2014 Draft Picks, Preseason Schedule (finalized), Media Links, Salary Cap, (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
Schenn and Mac need to be resign both should get better money then they are currently making.And would think probly both agents and homer are talking and will get a deal done. Dont think Mac will get the money some are saying i think around 3.5 -4 mill for 4 or 5 yrs.
Hope Timmo calls it quits and maybe Grossman gets moved.:amazed:

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I just dont see Kimmo retiring...the guy is a warrior and as long as he sees a chance at it he will keep trying to win a cup.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Kimmo said it's either the Flyers or retirement. He believes they are close but he isn't leaving for another team. Kimmo at 2 million base salary + 2 million in bonuses for games played and how far we advance is what I would try for.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
well...then he shouldnt be signing with us

I think we have a lot of potential. If everything we have been waiting for with our young guys starts to show next season and we pick up a few pieces, im sure we could manage more than a first round elimination.

I like our young guys for the first time in a really long time.
One guy i cant wait to see in year 2 is Raffl.

I think with the right mix and addition of a top defenseman, we arent that far off.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think we have a lot of potential. If everything we have been waiting for with our young guys starts to show next season and we pick up a few pieces, im sure we could manage more than a first round elimination.

I think with the right mix and addition of a top defenseman, we arent that far off.

Yea few big ifs obviously but you're right if schenn and couts go to the next level and ghost is the boost on d that we need. I actually think those things will happen.

Even still it's hard to argue the point that if mason was healthy we win that series and are headed to the finals again

south jersey flyer

Jun 2, 2010
Lumberton, NJ

Agreed, we do have a lot of potential, but I don't think we'll be serious contenders next year. In two years, I think we have a shot, especially if we can get Gostisbehere, Hagg, etc.. contributing on the NHL roster. I could see us winning a round or two, but I'd be shocked if we ended up winning the East.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Raffl in year two. I could see him getting 10-15 goals and 25-30 points on the 4th line if Laughton is on his line.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I'm optimistic of the future, with hagg, ghost and morin, we have an up and coming d-core that will be far better than what we have now, we finally have a goalie who can play his position at least as well as an average goalie, and we have good depth on forward, add a top line winger for giroux and maybe a low to mid range top pairing defensemen if our prospects don't pan out as well as we want and we'd be set to at least contend

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Any word on when the regular season sched comes out ?

The first preseason date has been announced: Maple Leafs vs. Flyers (home team) in London, Ontario on September 22, 2014.

The regular season schedule date release hasn't been confirmed but I would imagine the League will say something about a date during the Finals. It usually gets announced in late June but last year was delayed due in part to the Olympic break. Later in the summer, TV schedules are updated and confirmed though not in one issuance.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
lololololololol
We have a saying that would be directly translated as follows: After a battle, everyone is a general. Or, you know, hindsight is 20-20. At least he was man enough to make a prediction, and he was off by a year and a million. Who's the bigger doofus here?

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
I think the laughter was more -Don't underestimate Homer's stupidity- than it was laughing at the guy for making a prediction.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Any word on when the regular season sched comes out ?

The first preseason date has been announced: Maple Leafs vs. Flyers (home team) in London, Ontario on September 22, 2014.

The regular season schedule date release hasn't been confirmed but I would imagine the League will say something about a date during the Finals. It usually gets announced in late June but last year was delayed due in part to the Olympic break. Later in the summer, TV schedules are updated and confirmed though not in one issuance.

To follow up on that, one indication mentioned today is June 22 or 23 for a possible release date.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Do we have Boston's 2nd or 3rd?

Popular conjecture is that the pick becomes a second round selection if Boston re-signs Meszaros prior to the draft. If so, that is yet to be determined. One other possible stipulation was if the Bruins reached the ECF in 2014 and Meszaros played in 2/3 of their games (that criteria was not met).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Kimmo said it's either the Flyers or retirement. He believes they are close but he isn't leaving for another team. Kimmo at 2 million base salary + 2 million in bonuses for games played and how far we advance is what I would try for.

So you are Hextall in disguise? Great deal!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We stole a 3rd rounder. I'm not going to push it. Boston's not going to bring him back.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
Seen a tweet that we invited a dman from lavia to camp that was suspended from sochi games because he failed drug test. Ralf's Freibergs is his name and he will be at the prospects Camp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad