Olympics: 2014 - Canada Roster Discussion (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'd go again with their checking line from Vancouver -- Richards, Toews and Nash. They were tremendous.

Absolutely. That is why I do not understand many posters leaving guys like Richards and Nash off the team in favour of guys like Benn, Neal, Staal, Ladd, etc. People forget how good this line played when it mattered the most.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Absolutely. That is why I do not understand many posters leaving guys like Richards and Nash off the team in favour of guys like Benn, Neal, Staal, Ladd, etc. People forget how good this line played when it mattered the most.

Amen. Rewatch the Russia game and watch that line dominate OV et all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Amen. Rewatch the Russia game and watch that line dominate OV et all.

The reason why Canada won gold in my opinion was due to that line. Yet, posters do not want guys like Nash and Richards for Sochi. They also have a point that it depends on how everyone plays for the next season, and the first couple of months of 2013-2014 season. However, I hope Hockey Canada does not go strictly with young guys like Kane and Hall, and realize how valuable guys like Richards and Nash were in 2010.

Last edited:

The Perfect Human*

Tavares Giroux Stamkos
Staal Crosby Nash
Perry Toews Eberle
Benn Bergeron Spezza
Nugent-Hopkins
Thornton/Iginla

Pietrangelo Weber
Keith Pronger
Doughty Seabrook
Subban

Price
Luongo
Fleury

Use the Schwartz*

Pietrangelo a lock for the team? Just curious on what folks think.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Tavares Giroux Stamkos
Staal Crosby Nash
Perry Toews Eberle
Benn Bergeron Spezza
Nugent-Hopkins
Thornton/Iginla

Pietrangelo Weber
Keith Pronger
Doughty Seabrook
Subban

Price
Luongo
Fleury

No Letang? I don't see them taking RNH as the 13th forward.

startainfection*

definites depending on health

Crosby
Tavares
Stamkos
Eberle
Giroux
Toews
Doughty

the remaining 6 forward spots will be fought for between
M Richards
E Staal
J staal
Duchene
RNH
Hall
E Kane
Carter
Couture
Skinner
Moulson
Henrique
Getzlaf
Perry
Seguin

the other five d will probably be the next canadian to win the norris and the 4 dmen that do best next season and the season after

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Getzlaf-Tavares-Eberle
Bergeron-Crosby-Stamkos
Hall-RNH-Giroux
E.Staal-Toews-J.Staal
M.Richards

steveott x29*

Getzlaf-Tavares-Eberle
Bergeron-Crosby-Stamkos
Hall-RNH-Giroux
E.Staal-Toews-J.Staal
M.Richards

no jamie benn ?

benn is already better then both the stalls + mike richards +bergeron

duul

Jun 21, 2010
no jamie benn ?

benn is already better then both the stalls + mike richards +bergeron

Benn is good and we'll see how he pans out but as of now the Staal brothers would be an interesting 4th line. Bergeron made the team last year because of chemistry with Crosby and they won gold, I don't see that changing.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Pietrangelo a lock for the team? Just curious on what folks think.

Not a lock but if he wants to make the team he needs to keep progressing until the Olympics. That was a very generic answer but Canada needs a guy on the backend who can play defense (to replace pronger) but can move the puck and he certainly fits the bill

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Rick Nash is a long way from being washed up. Hopefully he'll soon be on his way to another team where he can play with some decent line mates. The guy has never played in the NHL with a decent center. If he stays in Columbus it will be a waste of a career. :shakehead

I agree. I think Hockey Canada should demand he be moved to the Canucks immediately so they can have a better look at him next season!
:handclap::sarcasm:

DyerMaker66*

Benn is good and we'll see how he pans out but as of now the Staal brothers would be an interesting 4th line. Bergeron made the team last year because of chemistry with Crosby and they won gold, I don't see that changing.

Bergeron didn't really play with Crosby in 2010 iirc. It sucks though because the two really did have great chemistry together. Bergeron - Crosby - Seguin would be sick, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
These are my 13 forwards and my lines as of right now-

Eric Staal Crosby Stamkos

Perry Getzlaf Skinner

Nash Tavares Giroux

Sharp Toews Mike Richards

T. Seguin

In a follow up, people are forgetting Perry was the league leader in goals last year, and played really good hockey in 2010 with Getzlaf, helping Canada to win gold. Nash played on a horrible Columbus team. Please do not base his play on his stats. Put this guy on any other team besides Columbus, and his stats would have been way better. No to Bergeron, who was terrible in Vancouver, had his minutes cut drastically, had Crosby taken off his line, and did poorly on the faceoffs and might be worse in Sochi 2014 on the bigger ice. Also, guys like Eberle, Hall, and Kane are on my radar if they continue to improve over the next year and a quarter before Sochi 2014.

startainfection*

this is different but pp unit 1

Stamkos - Crosby - Tavares
Weber - Doughty

like is this even fair?

DyerMaker66*

In a follow up, people are forgetting Perry was the league leader in goals last year, and played really good hockey in 2010 with Getzlaf, helping Canada to win gold. Nash played on a horrible Columbus team. Please do not base his play on his stats. Put this guy on any other team besides Columbus, and his stats would have been way better. No to Bergeron, who was terrible in Vancouver, had his minutes cut drastically, had Crosby taken off his line, and did poorly on the faceoffs and might be worse in Sochi 2014 on the bigger ice. Also, guys like Eberle, Hall, and Kane are on my radar if they continue to improve over the next year and a quarter before Sochi 2014.

He repeatedly chooses to do so: He seems perfectly happy playing on a hopeless team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad