Prospect Info: 2014 Development Camp

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
An elipse is an interderminate lapse of time

At least that's what it is in movies

EDIT: I see where it came up. I'm assuming it's the three (+) dots at the end of sentences, a figure of style Zeke likes

CanadianGuest

Jul 14, 2012
Ontario
But obviously being the youngest kid in the AHL playing against men with better pedigrees and scoring 30 goals is a fantastic sign for Puempel then right?

Quick note on Puempel, not sure if this has been noticed, but the kid is still growing. Hockey Futures had him at 6'0" 190. The Hockey News put him at 6'0" 198 last fall, Binghamton site now lists Puempel at 6'1" 205.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
whats an ellipses?

"Mika Zibanejad":

Here you go I looked it up myself, laughing..........

ellipsis

noun
pl. el·lip·ses

a. The omission of a word or phrase necessary for a complete syntactical construction but not necessary for understanding.
b. An example of such omission.
A mark or series of marks ( &ellipsis; or * * * , for example) used in writing or printing to indicate an omission, especially of letters or words.

a : the omission of one or more words that are obviously understood but that must be supplied to make a construction grammatically complete
b : a sudden leap from one topic to another
: marks or a mark (as …) indicating an omission (as of words) or a pause
See ellipsis defined for English-language learners »
See ellipsis defined for kids »

CanadianGuest

Jul 14, 2012
Ontario
I think maybe the issue is that you leave you use an ellipsis at the end of a sentence, which is sometimes construed as being a sign of sarcasm in internet speak, which is what I took it to mean in the context of what you wrote...

I use the ... when I remove unnecessary text. I also use it as an etc at times. I never knew, before today, that it is also considered a sign of sarcasm on the Internet, that is news to me. I, for one, will try to be careful in that respect. Never too old to learn, lets just hope I remember, lol.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I use the ... when I remove unnecessary text. I also use it as an etc at times. I never knew, before today, that it is also considered a sign of sarcasm on the Internet, that is news to me. I, for one, will try to be careful in that respect. Never too old to learn, lets just hope I remember, lol.

I had the same understanding as you CanadianGuest. I think I have forgotton more than I know now! :)

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Quick note on Puempel, not sure if this has been noticed, but the kid is still growing. Hockey Futures had him at 6'0" 190. The Hockey News put him at 6'0" 198 last fall, Binghamton site now lists Puempel at 6'1" 205.

I think this is NHL growth where the tape measure used is slightly different that last years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00