2014 Draft Thread – Part Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
@BuffNewsVogl: Top prospects Michael Dal Colle and Jake Virtanen say if they were picking first, they'd draft Aaron Ekblad.

This just makes me more relieved that if god forbid another team leap frogs us and trades up to #1 and takes Reinhart that we will still be able to add a stud prospect in Ekblad.I just have a gut feeling that our pick is whoever is left out of Ekblad and Reinhart.I don't think Bennett is in the cards anymore.I would definitely prefer Reinhart but I won't mind Ekblad.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
iss head us scout phil myre joins nhl live to provide in-depth analysis of some under-the-radar prospects heading into the 2014 nhl draft.
I caught his take on Wednesday. He gave some good insight on Milano and Fabbri. Most interestingly, he didn't sound all that high on Bennett, calling him a "potential role player." They have him at #4, and he acknowledged other services having him as the #1 rated player, the fact he'll continue to grow into his body (didn't see that as an issue), and that he could become a solid NHL-level scorer, but with all that the tone was definitely down on Bennett, at least in that interview.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Dreger mentioned earlier that he spoke with a source close to the Canucks that said "they have interest in moving up to #1, but don't feel it's likely to happen."

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I caught his take on Wednesday. He gave some good insight on Milano and Fabbri. Most interestingly, he didn't sound all that high on Bennett, calling him a "potential role player." They have him at #4, and he acknowledged other services having him as the #1 rated player, the fact he'll continue to grow into his body (didn't see that as an issue), and that he could become a solid NHL-level scorer, but with all that the tone was definitely down on Bennett, at least in that interview.

Yep, just a continuation of the divergent opinions that we've been seeing with respect to this year's prospect class.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Dreger mentioned earlier that he spoke with a source close to the Canucks that said "they have interest in moving up to #1, but don't feel it's likely to happen."

What happens when they trade Kesler and get another 1st rounder+ to work with? That could make them more comfortable upping their bid. I hope if anyone trades up its Edmonton because they probably take Ekblad I'd have to think.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
What happens when they trade Kesler and get another 1st rounder+ to work with? That could make them more comfortable upping their bid. I hope if anyone trades up its Edmonton because they probably take Ekblad I'd have to think.

Edmonton doesn't have the "win now" piece that Florida would want

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@DarrenDreger: Dale Tallon is telling gm's he has 1 really good offer for 1st pick overall. Not sure he's going to take it. Other so-so offers as well.

ZeroPT*

Even though I am like the biggest Eberle hater, just from what I imagine his trade value is, giving him up to move from 3rd to 1st is asking a lot.

With the rumors of Tallon wanting to move some youth I could see kulikov also being part of it

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
[NHL]626468[/NHL]
SabresTV's Brian Duff talked to some of the top prospects Thursday afternoon.

I wonder what they were actually thinking about Buffalo?

Ekblad had the "best" answer but he definitely has the most coached answers. The "organization that knows how to develop prospects" line just sounded funny.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I wonder what they were actually thinking about Buffalo?

Ekblad had the "best" answer but he definitely has the most coached answers. The "organization that knows how to develop prospects" line just sounded funny.

Bennett bringing up that Buffalo is close to home and is a good sports city rings authentic, though obviously that doesn't imply he wants to wind up there. Dal Colle is just like ":shrug: draft me" which is good too. Ekblad's probably saying the exact same thing to anyone who asks about any team.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 5m

Kekalainen: "I asked the top three teams what it would take. They say Ryan Johansen. I just said, 'Okay. That's not gonna happen. Click.'"

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 5m

Kekalainen: "I asked the top three teams what it would take. They say Ryan Johansen. I just said, 'Okay. That's not gonna happen. Click.'"

Our dream is to be in that situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad