' GM. He would trade in Johansen for a newer toy in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Not happy with the way Tallon is talking about the #1 pick. I hope he is just blowing smoke and posturing but I have a feeling Vancouver will trade up to #1 and take Reinhart :shakehead

Hell, I'd give Tallon #61 to swap spots, kind of like the trade with LA back in 08 we did switching one spot and writing the name of the player we wanted to draft... We give them #61 and #2, we get the prestige of getting the 3rd #1 pick in franchise history, we are able to draft Reinhart 1st overall, Florida still gets their guy in Ekblad along with a decent pick for pretty much nothing and everyone is happy.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Slick draft prospect Sam Reinhart could be sure thing for Sabres with top pick
If they keep the No. 1 pick, the Florida Panthers are expected to grab stud defenseman Aaron Ekblad. That would leave the Sabres with their choice of a top center. Murray said last week there’s “a very good chance†the Sabres will take Sam Bennett, Leon Draisaitl or Sam Reinhart, the best pivots available.

It’s believed the Sabres want Reinhart, a superstar with the Western Hockey League’s Kootenay Ice and the No. 3 prospect among North America skaters, according to NHL Central Scouting.

Talk to scouts and others in hockey, and they’ll say the 18-year-old possesses the qualities – leadership, maturity, immense skill and an all-around game – of a future franchise center.

Kootenay coach Ryan McGill doesn’t “wish and hope†Reinhart, his captain, will enjoy NHL success.

“I know he will,†McGill told the Times Herald by phone last week.

McGill understands Reinhart’s an NHL-ready prospect. His junior days are likely over.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Do you think he plays here if we draft him? Could make for a fun year, but I thought the consensus was that none of these prospects were completely ready besides maybe Ekblad.

I think he plays 9 games and goes back to juniors.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Do you think he plays here if we draft him? Could make for a fun year, but I thought the consensus was that none of these prospects were completely ready besides maybe Ekblad.

I wouldn't play him. No sense in wasting a year off his ELC during a lost season or putting him such a negative situation. Let the kid tear up the WHL and bring him in when the team decides to head toward the light.

JTyler48

Jan 26, 2014
So what are you guys more excited for?

Seeing who we draft?

Trades that are likely to happen?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

He will get at least the 9 game tryout and then a decision will have to be made. But I do not want them to already have their mind set before he even plays that he will be sent back right after the 9 game tryout. If whoever we draft at 2 comes in the first 9 games and is one of the best skaters on the Sabres then they need to keep them on the big club. I think Reinhart will be ready for the big show this upcoming year. He has been on Kootenay for 4 years now including 3 full seasons which were all ppg or near ppg seasons. He also is a late 95 so I think he is more ready then the other top prospects aside from maybe Ekblad. I mean if he was born less then 2 months before then he would have been eligible for last years draft.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Order of excitement:

-Drafting a potential franchise center
-Getting back into the first round
-Potentially dealing Ehrhoff, Stewart, or Stafford for good futures. Will be disappointed by dealing almost anyone else unless it's for a big overpayment (or, for some reason, someone wants to trade for our trash).

All of that could happen tomorrow! But even if just the first one does, no big deal. I'm still on the Brainfart for Reinhart train, although if #3 is available....

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
So what are you guys more excited for?

Seeing who we draft?

Trades that are likely to happen?

Obviously most excited about the player what we get at 2, but I'll be what happy with whoever we'll get. So I'm actually more looking forward to the potential trade back up into the 1st round because we could get a player we aren't expecting.

ZeroPT*

Since it's going on at the main prospects board, bold predictions?

-Dal Colle slides
-7 total trades
-record setting run on forwards happens
-two players ranked in the 40-50 range go in the first round
-Ehlers slides to nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad