Olympics: 2014 - Canada Roster Discussion (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

startainfection*

i can't wait until nash goes somewhere else and he struggles to reach 65 points

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Unless Hall has an unbelievable year (...and he'll be coming off an injury), I'm doubtful he'd make the team...I think that if Nuge has a decent year, he'll be on the list before Hall.

I think the most likely forwards will be:

Crosby
Tavares
Stamkos
Eberle
Giroux
Toews
Getzlaf
Richards

Perry

RNH

Bergeron/Spezza/Benn/Staal/Skinner/Kane/Hall

Macman

May 15, 2004
Unless Hall has an unbelievable year (...and he'll be coming off an injury), I'm doubtful he'd make the team.

His speed and drive for the net makes him a shoe-in for me. Plus he's a true winger when most of Canada's top players are centres. Unless he has a total collapse in development, which seems unlikely, or an injury, he's there IMO.

DyerMaker66*

Wow, I guess Nash must have done something terrible I didn't hear about. Wanting a chance to win a cup is such an awful trait!:laugh:

That's clearly not the case with Nash since he continues to sign with the team that drafted him.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Stamkos-Crosby-Giroux
Staal-Tavares-Eberle
Richards-Toews-Nash
Benn-Getzlaf-Perry

Doughty-Weber
Letang-Pietrangelo
Keith-Seabrook

Price
Luongo

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Stamkos-Crosby-Giroux
Staal-Tavares-Eberle
Richards-Toews-Nash
Benn-Getzlaf-Perry

Doughty-Weber
Letang-Pietrangelo
Keith-Seabrook

Price
Luongo

Your roster is virtually the same as mine, except in the forwards, I do not have Benn on my team. I have Skinner on my team, and Sharp instead of Eberle in my top 12. However, I would put Hall or Eberle on my team in place of Sharp if they have a great next season. I think Benn is a good player, but do not understand why everyone has him as one of the guys on the team when others are much better. I like what Sharp brings to the table as of right now- his experience playing for Team Canada on multiple occassions, the flexibility in his game, and his chemistry with Toews. He has played very good hockey whenever he has put on a Canada jersey. He is a very underrated player in my opinion. Others might disagree about Sharp, and I respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad