2014 Draft Picks, Preseason Schedule (finalized), Media Links, Salary Cap, (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
hey guys, I was looking at the upcoming schedule. I noticed, flyers have alot of road games between Now 11/23 through Jan 7, we play 22 total games 16 on the road 6 home.

including 2 6 game trips a piece. What I also noticed is the home games some of them are 1 game then back on road so in a weird way its like a road game because they have to travel and then leave.

WSH and CLB who were are having 2 home and home series each with are the only 2 games in a row which flyers will be home.

they will play 7 more games prior to the olympic break after the feb 8th game.

so when the season resumes on feb 27 flyers will have 15 home games and 9 road games since they will have already played 32 of there 41 road games.

so down the stretch we will have only 9 road games to play and the longest stretch of road games will be 3 and thats at the end of the season during the final 4 games of the season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
RT @stevelepore: NBC has chosen Boston-Philadelphia as their Game of the Week on March 30. Will air on Sunday at 12:30 p.m. ET.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
With all the wishy-washy nature of current cap speculation, this isn't going to be as well-projected as I would've liked, but it seems our roster for next year is starting to take shape...

It's pretty evident that Downie is gone and that Raffl will be here. The big factors here are new contracts for Schenn, Timonen, and MacDonald. Gustafsson is also currently without contract.

Hartnell (4.75) - Giroux (8.23) - Voracek (4.25)
Lecavalier (4.50) - Schenn (3.25) - Simmonds (3.98)
Raffl (1.10) - Couturier (1.75) - Read (3.63)
Rinaldo (0.75) - xxxxxxxxxx (0.80) - xxxxxxxxxx (0.80)
Rosehill (0.68)

Timonen (5.50) - Coburn (4.50)
Streit (5.25) - Grossmann (3.50)
MacDonald (4.75) - Schenn (3.60)
Gustafsson (1.00)

Mason (4.10)
xxxxxxxxxx (1.50)

SALARY SPENT: 54.57
PROJECTED CHARGES: 17.30
TOTAL: 71.87

It seems we can't have our cake and eat it too. Some tough decisions are coming this offseason.

We could possibly save money by dropping Grossmann for someone cheaper. Maybe Timonen decides to retire as well. Perhaps Schenn comes a little cheaper. Even so, we might be pushing it.

It's funny that everyone has always been so gloom and doom about the Flyers and their salary cap. I've always been calm (as has most of the Flyers' board) since there's always a way out. This is the first year that I don't see a way out if Timonen decides to give it one more year.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If I am Holmgren I say two words to Schenn:

Kadri, Stepan.

$2.9 and $3.075.

Kadri: 44 in 48.
Stepan: 45 in 82, 51 in 82, 44 in 48.

Schenn: 26 in 47 (45 in 82 pace), pacing for 47 in 82 this year.

Schenn should get ~$2.75 tbh.

Couture had a 56 point years then a 65 point year and only got 3 mill, when the cap was slightly higher.

Ennis had 49 in 82 then 34 in 48 and got $2.8 mil.

They are the 4 guys who his contract will likely be worked off... Okposo maybe too. ($2.8 after multiple 50 point pace years)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You left off Pronger's $4.94 million hit which will have to be on the Flyers initial roster.

The way out is for Kimmo to sign for around $4m after Pronger goes on LTIR at the end of training camp. Or to trade Grossmann.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Regardless of how much money we can whittle Schenn or Timonen down to, the truth of the matter is that we DEFINITELY cannot carry all of Schenn, Timonen, MacDonald, and Grossmann on the roster next season unless the cap does hit the 71.00 mark.

Grossmann seems to be the odd man out, but who replaces him? Gus I would hope, but that leaves our defense a lot smaller.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Regardless of how much money we can whittle Schenn or Timonen down to, the truth of the matter is that we DEFINITELY cannot carry all of Schenn, Timonen, MacDonald, and Grossmann on the roster next season unless the cap does hit the 71.00 mark.

Grossmann seems to be the odd man out, but who replaces him? Gus I would hope, but that leaves our defense a lot smaller.

Yeh, if it were me Grossmann would be the one gone... I like the guy, and the end of 11-12, 12-13, the start of this year and the last ten games he has been a warrior and an effective #5.

But the money he gets to be a #5 means he should be gone really... 6 D men on over 3 million is stupid with a capital S.

Gus would be nice to replace him, though if size is a worry, just sign Folin. :naughty:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If I am Holmgren I say two words to Schenn:

Kadri, Stepan.

$2.9 and $3.075.

Kadri: 44 in 48.
Stepan: 45 in 82, 51 in 82, 44 in 48.

Schenn: 26 in 47 (45 in 82 pace), pacing for 47 in 82 this year.

Schenn should get ~$2.75 tbh.

Couture had a 56 point years then a 65 point year and only got 3 mill, when the cap was slightly higher.

Ennis had 49 in 82 then 34 in 48 and got $2.8 mil.

They are the 4 guys who his contract will likely be worked off... Okposo maybe too. ($2.8 after multiple 50 point pace years)

If I am homer i say one word. Edmonton

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Having six defensemen all making $3.5m or more is too much. I'm not going to check every team's page on capgeek but I don't think any club in the league does that.

Folin would be nice, but one of Gus, Lauridsen or Alt should be able to be the #6 guy next season. And it's likely that Morin gets some regular season games if he has a really good training camp.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Having six defensemen all making $3.5m or more is too much. I'm not going to check every team's page on capgeek but I don't think any club in the league does that.

Folin would be nice, but one of Gus, Lauridsen or Alt should be able to be the #6 guy next season. And it's likely that Morin gets some regular season games if he has a really good training camp.

Yep, we have the options, Gus has shown he is more than capable... and Alt has had a nice year and has the tools to be an NHLer. I am not very high on the Great Dane; I think he can play at NHL level, but as a 6/7.

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Amac
Gus-Schenn

would be fine in my book...

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I'm starting to suspect that the plan is to jettison Grossmann, go with Gus, and hope for Morin to be a miracle prospect. Either way, I have no big deal with Timonen - Coburn / Streit - MacDonald / Gustafsson - Schenn.

Big "No"s from me as far as Lauridsen or Alt is concerned. It's a shame because healthy Bourdon a few years back would've been perfect for this 6 slot.

Our forward core is pretty much set, but I'm curious to see if Laughton can be our 4th line center. No rush of course because I'd just as happily re-sign Hall.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I'm starting to suspect that the plan is to jettison Grossmann, go with Gus, and hope for Morin to be a miracle prospect. Either way, I have no big deal with Timonen - Coburn / Streit - MacDonald / Gustafsson - Schenn.

Big "No"s from me as far as Lauridsen or Alt is concerned. It's a shame because healthy Bourdon a few years back would've been perfect for this 6 slot.

Our forward core is pretty much set, but I'm curious to see if Laughton can be our 4th line center. No rush of course because I'd just as happily re-sign Hall.

Why no to Alt? I don't get to watch Phantoms games but all I usually hear is good things about him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I doubt Gus will be back next year if Timonen & MacDonald are back. It sounds like he has no place/role on this roster in management's eyes according to the article Metzler wrote recently. Him along with one of Grossmann or Schenn will likely be sent packing with him me thinks.

I'm thinking Alt, Lauridsen, or a cheap vet (ala Sean O'Donnell 2010-2011) will fill the #6 slot as a physical shutdown presence.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
With all the wishy-washy nature of current cap speculation, this isn't going to be as well-projected as I would've liked, but it seems our roster for next year is starting to take shape...

It's pretty evident that Downie is gone and that Raffl will be here. The big factors here are new contracts for Schenn, Timonen, and MacDonald. Gustafsson is also currently without contract.

Hartnell (4.75) - Giroux (8.23) - Voracek (4.25)
Lecavalier (4.50) - Schenn (3.25) - Simmonds (3.98)
Raffl (1.10) - Couturier (1.75) - Read (3.63)
Rinaldo (0.75) - xxxxxxxxxx (0.80) - xxxxxxxxxx (0.80)
Rosehill (0.68)

Timonen (5.50) - Coburn (4.50)
Streit (5.25) - Grossmann (3.50)
MacDonald (4.75) - Schenn (3.60)
Gustafsson (1.00)

Mason (4.10)
xxxxxxxxxx (1.50)

SALARY SPENT: 54.57
PROJECTED CHARGES: 17.30
TOTAL: 71.87

It seems we can't have our cake and eat it too. Some tough decisions are coming this offseason.

We could possibly save money by dropping Grossmann for someone cheaper. Maybe Timonen decides to retire as well. Perhaps Schenn comes a little cheaper. Even so, we might be pushing it.

It's funny that everyone has always been so gloom and doom about the Flyers and their salary cap. I've always been calm (as has most of the Flyers' board) since there's always a way out. This is the first year that I don't see a way out if Timonen decides to give it one more year.

I still think we should try to move Vinny and get a real LW. He has looked better lately but I just don't think him playing on LW will work long term

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I think they resign Hall and play him Laughton and Rinaldo on the 4th line.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Official team picture.

BkEN4T4CIAAGxkl.jpg:large

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
For those who may or may not have access: the April 8 game at Florida will also be aired on NHLN-US.

This is a recent change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad