2014 Draft Thread – Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

Rinehart is more of a Toews or a Lecavalier they say. Giroux's too offensively gifted, but I think Bennett's all around fire, and talent sets him away from Rinehart. It's a win, win either pick.

Stop calling him Rinehart.

Also, Reinhart is nothing like Lecavalier. At all.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
So Bennett is Doug Gilmour and Reinhart is Adam Oates.

I would take Oates just because I hate Gilmour for his cheap shot on Varada :sarcasm:

Seriously though,it looks like Bennett has just one elite season in the O.I know junior stats aren't the end all be all but Bennett prior to his draft eligible year he had only one season in the OHL where he only put up 40 points in 60 games.Compare that to Sam Reinhart, who put up 62 points in 67 games as a 16/17 year old,85 points in in 72 games last year and then 105 in 60 in his draft eligible year.Reinhart has 2 seasons of well over a ppg and also a near ppg in his first full year in the WHL.Bennett had a .66 ppg his first year and then he had his great year this season as a draft eligible.I just think Reinhart has more of a pedigree and proven success.It does worry me that Bennett literally only has 1 great year compared to Reinhart's 3.Even this year Reinhart had a higher ppg in a much more physical league.Obviously I will take the scouts word on them ranking Bennett #1 but when it comes to the prospects being that close to each other,I want to take the guy who has had multiple seasons of high end production, not just one halfway decent rookie season and a great draft eligible year compared to a near ppg rookie season and 2 elite production seasons.Reinhart being a 95 probably has something to do with it,but enough to make him fall behind Bennett?

It has everything to do with it, Reinhart is nearly a full season older than Bennett. In juniors that means so much.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Rinehart is more of a Toews or a Lecavalier they say. Giroux's too offensively gifted, but I think Bennett's all around fire, and talent sets him away from Rinehart. It's a win, win either pick.

Honestly, I'm surprised Bennett has had this kind of staying power. Based on my viewings, the two Western centers are clearly ahead.

Draisaitl/Reinhart

Ekblad

Bennett/MDC

JMO

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Honestly, I'm surprised Bennett has had this kind of staying power. Based on my viewings, the two Western centers are clearly ahead.

Draisaitl/Reinhart

Ekblad

Bennett/MDC

JMO

I really dont understand why people question Reinhart. To me he is the #1 player by far. I would be disappointed if they pass on him.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It has everything to do with it, Reinhart is nearly a full season older than Bennett. In juniors that means so much.

Well he's 7 months older not exactly a full year but you are right a 95 vs 96 is a big difference. In 08 Doughty was a late 89 yet he still was the first dman taken.As a 16 year old Bennett put up 40 points in 60 games and Reinhart as a 16 year old put up 62 points in 67 games nearly a ppg. Reinhart has been the consensus top forward prospect for the 2014 draft for the last few years. I trust Murray in evaluating the prospects so if he thinks Bennett's overall game is a better fit then I will take his word. It's just that Reinhart has been at the top for so long that I think he should be the pick. Before this year it was Reinhart/Ekblad as the consensus top prospects. Reinhart was also in this years WJC team while Bennett wasn't selected. I liked what I saw of Reinhart at the WJC and bloodlines are important. Seeing as Reinharts dad played 11 seasons and 2 of his brothers were drafted including Griffin as a #4 overall pick just has me wanting him. I haven't seen Bennett so I will refrain from trying to go in detail on him but I would just prefer Reinhart. I guess it comes down to the lottery as we may not even have a chance at Reinhart and Bennett will be the de facto pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad