Olympics: 2014 - Canada Roster Discussion (Part VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I usually save pretty much all of my hatred for anything/anyone related to Toronto/Boston, but I gotta say, it's crazy how much I despise Jay Bouwmeister: the most overrated, vanilla, bland, weaksauciest player of all time. Just makes me... UGH.

Talk to me when you actually watch Boumeester play.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
nhl.com roster

Stamkos - Crosby - Duchene
Perry - Toews - Getzlaf
Couture - Thornton - Tavares
St.Louis - Bergeron - Lucic

Weber - Doughty
Pietrangelo - Letang
Keith - Seabrook
Subban - Bouwmeester

Price, Luongo, Crawford

key players

when you look at the names only, and not the excact lines, Lucic and Thornton are questionable, otherwise it's fine.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
nhl.com roster

Perry - Toews - Getzlaf

Weber - Doughty
Pietrangelo - Letang
Keith - Seabrook
Subban - Bouwmeester

Price, Luongo, Crawford

key players

when you look at the names only, and not the excact lines, Lucic and Thornton are questionable, otherwise it's fine.
I really hope Looch makes team Canada, he's looked as good as ever to start the year. Some people say he won't be effective on big ice, but his physical presence down low by the net won't be negated.

DyerMaker66*

nhl.com roster

Perry - Toews - Getzlaf

Weber - Doughty
Pietrangelo - Letang
Keith - Seabrook
Subban - Bouwmeester

Price, Luongo, Crawford

key players

I could live with that, minus the two you mentioned. Add Staal and Giroux.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Rick Nash pray to god heals, losing our number one winger some would say, could be devasting. No Canadian with his attributes and all can bring what he brings in an international game, he was born for international Hockey.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Remember Giroux when playing with Jagr had that magical year, when he plays with elite talent, he can work magic, so don't disregard him as a bad player, that's not right to dump on someone when they're down.

Serenade

Feb 5, 2008
Kinda relevant:

I love this interview. They can use this as their motto.

Last edited:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I have no concerns with Subban. Mr. Letang is another story. I just think Subban brings so much speed and offensive prowess to the series, he cannot be left at home.

jgoud*

Updated lineup:

Duchene - Crosby - Giroux/Nash(injury)
Stamkos - Toews - St. Louis
Couture - Tavares - Carter
Lucic - Bergeron - E. Kane/Eberle

Getzlaf/Staal

Keith - Weber
Pietrangelo - Doughty
Letang - Subban
Vlasic

Price
Luongo
Crawford

I know E. Kane wasn't at camp but he's so fast and he's been playing well.

RussCourtnallsGhost

Jul 10, 2006
Montreal
Talk to me when you actually watch Boumeester play.

Ok, let's talk! Hi!

So, I watched the Jay Bouwmeester Highlights DVD, and oh no, wait, I didn't because it would be the most boring thing ever and nobody would ever compile such a thing because all he can do is skate with a nice stride.

Here's one of the best analyses of Bouwmeester I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqof09PxEmM

He's casual. He's a passenger. He's the worst and I hate him. :D

He's not the worst, but there are tons of guys I would take before him. Hell, I'd take Phaneuf ahead of him, and that's saying something.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Updated lineup:

Duchene - Crosby - Giroux/Nash(injury)
Stamkos - Toews - St. Louis
Couture - Tavares - Carter
Lucic - Bergeron - E. Kane/Eberle

Getzlaf/Staal

Keith - Weber
Pietrangelo - Doughty
Letang - Subban
Vlasic

Price
Luongo
Crawford

I know E. Kane wasn't at camp but he's so fast and he's been playing well.
I really like that lineup. I may switch out the odd forward for another, but you nailed the defense for me (except I wouldn't put Subban and Letang together) and the goaltending.

For the defense, I'd run:

Keith - Weber
Pietrangelo - Subban
Letang - Doughty

One of the best rosters I've seen as a whole though.

Edgar

Dec 29, 2009
Ok, let's talk! Hi!

So, I watched the Jay Bouwmeester Highlights DVD, and oh no, wait, I didn't because it would be the most boring thing ever and nobody would ever compile such a thing because all he can do is skate with a nice stride.

He's not the worst, but there are tons of guys I would take before him. Hell, I'd take Phaneuf ahead of him, and that's saying something.
You can tell this fan did his homework before making outlandish claims :sarcasm:

DyerMaker66*

Remember Giroux when playing with Jagr had that magical year, when he plays with elite talent, he can work magic, so don't disregard him as a bad player, that's not right to dump on someone when they're down.

I feel as though his entire team stinks and that shouldn't reflect negatively on him.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Talk to me when you've watched him play on a team that didn't hide his faults: He sucked in Calgary.

Calgary fans might disagree but thats a different case I guess.
my case is that Letang, Keith and Vlasic wouldn't do any better on the same Calgary team. yes, its easier if you play on a good team where players are that can hide your faults and all of the mentioned players AND Jbo aren't perfect whatsoever.

plus it doesn't help to say he better not makes the team because he WAS bad... you wanna win in Sochi? you better ice the best team available and IMO Jbo-Petro could get there as new Keith-Seabrook or Jumbo-Marleau. not because are the best ever but because of amazing chemistry.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Ok, let's talk! Hi!

well, hard to argue with a well thought, good analyzed post backed up by great video analyzes without any personal feelings... you convinced me, Jbo has no place on this team and even is the worst dman ever!!

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
I feel as though his entire team stinks and that shouldn't reflect negatively on him.

so G should get a spot because he is great but just plays beyond his expectations because his teams bad play reflects on him. ok.

meanwhile Jbo shouldn't even be in the discussion of making it because he just plays great because his d partner and his teams strong play reflects on him. alright.

now my last 3 posts are about Jbo and Team Canada and you guys must think I'm the biggest fanboi ever but that isn't even true.
yes, I'd like to see him there but honestly I don't really care but its just a mess how some of you guys judge your teams players without looking at the big picture at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad